Windows 10: printer gets no data from computer when trying to print email. prints everything else ok....

Discus and support printer gets no data from computer when trying to print email. prints everything else ok.... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; printer gets no data from computer when trying to print email. everything else prints ok... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ROBERT DARLENE SUMPTER, Jan 20, 2021.

1. printer gets no data from computer when trying to print email. prints everything else ok....

printer gets no data from computer when trying to print email. everything else prints ok

:)

ROBERT DARLENE SUMPTER, Jan 20, 2021

2. Error - Printing on Network printer

We have 4 printers on our Windows print server. The server was migrated from win2k3 to 2k8 on friday. 3/4 printers are working great, the other is having issues. When trying to print a test page to it, it gets a job status of Error - Printing.

When sending a small word document to it, it sends it to the printer, the queue is empty but nothing prints. If I goto the printer itself, it doesnt show any errors and I can print things such as information sheets and diagnostic files just fine.

All four printers are the same model, all 4 have a static IP. I can ping the printer successfully. I've tried printing from both an XP machine and the print server itself. I tried removing and adding the printer on the print server. And lastly, uunplugged the printer for 30 seconds, plugged it back in.

Any ideas?

Hybrid_theory, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Jan123 Win User
    Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Jan 20, 2021
  4. kgreene Win User

printer gets no data from computer when trying to print email. prints everything else ok....

vista printing

ok I just got done setting up my new network and i have a laptop with windows vista on it and a sever with windows sever 2003 on it. I have two printers hooked up to my sever a HP Laser Jet 6L and a HP Photosmart C3180 all in one printer when i try to print from my laptop its very slow sometimes office 2007 fezzes when i print from my gameing rig (which is xp home btw) every thing that i print from it is fast. any suggestions?

kgreene, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

printer gets no data from computer when trying to print email. prints everything else ok....

1. printer gets no data from computer when trying to print email. prints everything else ok.... - Similar Threads - printer gets data

2. Printer is not copying but otherwise printing is ok.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer is not copying but otherwise printing is ok.: Printer is not copying but otherwise printing is ok https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-is-not-copying-but-otherwise-printing-is/e4ccf4fb-2775-4aeb-ac37-dee5fdd7e717
  3. Printer is not copying but otherwise printing is ok.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer is not copying but otherwise printing is ok.: Printer is not copying but otherwise printing is ok https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-is-not-copying-but-otherwise-printing-is/e4ccf4fb-2775-4aeb-ac37-dee5fdd7e717
  4. Print Screen on Computer, then when printing 'Print Screen' from the computer to the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print Screen on Computer, then when printing 'Print Screen' from the computer to the...: After using "Print Screen" on the Computer, then printing what was saved from "Print Screen", does not fully print what was saved. What's Up?...
  5. Print Screen on Computer, then when printing 'Print Screen' from the computer to the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print Screen on Computer, then when printing 'Print Screen' from the computer to the...: After using "Print Screen" on the Computer, then printing what was saved from "Print Screen", does not fully print what was saved. What's Up?...
  6. Print Screen on Computer, then when printing 'Print Screen' from the computer to the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. printer won't print from computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    printer won't print from computer: What do I do with Device SWD\PRINTENUM\WSD-5d9595d2-7c67-4b30-9d46-1988da14e24f REQUIRES FURTHER INSTALLATION on my Brother MFC-495CW printer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-wont-print-from-computer/a985b203-a755-4b20-a246-679cbb5be597
  8. printer printing in magenta only? Downloads to printer are ok-prints black as it should.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    printer printing in magenta only? Downloads to printer are ok-prints black as it should.: How can I fix my printer from printing in magenta only/ Downloads to printer prints black, however, magenta replaces the blue color. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-printing-in-magenta-only-downloads-to/aaf33dfd-0a52-464a-8450-4f2524cf7943"
  9. my printer is not printing from the computer

my printer is not printing from the computer: Hi my printer can print copies but will not print directly from my computer? Tried all of the suggestions you had listed but it still is not printing unless I want a copy? HELP! Theresa Gelchie...
  10. Cannot print photos but can print everything else.

Cannot print photos but can print everything else.: Using HP Photosmart C4600 printer/OEM Windows 10/ Windows Photo Viewer. When I try to print a photo I get the error message: "Windows can't find this picture". 45998