Windows 10: Printer errors (out of paper, out of ink, door open etc.) not clearing on PC after issue is...

Discus and support Printer errors (out of paper, out of ink, door open etc.) not clearing on PC after issue is... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; We have noticed a recurring issue on some of the Windows 10 machines in our office lately. Essentially what happens is the user will find that they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LewisHammond1, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Printer errors (out of paper, out of ink, door open etc.) not clearing on PC after issue is...

We have noticed a recurring issue on some of the Windows 10 machines in our office lately. Essentially what happens is the user will find that they cannot print as there is a printer error, but the error being given is for something that has been resolved - For example, it could be a no paper error when the paper has been replenished, or a door open error when the doors on the printer have long since been shut. This error will only clear if the PC has been restarted, or if an administrator such as myself either runs the troubleshooter or clears the print files and restarts the print service. This issue is not specific to any particular make or model of printer (we have had this with HP, Samsung and Epson printers thus far) and persists even after the printer driver and relevant software has been reinstalled on the PCs where this issue occurs. I am unsure if this happens every time there is an issue with the printer, though.

:)

LewisHammond1, Nov 12, 2019

2. HP Officejet 6500 Printer,

Installed printer gets error messages: Paper jam- there is no paper jam; ink cartridges bad or missing - ink carriage don come t middle when door lifted. Tried the seven-step fix and nothing works. Is there a simple fix, or repair shop here I come.

WilmerBrewsaugh, Nov 12, 2019
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    My computer installed the latest update on Windows 10. Since when I cannot print as there is a message that the printer is in an error state

Hi,

Printer in error state status means that there may be a problem with the printer itself.

We suggest following the methods on this article that can help resolve the error that you are receiving:

• Make sure the printer is turned on and connected to your PC by Wi-Fi or cable.
    • Check if it's low paper or ink, and be sure that the cover isn't open and the paper isn't jammed.

Furthermore, here is an article that has troubleshooting steps to help resolve the issue.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post your query anytime.

Mayra Aqu, Nov 12, 2019
  4. BulldogXX Win User

Printer errors (out of paper, out of ink, door open etc.) not clearing on PC after issue is...

Open door on printer

Sometimes it only takes a little smudge on a sensor to convince the printer its door is open, or a tiny spec of paper.

People think I'm a genius with photocopiers, but all I do is blow hot air.

What ... did I say something funny?

BulldogXX, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

Printer errors (out of paper, out of ink, door open etc.) not clearing on PC after issue is...

1. Printer errors (out of paper, out of ink, door open etc.) not clearing on PC after issue is... - Similar Threads - Printer errors paper

2. Printer - locked - says out of paper network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer - locked - says out of paper network: Printer - locked - says out of paper network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-locked-says-out-of-paper-network/77f94d40-7685-47b4-8519-23750d666f2b
  3. Printer - locked - says out of paper network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer - locked - says out of paper network: Printer - locked - says out of paper network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-locked-says-out-of-paper-network/77f94d40-7685-47b4-8519-23750d666f2b
  4. Printer out of paper error after alternate Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer out of paper error after alternate Windows 10 updates: Every other W10 update, I get a "printer out of paper" error if I send 2 consecutive jobs networked, in a home back-to-back. But the printer is NOT out of paper, and the second job prints. No error message is displayed on the printer itself. So I ignore the error I had this...
  5. Printer out of paper error after alternate Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer out of paper error after alternate Windows 10 updates: Every other W10 update, I get a "printer out of paper" error if I send 2 consecutive jobs networked, in a home back-to-back. But the printer is NOT out of paper, and the second job prints. No error message is displayed on the printer itself. So I ignore the error I had this...
  6. Printer out of paper error after alternate Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Permanent fix to the "Out of paper but printer does have paper" problem?

Permanent fix to the "Out of paper but printer does have paper" problem?: Referring to: windows 10 says printer out of paper, but the printer has paper and - Microsoft CommunityRestarting the spooler service fixes it, but only temporarily. This issue keeps coming back, and restarting the spooler service every time becomes tedious very quickly...
  8. My printer gives me an error message "the printer is out of paper".

My printer gives me an error message "the printer is out of paper".: My printer gives me an error message "the printer is out of paper". It is not. Will not feed paper; and, it growls like it is missing a driver. Once I got an error message "carriage cannot move" and instructed me to clear the paper path. No paper jam! That message...
  9. my samsung printer says it is out of paper

my samsung printer says it is out of paper: my printer says it is out of paper but it isn't. i just used it and now it wont work. what can I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-samsung-printer-says-it-is-out-of-paper/a5d66616-4314-4e86-81d6-59f4e1b917cf
  10. Printer error: Out of Paper. It is not.

Printer error: Out of Paper. It is not.: Following last W10 update my printer will not print. HP psc 1315 all in one. Tried cleaning spoolers, resetting printer, downloading drivers again although 'best drivers already installed' (as rec by MS), cleared cache. It was fine two days prior to update. Not very...