Windows 10: Printer drivers on Win 10 - which and where?

Discus and support Printer drivers on Win 10 - which and where? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Brother HL-5250DN printer which I'm trying to get working on my new Win 10 Pro PC. It is supposed to work just fine with the default driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SiBo, Feb 26, 2021.

1. SiBo Win User

Printer drivers on Win 10 - which and where?

I have a Brother HL-5250DN printer which I'm trying to get working on my new Win 10 Pro PC.

It is supposed to work just fine with the default driver but does not (it does on my old Win 10 Home PC). I eventually found an entry in Settings saying the driver could not be found.

Not having much of a clue about drivers I eventually found a download that purported to be drivers for this printer. I extracted it and found it contains numerous files. So my questions are:

a) Is any one of these the driver I want? (see attachment). EDIT: I assume it's one of the ones with the same name as the printer, but is it just a DLL that I want, nothing else?

b) If it is, where do I put it / what do I do with it?

Win 10 Pro 19042

Thanks.

:)

2. Arun B J Win User

Win 10 doesn't recognize my HP 8600 printer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run the Printer troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Printer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Printer. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Printer troubleshooter.
    Step 2: Compatibility mode

I would suggest you to install the latest available drivers on manufacturer's website in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

And also refer the link below and check if it helps

Fix printer problems

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards.

Arun B J, Feb 26, 2021
  3. Win 10 driver for konica minolta1350w laser printer

Hi Syed N

Thanks for your suggestion. However, I have not been able to find a Windows 10 driver for my Konica Minolta Pagepro 1350w laser printer. Contacted Konica technical support . Was advised that printer driver is not listed on their site, which I knew. They
    could offer no other help.

Any other suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks again.

Ron

miss pee wee, Feb 26, 2021
  4. NGeo Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Hey Dj Urko, I am trying to install the realtek driver and I get the error 0x0001. I have disabled secure boot and Driver signature. I have the latest win 10 build. What am I doing wrong? Can u post the complete list of steps that I have to take? I have an asus z170 with alc1150.
    Thanks in advance

Thema:

1. Printer drivers on Win 10 - which and where? - Similar Threads - Printer drivers where

2. Printers broken, driver problems, adding printer problems. Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printers broken, driver problems, adding printer problems. Win 10: This problem started because Brother MFC-J6920DW would not print correctly at letter size.Problem printer was deleted, including 'IPP Class Driver' and now I am unable to successfully add any printers. They either load up and simply say 'Driver is unavailable' or appear to...
  3. Printers broken, driver problems, adding printer problems. Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printers broken, driver problems, adding printer problems. Win 10: This problem started because Brother MFC-J6920DW would not print correctly at letter size.Problem printer was deleted, including 'IPP Class Driver' and now I am unable to successfully add any printers. They either load up and simply say 'Driver is unavailable' or appear to...
  4. Printers broken, driver problems, adding printer problems. Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Postscript printer driver which can use a PPD?

Postscript printer driver which can use a PPD?: I have an old postscript3/PCL6 network printer which on Windows up to 7 was able to use the Adobe Universal Printer driver with a PPD file. (Some magic was involved for W7, as I recall, it had to be installed in some compatibility mode.) However, on Windows 10 that driver...
  6. Win 10 printer "driver is unavailable"

Win 10 printer "driver is unavailable": I had to do a reinstall because of a hard drive failure. Once it was up and running I tried to install my printers. Now no printer works. I have four printers, all of which ran fine in my other install.. I'm running the same version (windows 10 pro 64 bit) same mobo, ram and...
  7. Win 10 Home 1803 can't install printer drivers for network printer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Home 1803 can't install printer drivers for network printer: So, the subject pretty much sums up the issue, I have a new Lenovo laptop that won't install a network printer. (Ricoh AP3800C) Yes, it's an old printer that is end of Life from Ricoh, but they released drivers that are still working for every other Win 10 machine I have, and...
  8. Win 10 HP Laserjet 1220 printer driver

Win 10 HP Laserjet 1220 printer driver: Previous versions of Win 10 have allowed me to install my HP LaserJet 1220. I bought a new Surface Go, and sadly this does not recognise my printer. I've done catalogue update - nothing. I've installed the driver from hp.com support - this doesn't work either. Can someone...
  9. Epson Printer Drivers for Win 10?

Epson Printer Drivers for Win 10?: Hi does anyone know or think the 64 bit 8.1 drivers for my printer may work for Win 10? (64 bit) Epson does not offer Win 10 drivers Some sites offer the drivers but I try not to download things from sites I do not trust It could be the 8.1 drivers in disguise or malware...
  10. HP Printer Drivers remain a headache on Win 10

HP Printer Drivers remain a headache on Win 10: This morning on checking for updates, I was notified that a driver update for my HP printer was available. After getting the update, and checking the update history file I notice that this update ran 6 times, all successfully. Trying to establish if there are any...