Windows 10: Printer failure

Discus and support Printer failure in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A few weeks ago my Samsung Xpress M2026 laser printer stopped working with my Hp pc All the diagnostics, drivers, cables etc. are in order but nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by brianandmarie, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Printer failure

A few weeks ago my Samsung Xpress M2026 laser printer stopped working with my Hp pc All the diagnostics, drivers, cables etc. are in order but nothing happens after a test page or job is sent and it is not shown in the print queue. The printer is fine with my Hp laptop, both are running Windows 10. The pc prints perfectly well with my canon ink jet. I have deleted and reinstalled all the software. I cannot get any help from Hp who also handle Samsung even though I purchased the printer less than a year ago. Could this result from a Windows update? Is there anything more I can try?

:)

brianandmarie, Jun 6, 2020

2. Printer failure

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

I would suggest you to try with the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Printer Troubleshooter

The built-in Printer Troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues while printing. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if there is any issue
    with the sound. Refer top these steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Troubleshooting and select the
      option on the left pane.
    • Click on Printer troubleshooter and follow the prompts.

Method 2: Run Hardware Troubleshooter
    and see if it helps to resolve the issue. Please follow the below steps.

• Type Troubleshooting
      in the search box and hit enter.

• Click on Troubleshooting
      tab.

• Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

• Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.

• Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.
    Hope this helps. If you face any issues with Windows, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 6, 2020
  3. Printer

Hi Rodrigo,

I am sorry to know that you are having issues with Printer.

What and all steps have you tried so far?

Restart the computer and check.

Also, check for Windows updates.

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jun 6, 2020
  4. Printer failure

Printer

Hi Brenda,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I suggest you to use these steps and check:

• Press Windows/Start key.
    • Type Devices and Printers and then tap or click Devices and Printers.
    • Press and hold or right-click the printer you want to use, and then tap or click
      Set as default printer.
    Let us know if you need more information and we'll be glad to assist.

Navneet Anand, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

Printer failure

1. Printer failure - Similar Threads - Printer failure

2. Windows will not add printer - failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows will not add printer - failure: I recently lost all ability to install a new printer. Even when a printer shows up, it will either fail adding a driver, will install as a scanner [with no printer functions or options], or will say that it can't add a printer in a pop-up. I am also getting print spooler...
  3. Windows will not add printer - failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows will not add printer - failure: I recently lost all ability to install a new printer. Even when a printer shows up, it will either fail adding a driver, will install as a scanner [with no printer functions or options], or will say that it can't add a printer in a pop-up. I am also getting print spooler...
  4. Printer drivers installation failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer drivers installation failure: I have just received an error message 5001:0xfffec6b after downloading and attempting to install driver updates for a Brother printer. Download was made from their support website. Operating System is Windows 8.1 64bit The printer's drivers were uninstalled beforehand,as per...
  5. Printer drivers installation failure

Printer drivers installation failure: I have just received an error message 5001:0xfffec6b after downloading and attempting to install driver updates for a Brother printer. Download was made from their support website. Operating System is Windows 8.1 64bit The printer's drivers were uninstalled beforehand,as per...
  6. Printer Driver Installation Failure - Xerox 235 MFP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer Driver Installation Failure - Xerox 235 MFP: I've been unable to install the print driver for my new Xerox B235 MFP. The driver installation fails with no other information that I can find. I've tried installing from an Administrator account and restarted the computer before every installation attempt. The printer...
  7. Printer Driver Installation Failure - Xerox 235 MFP

Printer Driver Installation Failure - Xerox 235 MFP: I've been unable to install the print driver for my new Xerox B235 MFP. The driver installation fails with no other information that I can find. I've tried installing from an Administrator account and restarted the computer before every installation attempt. The printer...
  8. Printer Driver Installation Failure - Xerox 235 MFP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Canon TS6000 printer failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Canon TS6000 printer failure: Recently 8/18 did a Canon update thru windows update feature. Printed today - lines through words. Did 2 nozzle cleanings and deep cleaning. Changed all inks as they were getting low. Printed test page - now practically nothing prints on test page except the very top - a...
  10. KB4560960 causes DCP-J315W printer failure, KB4567512 doesn't fix it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4560960 causes DCP-J315W printer failure, KB4567512 doesn't fix it: Since update KB4560960, my Brother DCP-J315W all in one doesn't print; what is the solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kb4560960-causes-dcp-j315w-printer-failure/b549af9b-8bef-45a1-ac7e-af90cceecb2c