Windows 10: Printer Error - DLL Initialization Routine Failed

Discus and support Printer Error - DLL Initialization Routine Failed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a very strange printer problem. I have a very good but bit older PC with an HP Laserjet 4000. I have used this printer and this PC originally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Howard08560, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Printer Error - DLL Initialization Routine Failed

I have a very strange printer problem. I have a very good but bit older PC with an HP Laserjet 4000.

I have used this printer and this PC originally with Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 with no problem. I upgraded to Windows 10 last year and still no problem with this PC and printer.

Then a few days ago it stopped printing - it appears that no data is being received by the printer from the PC. No changes were made to the PC. The printer is attached to a network and it prints fine from my Macbook Air and an old Mac Mini that are also attached to the network.

I tried deleting the printer and then adding it again but get the error message "Unable to install printer. Dynamic Link Library ("DLL") Initialization Routine Failed"

Even stranger, one time after I shut down and restarted both the printer and PC the Laserjet 4000 did install and print for a few minutes, then it stopped working again. I have been unable to successfully install the printer again.

Any ideas how to solve this problem? Thanks.

:)

Howard08560, Aug 15, 2016

2. Printer Error - DLL Initialization Routine Failed

Hi,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated/ incompatible drivers on your device.

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: Download the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website, re-install them manually in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Download from: HP LaserJet 4000 Printer

Refer to the article below by Andre Da Costa to install drivers manually:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the printer for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 15, 2016
  3. Printer Error - DLL Initialization Routine Failed

I have a very strange printer problem. I have a very good but bit older PC with an HP Laserjet 4000.

I have used this printer and this PC originally with Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 with no problem. I upgraded to Windows 10 last year and still no problem with this PC and printer.

Then a few days ago it stopped printing - it appears that no data is being received by the printer from the PC. No changes were made to the PC. The printer is attached to a network and it prints fine from my Macbook Air and an old Mac Mini that are also attached
    to the network. An HP inkjet also prints from this PC via the wireless network.

I tried deleting the printer and then adding it again but get the error message "Unable to install printer. Dynamic Link Library ("DLL") Initialization Routine Failed"

Even stranger, twice after I shut down and restarted both the printer and PC the Laserjet 4000 did install and print for a few minutes, then it stopped working again.

Any ideas how to solve this problem? Thanks

Howard085601402, Aug 15, 2016
Thema:

Printer Error - DLL Initialization Routine Failed

1. Printer Error - DLL Initialization Routine Failed - Similar Threads - Printer Error DLL

2. Windows Sandbox failing to initialize Error 0x80070424

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Sandbox failing to initialize Error 0x80070424: Whenever I try to launch Windows sandbox, it shows an error 0x80070424, the specified service does not exist as an installed service. I tried running sfc scan, restarting services, re-enabling features, restarting PC, nothing helped. I tried looking this error up on web, but...
  3. Windows Sandbox failed to initialize, Error 0x800700cb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Sandbox failed to initialize, Error 0x800700cb: Hi, I started getting the following error every time I try to start Windows Sandbox on Windows 11: Windows Sandbox failed to initialize. Error 0x800700cb. The system could not find the environment option that was entered. It used to work fairly recently, and I don't recall...
  4. Windows Sandbox failed to Initialize error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Sandbox failed to Initialize error: ive been experiencing this error every time i open windows Sandboxi do haveHyperV enabledVirtualization enabled in biosthe requirments for windows sandboxi re-enabled windows sandbox but it happend againmy pc specs:8GB RAM i5- intel iris XE pro...
  5. Windows Sandbox failed to Initialize error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Sandbox failed to Initialize error: ive been experiencing this error every time i open windows Sandboxi do haveHyperV enabledVirtualization enabled in biosthe requirments for windows sandboxi re-enabled windows sandbox but it happend againmy pc specs:8GB RAM i5- intel iris XE pro...
  6. DirectX failed to initialize error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    DirectX failed to initialize error on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Some PC users after installing the Virtual DJ or any such software on their […] This article DirectX failed to initialize error on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Viber will not initialize Error DLL 1114 is the message.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Viber will not initialize Error DLL 1114 is the message.: I have tried to reset the power options as instructed and run the windows fix program https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/viber-will-not-initialize-error-dll-1114-is-the/c371bede-efee-42f7-bfa0-c75a0f6eaa9a
  8. Failed to initialize

in Windows 10 Customization
    Failed to initialize: I downloaded a program - Twinity - and thought all was fine until I tried to log in and got the failed to intialize message. Can I get round this? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failed-to-initialize/cb4619db-8347-4ced-85da-896f0692a1cb
  9. Windows Update error 0x8009001D, Provider DLL failed to initialize correctly

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Update error 0x8009001D, Provider DLL failed to initialize correctly: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When installing a Windows Update or a standalone package, if you receive an error saying 0x8009001D, NTE_PROVIDER_DLL_FAIL, Provider DLL failed to initialize correctly, then follow these tips to resolve the error. The error message may further point out that...
  10. initialization failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    initialization failed: hello everyone so when i started my PC he showed me this screen[IMG] then restarted and did that in a loop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/initialization-failed/10e740ab-553d-4214-a0a4-4c49d49ebfac