Windows 10: Printer Installation Problem

Discus and support Printer Installation Problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I cannot get an HP1320 HCL5 Laser Printer to print on a new Dell Inspiron 3880 running Windows v10.0.19042. Install seems to go fine. I get messaged... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TomCassidy3, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Printer Installation Problem

I cannot get an HP1320 HCL5 Laser Printer to print on a new Dell Inspiron 3880 running Windows v10.0.19042. Install seems to go fine. I get messaged that the printer is working properly, but when I try to print test page or a test document, I am messaged that there is a problem with printer installation. Very frustrating.... I see that others are having similar issues with HP printers. I've tried many of the suggested solutions, but without satisfaction. Help!

:)

TomCassidy3, Mar 16, 2021

2. wirless printer problems

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix printer problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...10&v1h=win8tab1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1

Method 2: Install the drivers in Compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to install the latest available drivers on manufacturer's website in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.
    • Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.
    • Select “Compatibility” Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 16, 2021
  3. Firebeast Win User
    Mac OSX USB printer problem

OK i just bought the Canon IP4500 usb printer and installed it on the mac following hte instructions to the letter.

No printer is found and i cannot add it in the Printer list, cause theres no option for USB printer installation, only Appletalk, Bluetooth, and Windows Printing.

I have downloaded the latest drivers etc... but no luck *Bang Head :banghead:

As it is i dont like macs but now with a simple thing as this i dislike them even more.

Last resort is trying installing the printer on a Vista pc and see if it works, if it does then the mac is up to shit, if it does not install then the printer is up to shit.

Anyone had a similar problem maybe and how did you overcome it?

Firebeast, Mar 16, 2021
  4. Printer Installation Problem

printer problems

Hi Rosemary,

For us to isolate your concern with printing, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • Have you tried the printer troubleshooter?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue?

For additional troubleshooting steps for your printer issue, we suggest that you check and follow the instructions in this
    link.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

Printer Installation Problem

1. Printer Installation Problem - Similar Threads - Printer Installation Problem

2. Problem installing Windows 10 update for a printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem installing Windows 10 update for a printer: While installing following update, HP - Printer - 31.1.2001.9295; it failed to install with following message 0x800f020b. Additional message is Problem with BITS service : The requested service has already been started. System.Management.Automation.RemoteException More help...
  3. Problem installing Windows 10 update for a printer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem installing Windows 10 update for a printer: While installing following update, HP - Printer - 31.1.2001.9295; it failed to install with following message 0x800f020b. Additional message is Problem with BITS service : The requested service has already been started. System.Management.Automation.RemoteException More help...
  4. Problem in installing printer driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem in installing printer driver: HiI have a problem in installing my printer program after I click on it will start extracting and nothing happening after it.I tried everything and nothing happened...
  5. Problems manual installing a printer

Problems manual installing a printer: I want to install a P1102w printer without all the HP crapware. I go to - Device & printers - Add new printer Windows doesn't detect it, I go manual install and select the drivers folder, it install properly apparently, but then when I want to print something it says...
  6. PRINTER RE-INSTALLATION PROBLEM

PRINTER RE-INSTALLATION PROBLEM: Good day, I am problem re-installing my printer after windows 10 home activation. The printer was working fine before but, after the activation I couldn't get it back onto the PC. The printer name is HP LASERJET P1102 with Serial Number: VNC6T43129 Black & White. Any...
  7. No printers installed - spooler dependency problem

No printers installed - spooler dependency problem: This afternoon, all apps were unable to print, and the print dialog says no printers installed. This morning, printing worked ok. The same problem is with all apps; Word, Excel, Chrome, pdf reader, etc. In Windows Settings, it still shows the printers that were previously...
  8. printer installed to windows 10 no problem

printer installed to windows 10 no problem: only seems to print in colour not black and white? HP ENVY 4502 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-installed-to-windows-10-no-problem/9987832f-6d06-49db-8568-17cf0220228c
  9. Printer driver installing problem

Printer driver installing problem: I'm trying to install Sharp AR-206 network printer. Driver will be found from Windows Update, but Windows won't install it . I just get notice "Printer driver not installed". [ATTACH] With my other computers (also Win10Pro) I don't have this problem. Is there any way to...
  10. Problem Installing Epson Easy Photo Printer

Problem Installing Epson Easy Photo Printer: I have an HP Pavilion 500 Desktop PC which is now running Windows 10 Anniversary Update. I am trying to Install Epson Easy Photo printer (for Epson Expression XP-620). I am being blocked from doing so from either the installation cd that came with the printer or from a...