Windows 10: printer is in an error state. will not print

Discus and support printer is in an error state. will not print in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; printer is in an error state. will not print... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Christinel17, May 23, 2020.

1. printer is in an error state. will not print

printer is in an error state. will not print

:)

Christinel17, May 23, 2020

2. Error - Printing on Network printer

We have 4 printers on our Windows print server. The server was migrated from win2k3 to 2k8 on friday. 3/4 printers are working great, the other is having issues. When trying to print a test page to it, it gets a job status of Error - Printing.

When sending a small word document to it, it sends it to the printer, the queue is empty but nothing prints. If I goto the printer itself, it doesnt show any errors and I can print things such as information sheets and diagnostic files just fine.

All four printers are the same model, all 4 have a static IP. I can ping the printer successfully. I've tried printing from both an XP machine and the print server itself. I tried removing and adding the printer on the print server. And lastly, uunplugged the printer for 30 seconds, plugged it back in.

Any ideas?

Hybrid_theory, May 23, 2020
  3. Error - Printing on Network printer

There is. Unfortunately the status doesnt showing anything. But I didnt know about this page. I tried printing a document from this page and it gave me a bit more of an error. Print service not responding.

Hybrid_theory, May 23, 2020
  4. printer is in an error state. will not print

printer in error state

after doing a reset, windows 10, keep my files, my 2 printers are in error state. can't get them to print. both are listed, items in Q won't print, that's when I get error message

francisnicholas_256, May 23, 2020
Thema:

printer is in an error state. will not print

1. printer is in an error state. will not print - Similar Threads - printer error state

2. my printer is in error state and i can't print

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my printer is in error state and i can't print: i have a canon MF720C series UFRII LT. I couldn't print & kept getting offline messages so i uninstalled & reinstalled. now i get message saying my printer is in 'error state'...
  3. my printer is in error state and i can't print

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my printer is in error state and i can't print: i have a canon MF720C series UFRII LT. I couldn't print & kept getting offline messages so i uninstalled & reinstalled. now i get message saying my printer is in 'error state'...
  4. my printer is in error state and i can't print

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. printer in error state

printer in error state: I have Windows 10 home installed and up to date. It tells me as of this afternoon. I also have a Brothers MFC795C printer attached to USB port that has worked for years. As of a recent Microsoft update it stopped working print wise. I can scan with this this device and set...
  6. Printer in Error State

Printer in Error State: Product: HP OfficeJet 5255 Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit I cannot print from my desktop. Laptop and Apple devices all print normal to the printer. I have the printer hooked up to my wifi, use the HP Smart app. I have tried hooking it up with the usb cable no...
  7. printer in Error State

printer in Error State: My C4600 HP printer is showing message "printer is in error state" when I try to print a document from my laptop. I've tried a few things but nothing successful do far....
  8. Epson Printer in Error State

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Epson Printer in Error State: I recently (August 19th, 2019) updated to Windows 10, 1903, and now my Epson Stylus Photo RX600 printer will not work. I've tried all the tricks and tips including uninstalling and installing, stopping and starting the print spooler, and contacting Epson with no results....
  9. Samsung printer in error state

Samsung printer in error state: Hello, please advise how to reconnect printer Samsung M2026W. Message on computer screen says "printer is in error state". This is a Wi-Fi connection. Would connecting by cable help? Thank you...
  10. Printer in error state

Printer in error state: When I attempt to print documents from my Windows 10 PC the message 'This printer is in an error state' appears. I have run the diagnostic trouble shooter many times which tells me the problem cannot be identified or that it has been fixed! However when I send documents to...