Windows 10: Printer Drivers - I was told by manufacturer to contact Microsoft to missing ones...

Discus and support Printer Drivers - I was told by manufacturer to contact Microsoft to missing ones... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; But where do I do this? Okidata (the printer manufacturer) said that Microsoft now handles all printer drivers for Okidata printers and that if there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AzureFishy, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Printer Drivers - I was told by manufacturer to contact Microsoft to missing ones...

But where do I do this? Okidata (the printer manufacturer) said that Microsoft now handles all printer drivers for Okidata printers and that if there are any missing, that Microsoft needs to be told to add them.

In my case, I'm missing the drivers for a brand new Okidata 620 Microline Dot Matrix printer. There's almost every other Okidata under the sun there, including the 720, but the 620 is missing for some reason.

Anyone know who I can contact now?

Note: The printer's drivers were detected and worked fine before the March Windows 10 update.

Thanks!

- Aaron

:)

AzureFishy, Apr 3, 2019

2. Printer Class Drivers Missing

I am able to go and download individual drivers from the Manufacturer's Websites. The drivers I am talking about being missing are when you get the pick list while installing a new printer where you could select from hundreds of drivers from dozens of
    manufacturers. My pick list only lists Generic and Microsoft as manufacturers. Others such as Zebra, HP, Xerox, Canon, etc are not even listed. I have some vbs scripts that references these class drivers to install the printers, but they will not work because
    the class drivers are actually missing.

Scott Whetsell, A.A.S., Apr 3, 2019
  3. connecting laptop to Office jet G55 printer

Hi Luisa,

To help you with your concern regarding the printer, let me suggest you to contact the manufacturer for the steps on how to connect your printer to your computer. Please follow the steps on how to contact the manufacturer:

• The name of the OEM + “contact information”
    • The name of the OEM + “PC support”

Regards.

Virfranz Man, Apr 3, 2019
  4. Printer Drivers - I was told by manufacturer to contact Microsoft to missing ones...

One of my printers is missing

Hi Ellen,

What is the make and model of the printer?

It could be due to incorrect settings or missing/corrupt drivers or missing updates.

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below and check if it helps. It helps in checking settings, installing drivers and identifying and fixing the printer issues.

Fix printer problems: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

Printer Drivers - I was told by manufacturer to contact Microsoft to missing ones...

1. Printer Drivers - I was told by manufacturer to contact Microsoft to missing ones... - Similar Threads - Printer Drivers was

2. Drivers Missing for Printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drivers Missing for Printer: My PC recently died, and as a result the windows installation drive died. In reinstalling windows, i upgraded to windows 11. Now, my device can no longer connect to my home printer, a Brother mfc-885cw. The specific error is that the "Driver is Unavailable." Clicking "Find...
  3. Drivers Missing for Printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drivers Missing for Printer: My PC recently died, and as a result the windows installation drive died. In reinstalling windows, i upgraded to windows 11. Now, my device can no longer connect to my home printer, a Brother mfc-885cw. The specific error is that the "Driver is Unavailable." Clicking "Find...
  4. Printer driver missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer driver missing: I bought a new HP AIO computer and want to link it with my Kodak esp 3.2 printer. I had this running with a laptop using windows 10 but the new computer can't locate a printer driver and kodak no longer support their printers so I can't download a new driver from them. Can I...
  5. Missing printer driver

Missing printer driver: Hi can anyone help please? I bought a new HP laptop and connected my old Canon printer and it worked fine but now it is saying it has printer diver missing. I have uninstalled the printer for now as I need a new ink cartridge. My question is when I install the printer again...
  6. Hardware problems detected Contact manufacturer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hardware problems detected Contact manufacturer: My PC is restarting once or twice a day automatically. I ran memory diagnostics then the status was 'Hardware problems detected Contact manufacturer'. So can I know about this error ? and how to repair it ?...
  7. memory BSOD. diagnostic tool only told me to contact manufacturer but i sourced the parts...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    memory BSOD. diagnostic tool only told me to contact manufacturer but i sourced the parts...: in event viewer, the diagnostic tool gave me two error events with the event ID's: 1102 and 1202, saying it detected hardware problems. please let me know how i can provide more information if necessary and how to deal with this problem as i am quite lost. the pc has worked...
  8. HP 4630 All In One Printer "driver missing"

HP 4630 All In One Printer "driver missing": My printer was working well, the one day it stopped. Going through troubleshoot, states driver not installed or was deleted? When I check the printers devices, the printer is there, but cannot select it to make it my default printer and when I try to add a printer, it does...
  9. "Microsoft Corporation" is missing as Manufacturer in Device Manager

"Microsoft Corporation" is missing as Manufacturer in Device Manager: As the title suggest the manufacturer section when adding a legacy hardware is missing the "Microsoft Corporation" but "Microsoft" is still there listed. I'm trying to install RNDIS Network driver for my Raspberry Pi Zero W, but it looks like I can't ssh through using USB....
  10. Told to contact admin - but i am admin!

in Windows 10 Support
    Told to contact admin - but i am admin!: I wanted to save a txt file to C: and got told I didn't have permission to save in that location: contact admin. But I have admin, am an administrator. How does all that work? p.s. sharing is enabled. Administrators have full control. 114054