Windows 10: Printer Error after upgrading to 1809 Enterprise

Discus and support Printer Error after upgrading to 1809 Enterprise in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I upgraded my Windows 10 Enterprise to 1809. Prior to the upgrade, with the latest revisions to 1803, I was able to print perfectly. I print to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by David Langer, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Printer Error after upgrading to 1809 Enterprise

I upgraded my Windows 10 Enterprise to 1809. Prior to the upgrade, with the latest revisions to 1803, I was able to print perfectly.

I print to a Dell 3110cn Network Printer and i print directly via IP address. Once I upgraded to 1809, the system can poll the printer, but when i try to print a test page, I receive a message, Test Page failed to print.

I tried uninstalling the driver and installing other drivers from Dell, including their Open Printer Driver. The Open Printer Driver install, detects my printer model by IP Address and adds it, but no documents will come out. If I uninstall 1809 and go back to 1803, all is fine. I even tried installing it as a local printer and then added the printer's IP address as a port. Inside the driver, it can communicate with the printer and poll it.

I also disabled my Norton Security 2019 firewall to no avail.

I ran sfc /scannow and there are no issues. I removed all Dell Printers and tried to look for the drivers using Windows Update. This printer is not listed in Windows Update.

The printer troubleshooter is absolutely useless; it cannot find any issues. PDF Printing works fine. My Nuance PDF printing works perfectly; it will not work with this Dell printer. I also have this Dell printer set as a network printer running from my File Server. That does not work either. Need to know what to do to get this printer working. I don't want to have to purchase a new printer as it works perfectly with my other machines running 1803 and my Mac. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

David Langer, Nov 18, 2018
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Can't share printer—getting error message

Step 1: Go to store.
    Step 2: Buy a less shitty printer.
    Step 3: Pick up some beer while you are there.
    Step 4: Enjoy both your new printer and your beer.

In all seriousness, I have had more issues with Lexmark printers and their shitty drivers then any other manufacturer, HP is a close second though.

However, if you don't want to get a new printer*Laugh :laugh:, and I can understand that, when my Lexmark was giving me the same troubles in Win7(and Vista) I had to make sure the Windows firewall was ON and the firewall service was enabled and running. After I shared it I could re-disable the firewall and firewall services.

newtekie1, Nov 18, 2018
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Can't share printer—getting error message

Not working... I see the printer, but when I go to add it, I get this messge: "Windows could not connect to the printer (error 0x0000000d)."

I installed the 32-bit drivers for it and printed something out from the pc the printer is connected to, and I went to the additional drivers page and added drivers for 64-bit, and when I went to add the printer on the other machine, it copied drivers over, but after that I got the error message listed above...

4. Yaqub K Win User

Printer Error after upgrading to 1809 Enterprise

Printer error

Hi,

I suggest you to run in-built Printer troubleshooter and check. Refer to the following steps:

• Press Windows Key + X..

• Click on Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• On the left pane, click on View All.

• Click on Printer to run the troubleshooter.
    Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

Yaqub K, Nov 18, 2018
Thema:

Printer Error after upgrading to 1809 Enterprise

1. Printer Error after upgrading to 1809 Enterprise - Similar Threads - Printer Error upgrading

2. Problem upgrading Windows 10 Enterprise LSTC build 1809 to Windows 11 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem upgrading Windows 10 Enterprise LSTC build 1809 to Windows 11 Enterprise: HiOne of my friends ran into a problem when she tried to upgrade her Windows 10 Enterprise LSTC build 1809 to Windows 11 EnterpriseAccording to the upgrading tool her CPU, memory and disk space were all ok, but...Her regarding her operating system for the upgrade to windows...
  3. How to upgrade Windows 10 Enterprise version 1809 LTSC to the latest version of Enterprise LTSC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to upgrade Windows 10 Enterprise version 1809 LTSC to the latest version of Enterprise LTSC: Hi,I wanted to upgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC version 1809 to the latest version of Enterprise. Tried to upgrade by downloading the latest copy of enterprise LTSC from MS. Mounted and ran the setup but it says you can't keep anything. My question is how to keep apps...
  4. How to upgrade Windows 10 Enterprise version 1809 LTSC to the latest version of Enterprise LTSC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to upgrade Windows 10 Enterprise version 1809 LTSC to the latest version of Enterprise LTSC: Hi,I wanted to upgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC version 1809 to the latest version of Enterprise. Tried to upgrade by downloading the latest copy of enterprise LTSC from MS. Mounted and ran the setup but it says you can't keep anything. My question is how to keep apps...
  5. How to upgrade Windows 10 Enterprise version 1809 LTSC to the latest version of Enterprise LTSC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 1809 Enterprise and EoS

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 1809 Enterprise and EoS: Hi, i'm sure this has been asked many times... but wondering if anyone know if this might get extended or if there's an option to buy extended patching/updates after May 11....
  7. Problems with Windows 10 Enterprise and upgrading from feature pack 1809

Problems with Windows 10 Enterprise and upgrading from feature pack 1809: We have several Windows 10 Enterprise machines on our network and none of them will update past 1809. They don't fail, they just say "you are up to date" when you try to check for updates. It only happens on the Enterprise machines, not on the Windows 10 Professional...
  8. Error 0xd0000225 while upgrading to 1809

Error 0xd0000225 while upgrading to 1809: Hello, When I try upgrading my Windows 1803 to 1809 I get this 0xd0000225 error. In the error log that is located in C:$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Panther\setuperr.txt I see this: 5-17 03:55:46, Error SP CAddSafeOSBootEntry::ConfigureImageForRAMBoot: Failed to...
  9. Error Is it safe to Upgrade to 1803 after 1809 Failure

Error Is it safe to Upgrade to 1803 after 1809 Failure: Hi just tried to install 1803 Windows 10 KB4483234 1803 Update MS Windows Version 2018 1803 os build 17134, 471 and I received this Error "Error Standalone Windows Installer your PC is not compatible" Can anyone help please 123927
  10. Cyberoam Issues after upgrade to 1809

Cyberoam Issues after upgrade to 1809: After upgrading to Version 1809 (Build 17763.168), I am unable to use my corporate Ethernet connection. I do get connected - briefly, when I log in to the Cyberoam Client, but seconds later, I get the Blue Screen... Windows starts up fine after that, but when I try to...