Windows 10: Printer fails to connect and shows "Driver unavailable"

Discus and support Printer fails to connect and shows "Driver unavailable" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm doing tech support for a friend, I'm trying to help them fix their printer which suddenly went offline. They can still print from their iPhone, so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TechnoSamBelpois, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Printer fails to connect and shows "Driver unavailable"

I'm doing tech support for a friend, I'm trying to help them fix their printer which suddenly went offline. They can still print from their iPhone, so I know the printer and network are in good shape.

Also, I am far away from them, so I was assisting over screen sharing. I don't think that should matter, but just want to be clear.

So here's the problem:

Printer fails to connect and shows "Driver unavailable" 160f3e13-caee-4100-854f-69d22675dd8d?upload=true.png

The printer appears to be connected. I can ping it from a terminal on the computer, so it seems like it's visible on the network just fine. But you can see there in the status that it says "Driver is unavailable". If I try to print something with Microsoft Word, it says that it can't connect to the printer. I have uninstalled and re-installed the drivers several times, through Windows and through HP, and I updated to the most recent version of Windows, but it still has the same problem every time.

The last time I fixed this problem for them, I had to manually add the printer, the network discovery feature wasn't working. However, this manual adding seems to have been removed.

Printer fails to connect and shows "Driver unavailable" 9e152249-61d2-449d-aa45-935d3cd26f8e?upload=true.png

The "Not finding what you're looking for?" button just takes me to a Microsoft support page for connecting Bluetooth devices, which is completely irrelevant.

This support page says there should be a "The printer that I want isn't listed" button, and that matches with my recollection from last time, but it's gone.

I'm concerned that these problems may be related.

Is there any additional steps I can take to try and restore connectivity to the printer?

:)

TechnoSamBelpois, Apr 1, 2020

2. printer driver is unavailable

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with this issue.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• How exactly did you try to download the drivers?
    • Did you try to check if the printer driver's are shown in the device manager?
    Let's try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar and select it.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and device
      troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Step 2: I suggest you to visit the manufacturer website of the printer and download and install the latest drivers and check if it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Apr 1, 2020
  3. EthelJean Win User
    Printer Driver Unavailable

My HP Notebook, running Win10, won't print to my HP DJ3630 printer anymore. Following the instructions from the Get Help tech support, after several other unsuccessful steps, I uninstalled my printer and all drivers & support files. When I went through
    Settings-Devices-Add A Printer, the computer was able to locate and connect to my printer, but then said the Driver is Unavailable. I am so frustrated and tired of the issues with Win10!!! I'd use my HP Pavilion Laptop running Vista, if I could still get ink
    for the printer connected to it!!!

EthelJean, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Printer fails to connect and shows "Driver unavailable"

printer driver unavailable

Hello Chris,

The error that you received might be due to the incompatibility of the driver or the driver has been corrupted. To help you out with your concern, we suggest that you install the driver in compatibility mode and check if the issue persists. You may refer
    to the steps provided by Vinodh_Kumar V on January 16, 2016 which can be found on this
    thread.

Let us know the outcome and if you need further assistance.

Stephanie Sal, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

Printer fails to connect and shows "Driver unavailable"

1. Printer fails to connect and shows "Driver unavailable" - Similar Threads - Printer fails connect

2. Printer Driver Unavailable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Driver Unavailable: Hi Everyone,I am facing an error when I am adding my my Epson Bluetooth Printer TM-m30. The error which is coming - "Driver is unavailable" / Status is unavailable"I have tried the following trouble shooting options - 1 Uninstalling and reinstalling the driver2 Restarting the...
  3. HP Printer. Status shows as “Driver is unavailable”.

HP Printer. Status shows as “Driver is unavailable”.: Hello, thanks for your time and effort. I have a Dell Laptop with Win 10 and am able to install and print to an HP 5740 printer wirelessly. Bought an HP laptop with Win 10 for my child and she can print to the same printer if connected by UBS cable but not wirelessly. The...
  4. printer driver unavailable

printer driver unavailable: I recently purchased an HP project 9010 all in one series printer about two weeks ago. I installed it easily everything was working fine, now suddenly it will not print. It goes from Default error, to drivers unavailable. I have done every "fix" out there. I have...
  5. Printer no longer connecting - driver unavailable

Printer no longer connecting - driver unavailable: Hello, I don't use my HP wireless printer very often. Since one of the recent updates to Windows 10, my printer is now displaying a Driver is unavailable message just under the printer in the Settings > Printers & Scanners section of Control Panel. I've only just noticed...
  6. windows 10 shows printer installed but 'drivers unavailable'

windows 10 shows printer installed but 'drivers unavailable': windows 10 shows printer installed but 'drivers unavailable'. Have downloaded drivers, but no change https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-shows-printer-installed-but-drivers/d26996c9-5bd3-402d-b3ed-48fd27fccb58
  7. Printer Driver Unavailable

Printer Driver Unavailable: My HP Notebook, running Win10, won't print to my HP DJ3630 printer anymore. Following the instructions from the Get Help tech support, after several other unsuccessful steps, I uninstalled my printer and all drivers & support files. When I went through Settings-Devices-Add A...
  8. driver unavailable for printer

driver unavailable for printer: I have exhausted about all options trying to get my wireless printer to work again. On the computer for three hours today. Tech even took remote access and seemed to try every option that he knew. He really tried but without an answer. I am running windows 10, 64 bit on a...
  9. Printer Driver unavailable

Printer Driver unavailable: I have been printing but all of a sudden it doesn't work now. It says Printer driver unavailable. It says everything is updated for my HP56EA60(HP Office Jet 6700) all in one. Thank you v/r Bernadette...
  10. Printer driver unavailable

Printer driver unavailable: Hi, I've been unable to use my printer because the constant message is 'Driver Unavailable'. This is so for both HP and Epson printers so presumably it's a windows problem not a HP/Epson issue. Have done all the normal things: clean uninstall, reinstall, use the HP...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. epson919db3 (xp-440) driver not available