Windows 10: printer hanging after win 10 upgrade

Discus and support printer hanging after win 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Just upgraded to windows 10. When I print to a laser printer in an application, the printer prints fine but afterwards, the circle of death remains and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ponycarp51, Aug 23, 2016.

1. printer hanging after win 10 upgrade

Just upgraded to windows 10. When I print to a laser printer in an application, the printer prints fine but afterwards, the circle of death remains and my screen is hung it doesnt return control to user. I have to close/restart my app. The app worked perfectly before Win 10. It is a remote server ASP application if that matters.
    I reinstalled drivers, what else could it be?? Thanks!

:)

ponycarp51, Aug 23, 2016

2. Can't print in Windows 10

Original title: Windows 10

After upgrading to W-10, from W-8.1, whenever I give a print command, the printer hangs, Word doc(2007) does not start and in Control Panel, Devices & Printers command does not respond/hangs. After a lot of hits & misses, some sanity is restored.

DilipRai_900, Aug 23, 2016
  3. griff984 Win User
    Windows 10 is no longer sees my printer after upgrade from 7 to 10

After a successful upgrade from win7 to windows 10 , 10 has seen my printer and it has printed, but now doesn't print? the printer shows to be installed yet print jobs hang , it says that the printer needs to be reinstalled and I'm a little lost any suggestions????

griff984, Aug 23, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

printer hanging after win 10 upgrade

What's the application? I found an older thread that dealt with this same issue for a POS program that the author wrote himself. Turns out timeout was set too long, and the application never returned control to the PC. Take a look and see if this might be relevant.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Aug 23, 2016
  5. thanks,... thats exactly what this is, a point of sale pgm thru an ASP system. Printer does the same thing in 3 other applic. programs on the same system so its not application-specific.

ponycarp51, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

printer hanging after win 10 upgrade

1. printer hanging after win 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - printer hanging upgrade

2. HP Printer Issues After Win 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Printer Issues After Win 10 Upgrade: Just had Dell upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. Before, HP 7155 printer worked fine, now NOTHING. You can hear it getting print command, then it fizzles out. Is it driver issue? WIFI, Network? HP Forum and I have tried "everything!" Thx....
  3. Win 10 Pro - Upgrade - Printer Error

Win 10 Pro - Upgrade - Printer Error: After upgrading to Win 10 Pro from Win 7 Pro, I have this issue - All devices and programs work except for a Epson LQ-590 dot matrix printer. The printer is not auto-detected but I can manually install the printer. However Printers/Scanners shows the printer name but...
  4. Win 10 Pro - hanging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Pro - hanging: What is the next step... I've updated/clean/deleted virus detection it still hangs up... any suggestions please... Thanks Ed The program EmbroideryWarePC.exe version 3.4.1.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is...
  5. No printer driver after upgrade to Win V1903

No printer driver after upgrade to Win V1903: Win 10 v1903 (upgrade 3 days ago). Wireless printer HP ENVY Photo 6255. I have 3 PCs - two have been on v1903 for quite awhile and the wireless printer works fine from those PCs. Those PCs were already on v1903 when this new printer was added to the network. The wireless...
  6. Printer problems after upgrading to Win 10 1903

Printer problems after upgrading to Win 10 1903: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 1903. Appeared to go ok, until I wanted to use my printer, a Brother MFC-J5330DW. It would not function, even though the device preferences and settings could be seen and it was flagged as the default printer in the Windows settings. Any...
  7. Upgraded Win 10 Computer constantly hangs on boot.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Upgraded Win 10 Computer constantly hangs on boot.: I upgraded my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10 recently. About 90% of boots, my laptop will hang a and produce a BSOD. Initially, the BSODs were typically "system thread exception not handled" and "pfn list corrupt". A restart would solve the issue. However, after the...
  8. Printer not working after Win 10 upgrade plus malware removal

Printer not working after Win 10 upgrade plus malware removal: Hello, I've just about given up trying to fix this and am ready to reinstall the OS, but maybe someone here knows what's wrong and how to fix it. The computer was upgraded to Windows 10 and had some minor malware that was removed. After the clean up the printer no longer...
  9. MSMedia Creation tool hangs after successful upgrade of Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MSMedia Creation tool hangs after successful upgrade of Win 10: Upgrade went OK, went back a few days later to download the ISO, ran media creation tool and made all my chorces, english,win 10 pro,x64 bit, selected iso and place to save file. then blue screen comes up and programs states, "getting a few things ready" and that's it,...
  10. Win 10 Upgrade Hang – Four Days and Counting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Upgrade Hang – Four Days and Counting: I’m not sure how it happened, but my Windows 7 laptop started doing an upgrade to Win 10 four days ago, and it still seems to be in the process. The hard drive light periodically flashes. Control/Alt/Delete does nothing. When I power down and try to power back up into safe...