Windows 10: printer/fax set up for win 10

Discus and support printer/fax set up for win 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How can I set my printer/fax up to my computer? I do not have an external modem. Can I set it up to my cellular phone?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DonaldLydy, Jul 7, 2020.

1. printer/fax set up for win 10

How can I set my printer/fax up to my computer? I do not have an external modem. Can I set it up to my cellular phone?

:)

DonaldLydy, Jul 7, 2020
  2. weybrew Win User

Can't set up Win 10 Fax

I am trying to set up the Windows 10 desktop Fax app and can't for the life of me figure out how to specify the fax modem/server. I have an Epson WorkForce 323 AIO with the fax included and Win 10 has the FAX in the Devices AND PRINTERS. I have tried all the combinations of modem and server and the asst versions of name and my home LAN network address for my Epson and can't find anything that Windows likes. What am I doing wrong? How do I correctly set up this desktop app, please?

weybrew, Jul 7, 2020
  3. weybrew Win User
    Can't set up Win 10 Fax

Thanks again, bro67. My fax needs are so minimal that FaxZero does it for me. Between the Epson built-in and FZ I'm covered. I was just curious when I saw FAX as an installed Win 10 printer. Regards...

weybrew, Jul 7, 2020
  4. LW02 Win User

printer/fax set up for win 10

Setting up WIndows 10 Fax and Scan

I am trying to set up Windows 10 Fax and Scan.

I do not have a modem in my laptop, but my computer is connected via wifi to an HP multi-function printer that has fax capability, and the printer is connected to a phone line. Per the HP software, the fax capabilities have been tested and are working.
    I can fax manually from the printer but I want to be able to fax directly from my computer.

Under printer properties, I have shared the printer.

Under fax and scan, I went to Tools-Fax Accounts-Add

The options are, Connect to a modem and connect to a fax server on my network. I can't seem to connect to my printer either way.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

LW02, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

printer/fax set up for win 10

1. printer/fax set up for win 10 - Similar Threads - printer fax set

2. Win 10 Faxes not sending

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Faxes not sending: Win 10 faxes are not sending. The modem diagnostics are good; the faxes are shown as pending but the modem does not open the phone line and send the faxes.Peter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-faxes-not-sending/d2d43b6b-fdfb-4665-863c-c2e96a0c6154
  3. Win 10 Faxes not sending

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Faxes not sending: Win 10 faxes are not sending. The modem diagnostics are good; the faxes are shown as pending but the modem does not open the phone line and send the faxes.Peter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-faxes-not-sending/d2d43b6b-fdfb-4665-863c-c2e96a0c6154
  4. printer scanner fax

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    printer scanner fax: I'm new here, bare with me, if possible. I have a HP Officejet Pro 8500A. It's obviously not bran new, but I believe in good shape. I've hooked it up, and am getting blank pages coming out of it, when attempting to print. All help is appreciated....
  5. Setting up WIndows 10 Fax and Scan

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Setting up WIndows 10 Fax and Scan: I am trying to set up Windows 10 Fax and Scan. I do not have a modem in my laptop, but my computer is connected via wifi to an HP multi-function printer that has fax capability, and the printer is connected to a phone line. Per the HP software, the fax capabilities have...
  6. Printer not showing up in Win 10 Printers & Scanners

Printer not showing up in Win 10 Printers & Scanners: After reinstalling printer driver for Epson printer, the printer is not visible in Settings. Have a new Lenovo ThinkCenter Mini 64-bit processor. Windows 10 Pro Version 1809 Build 17763.864 Epson WorkForce WF-2630 printer (connected by USB) 1) Downloaded Drivers and...
  7. Windows 10 Fax and Scan Set Up

Windows 10 Fax and Scan Set Up: I am trying to set up to send and receive fax directly from my computer, however, windows fax and scan keeps saying there is no account configured. I have used this software a few years ago with Windows 7 without complication, but I just can't seem to get this one going....
  8. Win 10 changes printer settings if not a default printer

Win 10 changes printer settings if not a default printer: I work in a large business where there are a mix of Windows 10 and Windows 7. With Windows 7, we can have our label printer and an HP LaserJet connected to one PC with updated drivers, driver settings to use printer settings, and correct printer settings for each application....
  9. fax set up

fax set up: I'm trying to set up the fax on hp Officejet pro 8600. It's asking for fax number. where do I find it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/fax-set-up/846ba258-6cda-4c5e-9cbe-2ceb0078385d
  10. Can't set up Win 10 Fax

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't set up Win 10 Fax: I am trying to set up the Windows 10 desktop Fax app and can't for the life of me figure out how to specify the fax modem/server. I have an Epson WorkForce 323 AIO with the fax included and Win 10 has the FAX in the Devices AND PRINTERS. I have tried all the combinations of...