Discus and support Printer is offline in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Printer is offline??????? Help!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-is-offline/c7f21be0-347d-4a4d-bb69-c985145b5ce3 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Caroline Whisonant, Feb 7, 2023.

Printer is offline??????? Help!!!!

:)

Caroline Whisonant, Feb 7, 2023
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

HP Printer shows Offline

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that your HP printer is offline. I’ll certainly assist you with this.

However, please let us know:

I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the HP article
    HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows) and see if that helps.

You may also want to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article
    Troubleshooting offline printer problems and
    Change a printer’s status from “offline” to “online”.

Let us know how it goes, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 7, 2023
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Printer offline

Hi there,

Could you please help me with the below question:

• Did you make any changes to the computer before this issue started?

Printer will continually switch itself to offline mode due to an IP port issue. To keep the printer from switching to offline mode, you must validate the printer's IP address.

Meanwhile, please follow the troubleshooting steps as mentioned below:

Steps:

1. Press Windows andR
      key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type Control and hit enter.
    3. Click on Hardware and sound> click on Devices and printers.
    4. Select the HP Printer 2540, right click on it.
    5. Uncheck the option use printer offline and select
      properties.
    6. Go to the Ports tab at the top of the pop-up window.
    7. Click on "Configure Port"
    8. Check that the "Printer Name or IP address:" box is the same as the IP of your printer.

You can also refer this link for more information
    about Printer issues.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Feb 7, 2023
  4. Zaki_j Win User

Printer keeps going offline when windows 10 updates

Hi Graham,

I understand that your printer shows offline.

• When you say “Printer keeps going offline when windows 10 updates” do you mean that the printer goes offline after installing updates?

I suggest you to follow the below given methods and see if that helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you try
    changing the printer’s status from “offline” to “online”
    and check if it resolves the issue.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I would have you download and run the HP Scan doctor from the manufacturers website. Refer to the article and follow the suggestion on
    Resolving Printer Offline problem using the HP Print and Scan Doctor.

Method 3:

If the issue persists, I suggest you refer to the article
    Troubleshooting offline printer problems
    and perform the troubleshooting steps mentioned and see if that helps.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Zaki

Zaki_j, Feb 7, 2023
Thema:

1. Printer is offline - Similar Threads - Printer offline

2. Printer keeps going offline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer keeps going offline: i have 2 Brother printers on a wireless connection that keep going offline. To get them back on, I unplug & replug them. For one of them, I have to do that two or three times to get it working again. I uninstalled & reinstalled the driver a couple of times already & my router...
  3. Printer keeps going offline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer keeps going offline: i have 2 Brother printers on a wireless connection that keep going offline. To get them back on, I unplug & replug them. For one of them, I have to do that two or three times to get it working again. I uninstalled & reinstalled the driver a couple of times already & my router...
  4. All Printers, Including Print to PDF intermittently offline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Printers, Including Print to PDF intermittently offline: Windows 11 64-Bit. All of the printers will intermittently go offline. This includes the software printers ie Microsoft's Print to PDF, Print to XPS, Adobe Print to PDF and hardware printers HP OfficeJet. If I go in and check the printers communication is restored after a few...
  5. All Printers, Including Print to PDF intermittently offline

All Printers, Including Print to PDF intermittently offline: Windows 11 64-Bit. All of the printers will intermittently go offline. This includes the software printers ie Microsoft's Print to PDF, Print to XPS, Adobe Print to PDF and hardware printers HP OfficeJet. If I go in and check the printers communication is restored after a few...
  6. Printer Offline - need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer Offline - need help: Need helpThe printer offline is not responsive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-offline-need-help/c0f823d9-d414-4842-884f-66e436f071f2
  7. Printer Offline - need help

Printer Offline - need help: Need helpThe printer offline is not responsive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-offline-need-help/c0f823d9-d414-4842-884f-66e436f071f2
  8. Printer Offline - need help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. I need help to fix printer offline for windows 11 issue. I'm unable to print documents,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help to fix printer offline for windows 11 issue. I'm unable to print documents,...: I need help to fix printer offline for windows 11 issue. I'm unable to print documents or scan or fax as well, and this is the second time. HP Officejet Pro 6970 PCL-3.. please help....
  10. I need help to fix printer offline for windows 11 issue. I'm unable to print documents,...

I need help to fix printer offline for windows 11 issue. I'm unable to print documents,...: I need help to fix printer offline for windows 11 issue. I'm unable to print documents or scan or fax as well, and this is the second time. HP Officejet Pro 6970 PCL-3.. please help....