Windows 10: Printer installation fails, error 5

Discus and support Printer installation fails, error 5 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had some power issues with my PC and removed it fro checking and after that the printer wasn't working so I went to re-install the printer but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Stephen Walsh stephen, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Printer installation fails, error 5

I had some power issues with my PC and removed it fro checking and after that the printer wasn't working so I went to re-install the printer but it fails every time with same error

Printer installation fails, error 5 6c5e2b56-e162-4619-8d11-f9af555a5f78?upload=true.png

It installs the Multi-function device as a scanner only and I can't update the driver.
    I have removed the device multiple times, re-started the computer multiple times and still nothing works for this.
    I am logged on as an administrator and have never had this problem before.

:)

Stephen Walsh stephen, Feb 14, 2020
  2. chideock Win User

KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Feb 14, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Can't share printer—getting error message

Step 1: Go to store.
    Step 2: Buy a less shitty printer.
    Step 3: Pick up some beer while you are there.
    Step 4: Enjoy both your new printer and your beer.

In all seriousness, I have had more issues with Lexmark printers and their shitty drivers then any other manufacturer, HP is a close second though.

However, if you don't want to get a new printer*Laugh :laugh:, and I can understand that, when my Lexmark was giving me the same troubles in Win7(and Vista) I had to make sure the Windows firewall was ON and the firewall service was enabled and running. After I shared it I could re-disable the firewall and firewall services.

newtekie1, Feb 14, 2020
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

Printer installation fails, error 5

Can't share printer—getting error message

Not working... I see the printer, but when I go to add it, I get this messge: "Windows could not connect to the printer (error 0x0000000d)."

I installed the 32-bit drivers for it and printed something out from the pc the printer is connected to, and I went to the additional drivers page and added drivers for 64-bit, and when I went to add the printer on the other machine, it copied drivers over, but after that I got the error message listed above...

Thema:

Printer installation fails, error 5

1. Printer installation fails, error 5 - Similar Threads - Printer installation fails

2. I was installing .NET 5 and it kept saying Setup Failed. The error is "0x80070659 - The...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I was installing .NET 5 and it kept saying Setup Failed. The error is "0x80070659 - The...: I was installing .NET 5 and it kept saying Setup Failed. The error is "0x80070659 - The installation is forbidden by system policy. Contact your system administrator". How can I solve that problem? Installing .NET 6 and .NET 7 works completely fine. The logs in the log file...
  3. Failed to install on ‎5/‎6/‎2021 - 0x8007045b 5/6/2021

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failed to install on ‎5/‎6/‎2021 - 0x8007045b 5/6/2021: Hi guys today I checked for Microsoft update but suddenly an error occurred which is 0x8007045b 5/6/2021. Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus. Anyone with the same issue like me? Thank you for replies....
  4. Trying to install Gears 5 but failing to install "Gaming Service"

Trying to install Gears 5 but failing to install "Gaming Service": First off, i find this problem unacceptable, this shouldn't be happening in the first place and as a HUGE company Microsoft should have had this already under wraps. The reason im so critical is because they advertise crossplateform games but this seems to be a common issue....
  5. resident evil 5 install failed

resident evil 5 install failed: i recently downloaded resident evil 5 and i tried to play it today and when i opened it, it took me to games for windows marketplace and under that it says intall failed it also says network fail but i have 34 mps i just want help to play....
  6. Error 5 installing or uninstalling printer

Error 5 installing or uninstalling printer: My printer suddenly stopped working from my computer but it works fine from other computers. In Devices and printers the printer shows but if you click on it it says driver unavailable. When trying to install the driver or uninstall the printer software I get this error 5...
  7. HP printer failed to install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP printer failed to install: printer driver failed to install because HP is not a member of the Administrators group. c\\Windows\System32\Driverstore\filerepository\hpwia_en7640.inf_c530c8df0\hpwia_en7640.inf...
  8. Brother Printer Install Failing

Brother Printer Install Failing: Good Morning Friends! :) I am trying to install a Brother 6200 on my Win 10 laptop, and getting a failure that I'm not sure how to resolve. I run the installer and then it quickly says "File or directory corrupted and unreadable." Which directory is it probably looking at...
  9. GTA 5 installation decompression failed with error code -11

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    GTA 5 installation decompression failed with error code -11: I wasn't able to install my gta 5 n was getting a decompression error code-11 And after clicking the finish button i get the error code 2 notification and written that some files are missing... Help me out finding which file is Missing.... Please help me out with...
  10. Epson L382 Printer Installation Fails

Epson L382 Printer Installation Fails: Hi , I am running windows 10 Home edition - 64 bit. I have Epson L382 USB Printer and which was working earlier. Lasts week I have re image the windows and now I canot install the driver any more. When I connect printer in any USB port, it shows under Devices and...