Windows 10: Printer Error/ Collecting Printer Status

Discus and support Printer Error/ Collecting Printer Status in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! I have been trying to print PDF files from my Microsoft computer, which is running windows 10, to no avail. Whenever I try, I get a message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Marion Morel, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Printer Error/ Collecting Printer Status

Hello!

I have been trying to print PDF files from my Microsoft computer, which is running windows 10, to no avail. Whenever I try, I get a message saying that there was a printer error. Other times I get one saying "collecting printer status." I've tried printing through Acrobat Reader and still get the printer status message. I can print Microsoft powerpoints and word documents, but nothing that is PDF. Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I can fix this?

Thank you!

:)

Marion Morel, Aug 26, 2020

2. Error - Printing on Network printer

We have 4 printers on our Windows print server. The server was migrated from win2k3 to 2k8 on friday. 3/4 printers are working great, the other is having issues. When trying to print a test page to it, it gets a job status of Error - Printing.

When sending a small word document to it, it sends it to the printer, the queue is empty but nothing prints. If I goto the printer itself, it doesnt show any errors and I can print things such as information sheets and diagnostic files just fine.

All four printers are the same model, all 4 have a static IP. I can ping the printer successfully. I've tried printing from both an XP machine and the print server itself. I tried removing and adding the printer on the print server. And lastly, uunplugged the printer for 30 seconds, plugged it back in.

Any ideas?

Hybrid_theory, Aug 26, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Can't share printer—getting error message

Step 1: Go to store.
    Step 2: Buy a less shitty printer.
    Step 3: Pick up some beer while you are there.
    Step 4: Enjoy both your new printer and your beer.

In all seriousness, I have had more issues with Lexmark printers and their shitty drivers then any other manufacturer, HP is a close second though.

However, if you don't want to get a new printer*Laugh :laugh:, and I can understand that, when my Lexmark was giving me the same troubles in Win7(and Vista) I had to make sure the Windows firewall was ON and the firewall service was enabled and running. After I shared it I could re-disable the firewall and firewall services.

newtekie1, Aug 26, 2020
  4. Printer Error/ Collecting Printer Status

Error - Printing on Network printer

There is. Unfortunately the status doesnt showing anything. But I didnt know about this page. I tried printing a document from this page and it gave me a bit more of an error. Print service not responding.

Hybrid_theory, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

Printer Error/ Collecting Printer Status

1. Printer Error/ Collecting Printer Status - Similar Threads - Printer Error Collecting

2. Printer Offline status

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Offline status: Having two different issues with our printers connecting and getting up and running. We have two hp laserjet pro mfp m227fdw printers using Windows 10 and connecting over the same wifi.The first issue when connecting to the printer A is the printer is offline and can not get...
  3. printer status

printer status: windows 10 on laptop recognizes my printer, however, says "printer status is offline". USB laptop to printer and power laptop and printer turned on. How do I change status to online please....
  4. printer status

printer status: printer status denial unable to print https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-status/967a71f3-8528-4814-9906-4977b7cadcb7
  5. Printer status ONLINE but will not print.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printer status ONLINE but will not print.: Canon printer installed properly. It is set up without issue. Spent hours on the phone with Canon support to confirm printer is not the problem. Have updated drivers, uninstalled and re-installed printer. Still, every time I try to print a test page or anything, I get an...
  6. printer ink status

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    printer ink status: need to check printer ink status, how to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-ink-status/66971b32-5caf-4a81-a1a8-8e0e269e94ba
  7. printer status

printer status: My printer is in an idle status. How do I make it active? It prints a WIndows Printer Test Page! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-status/e6255a3b-c427-4eec-88ab-6062bd1fb16e
  8. printer status says error

printer status says error: printer status says error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-status-says-error/56fdbf11-cc3b-4ab1-98fc-65910caa67d3
  9. Printer Status

Printer Status: How do I fix the following: Printer Status: Default, Attention Required This error message is from W10 Home system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/printer-status/7b6aa3aa-dfa5-4d3b-a799-cbdeb6327434
  10. Printer Ink Level Status

Printer Ink Level Status: Since upgrading to Windows10 from Windows7, I no longer get the printer in level status that I did before the upgrade. I have an Epson NX420 Stylus printer. Previously, every time something was printed, the ink level pop up screen appeared. Anyone else having this problem?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. collecting printer status windows 10