Windows 10: printer is not printing in color

Discus and support printer is not printing in color in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My printer is not printing photos in color anymore. There used to be an icon giving me the option for color or black and white. I admit I havn`t used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KathyNelson5, Aug 9, 2019.

1. printer is not printing in color

My printer is not printing photos in color anymore. There used to be an icon giving me the option for color or black and white. I admit I havn`t used my printer to print photos in months but this is a new one on me.

:)

KathyNelson5, Aug 9, 2019

2. access color printing options for printer

Hello Frank,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that the images printed in Windows are in black and white format.

To be able to assist you better, let us know if you are able to print documents in other formats in color format.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to open the Print dialog box in Windows to access the settings for color profiles used in printer.

• Use the keyboard shortcuts Windows Logo + R to open the Run Command Dialog box
    • Type in the command: shellprinter is not printing in color :printersFolder
    • Right-clicking on the printer and open the printer preferences, where you can choose options such as paper size and layout.

• Select Print color which gives you options for Color or black-and-white (grayscale) prints.

Write to us with the updated information. If you need further assistance, we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 9, 2019
  3. Printer will not print color

Hi Jim,

For us to properly isolate your concern in printing, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial resolution, we suggest that you run the printer troubleshooter. This is an automated tool that can
    find and automatically fix some issues with your PC.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Aug 9, 2019
  4. Jan123 Win User

printer is not printing in color

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

printer is not printing in color

1. printer is not printing in color - Similar Threads - printer printing color

2. HP printer won't print color

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP printer won't print color: My new-ish HP printer worked fine at first, then stopped printing color. Ink levels are fine and color copies are fine. I can't figure out what more to adjust in settings....
  3. HP Printer No Longer Prints Color

HP Printer No Longer Prints Color: Dear Internet: Please read what I've attempted before you suggest I do the exact same thing. I have an HP 5540 Envy on wifi. When I try to print from my Win10 machine, it will not show me options for Color or for Automatic Duplexing. (Under Settings=>Printer Properties,...
  4. Printer Won't print black, but prints color

Printer Won't print black, but prints color: I reinstalled my printer HP Envy 4520. It prints, but the black ink isn't working. I checked the cartridge and it is full. Test papers print, but nothing....
  5. Printer prints only in color

Printer prints only in color: My printer Epson WF3640 started printing only in color. Please help me to set default to black option. I cannot change the preferences in settings, I tried https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-prints-only-in-color/947fa66a-c670-4594-8667-731a7eecfb0e
  6. printer wont print in color

printer wont print in color: I have a HP Envy 7640 printer that copies great in color but when I try to send pictures or print anything in color from my computer it all is in black and white. Hsow can I correct this?...
  7. Printer not printing in color

Printer not printing in color: My Epson WF-3620 has been working perfectly until a week or so ago, whenever I print something with color in it, it only prints black. My ink cartridges are full, have checked my printer settings, etc. Also went to maintenance on the printer and did the print head nozzle...
  8. HP CP2025 Printer will not print color.

HP CP2025 Printer will not print color.: Printer works well with Mac-prints color. Will not print in color from Windows PC. ?????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-cp2025-printer-will-not-print-color/617d2369-bcf8-45e3-9803-b0fca23af274
  9. HP 6830 printer not printing colors

HP 6830 printer not printing colors: Why is my HP 6830 printer not printing colors? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/hp-6830-printer-not-printing-colors/05dda613-c4d3-456e-a5cb-a5dc66f71ff0
  10. can't get my printer to print in color

can't get my printer to print in color: just put in a new color cartridge, low on black ink but pages are still coming out in black and white. own a hp printer w/Dell (windows 10) have looked at printing preferences and don't see a color option. please help thank you much...