Windows 10: Printer is not shown in WiFi install

Discus and support Printer is not shown in WiFi install in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Brother HL-2280DW printer that I've been using with my Windows 10 computer and home WiFi network for years. Recently the printer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MrJim52, Mar 11, 2021.

1. MrJim52 Win User

Printer is not shown in WiFi install

Hello,

I have a Brother HL-2280DW printer that I've been using with my Windows 10 computer and home WiFi network for years. Recently the printer stopped waking up when I sent a doc to print. In order to get it to print, I had to turn the printer off and then on again. I thought maybe a reinstall of the printer software might help, so I deleted the printer from Devices and Printers.

I've tried to reinstall it, but when I get to the wizard panel where the printer should be listed, there is no printer. The printer install recognizes my WiFi router, though. I originally installed the printer software on this computer in years ago, and don't remember having any problem getting it to work at that time. I've tried disabling the Windows firewall, but it makes no difference when I try to install the printer; it is not found on the network.

I have another Windows 10 computer that I can still use to print a doc using the WiFi, so I assume the printer is connected correctly.

My computer has the latest Windows 10 updates.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

:)

MrJim52, Mar 11, 2021
  2. LemP Win User

Printer installation

Although the HP support forum is a good place to ask this question, I have some doubt whether you'll actually get a useful answer. As far as I can see, the main suggestion there is to completely uninstall and reinstall the HP printer software. That may
    or may not work. I didn't notice any positive responses to such suggestions.

If you're willing to take a few more diagnostic steps, perhaps I can suggest something.

How do you want to connect the printer to your computer: USB or wi-fi?

At this point, is anything related to this printer installed? For example:

• Click Start, type Programs and Features into the Search box, and press Enter. If there are any HP-related programs listed here, what are they?
    • Open Devices and Printers. If there are any HP devices shown here, please list them.
    • Still in Devices and Printers, select (click once) any item in the "Printers and Faxes" section. Now click the link at the top for "Print Server Properties." Select the "Drivers" tab. If there are any HP-related items shown here, please list them.
    • Select the "Ports" tab and scroll down past the LPT and COM ports until you get to FILE: . Please list any ports that appear after FILE:
    • Make sure that your OfficeJet 6962 is powered on. Click Start, type Fax and Scan in the Search box, and Press Enter. Click the "Scan" button at the lower left. Click "Tools" in the menu bar and then click either "Scan routing" or "Scan settings." Was
      the scanner selected or not?

3. Canon printer wifi trouble

Hey,

I installed my canon pixma mg3210 with the newest driver and I choose wifi connection.

Eveyrthing works fine until I turn off the printer then my laptop doesn't detect the printer anymore.
    Basically, the printer is offline.

DarkWhisper, Mar 11, 2021
  4. Printer is not shown in WiFi install

Canon printer wifi trouble

Set a static IP on the printer else each time it switches off and on may get different ip which may not function correctly
    Try
    Delete the Printer after setting static ip

Devices and printer
    >add printer
    >>Add local printer (not network even though on wifi)
    >>>Create new port - click standard Tcp/Ip
    >>>>enter ip address of printer that set before and any port name
    Select the printer driver from list

Try a test print to see if working then switch off and on and see if come back online

*66725-afb6e8cc8e67e4bb805a02c99165c983.jpg*

*66726-229a91b0c79f6b4bc0c7c78a49560e3f.jpg*
    *66727-318c2547253e90800c3d464fca382dbe.jpg*

If still stays offline ,Open printer in Devices and printer
    Click printer
    untick use offline
    turn printer off and On
    *66728-2b757782bdfeb90ce43b66b06f017701.jpg*

See if comes back online

Network Printer can either be set by Ip address or Printer network name
    Static ip always the best to set

SnakeDoctor, Mar 11, 2021
Thema:

Printer is not shown in WiFi install

1. Printer is not shown in WiFi install - Similar Threads - Printer shown WiFi

2. Printer is not shown in wifi install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer is not shown in wifi install: I have a wifi printer connected to my laptop and suddenly stops working. I decided go reinstall it to see if it works. However, when I trired reinstalling it my printer is no longer detected but wifi recognize my router. I checked my other laptop where my printer is still...
  3. Printer is not shown in wifi install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer is not shown in wifi install: I have a wifi printer connected to my laptop and suddenly stops working. I decided go reinstall it to see if it works. However, when I trired reinstalling it my printer is no longer detected but wifi recognize my router. I checked my other laptop where my printer is still...
  4. Printer is not shown in wifi install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. install wifi printer

install wifi printer: cannot instal Brother printer via wifi. ok via USB how to install as wifi after router changed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-wifi-printer/e9ca0d40-11b4-468c-ba55-938395ccfe9f
  6. Wifi connection not shown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wifi connection not shown: hello there, I brought a new laptop last month and since last 10-15 days I am seeing, whenever I am trying to connect my laptop to my mobile hotspot, the connection isn't shown quickly. I have to switch off and on wifi at least once so that my hotspot appears on my laptop....
  7. Wifi networks not being shown

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi networks not being shown: I am unable to see the list of network and when I click on taskbar network setting button it does not respond. When i right click on the icon and open network and internet settings and then try to click show available networks click doesnt work.what is the issue ? I have...
  8. printer is shown in printer when prinitn but not in printers & scanners

printer is shown in printer when prinitn but not in printers & scanners: I have a strange situation where two printers are shown in the printer when printing but not in printers & scanners devices see picture. [ATTACH] This makes me not able to add these printers again. any help how to solve this issue thanks...
  9. Some WiFi networks not shown

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Some WiFi networks not shown: I have a dual band router. My laptop detects the 5Ghz band but does not detect the 2.4Ghz band. Other devices (android) do detect both bands. I'm looking for a solution to this problem. Thanks in advance....
  10. Brother printer wiFi installation

Brother printer wiFi installation: Cannot get my subject printer to operate on Windows 10. Model printer I HL-L2350DW which always remains "off-line". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-printer-wifi-installation/c1fd0258-a339-463b-a35b-5e8c11be0ca5