Windows 10: Printer is on and will print, but cannot be connected to the Windows 10 network to print...

Discus and support Printer is on and will print, but cannot be connected to the Windows 10 network to print... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I HAVE WINDOWS 10 AND AN HP OFFICE JET PRO 8610 PRINTER. THE PRINTER IS PRINTING, BUT THE NETWORK CONNECTION IS OFFLINE ALL OF A SUDDEN THE PAST TWO... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by EleanorWax, Oct 8, 2021.

1. Printer is on and will print, but cannot be connected to the Windows 10 network to print...

I HAVE WINDOWS 10 AND AN HP OFFICE JET PRO 8610 PRINTER. THE PRINTER IS PRINTING, BUT THE NETWORK CONNECTION IS OFFLINE ALL OF A SUDDEN THE PAST TWO DAYS. THEREFORE I CANNOT PRINT ANYTHING OFF THE INTERNET!!!!!! PLEASE HELP ME SOLVE THIS PROBLEM!THANK YOU!!!!!

:)

EleanorWax, Oct 8, 2021

2. Error - Printing on Network printer

We have 4 printers on our Windows print server. The server was migrated from win2k3 to 2k8 on friday. 3/4 printers are working great, the other is having issues. When trying to print a test page to it, it gets a job status of Error - Printing.

When sending a small word document to it, it sends it to the printer, the queue is empty but nothing prints. If I goto the printer itself, it doesnt show any errors and I can print things such as information sheets and diagnostic files just fine.

All four printers are the same model, all 4 have a static IP. I can ping the printer successfully. I've tried printing from both an XP machine and the print server itself. I tried removing and adding the printer on the print server. And lastly, uunplugged the printer for 30 seconds, plugged it back in.

Any ideas?

Hybrid_theory, Oct 8, 2021
  3. Jan123 Win User
    Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Oct 8, 2021
  4. Printer is on and will print, but cannot be connected to the Windows 10 network to print...

Networked Printer: How to print both sides?

Some printers may be duplex but don't support the command over network protocols.

On most printers (no duplexing), printing on "both sides" means print odd pages, user has to change the orientation of said pages, and then it prints even pages. They have a special sequence dedicated to the "both sides" process. If this is the case, after it is done printing odd pages, a dialog should pop up showing you how to put the paper back in and also tell you how to resume printing.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 8, 2021
Thema:

Printer is on and will print, but cannot be connected to the Windows 10 network to print...

1. Printer is on and will print, but cannot be connected to the Windows 10 network to print... - Similar Threads - Printer print cannot

2. Windows Print Server - "Windows cannot connect to printer"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Print Server - "Windows cannot connect to printer": Hello,We are using Print Management on a Windows Server 2012 R2 as our Print Server. There are some printers that get the "Windows cannot connect to printer" error attached when we try to install it on user's computer. I can ping fine between the Print Server and test...
  3. Windows Print Server - "Windows cannot connect to printer"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Print Server - "Windows cannot connect to printer": Hello,We are using Print Management on a Windows Server 2012 R2 as our Print Server. There are some printers that get the "Windows cannot connect to printer" error attached when we try to install it on user's computer. I can ping fine between the Print Server and test...
  4. Printer cannot print

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer cannot print: I can use my canon printer , I am unable to print . Documents stuck in print queue with "Error - Printing" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-cannot-print/b6f94196-06c4-4863-9b46-169da6051df6
  5. Printer cannot print

Printer cannot print: I can use my canon printer , I am unable to print . Documents stuck in print queue with "Error - Printing" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-cannot-print/b6f94196-06c4-4863-9b46-169da6051df6
  6. Printer cannot print

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Network printing to a shared printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network printing to a shared printer: I have spent many hours on this and still have not found a solution.How can I reestablish the capability to print to a shared printer on a Windows 10 home network?All computers have 21H2 installed.I'm at a loss as to why Microsoft has still not solved this issue.A successful...
  8. Network printing to a shared printer

Network printing to a shared printer: I have spent many hours on this and still have not found a solution.How can I reestablish the capability to print to a shared printer on a Windows 10 home network?All computers have 21H2 installed.I'm at a loss as to why Microsoft has still not solved this issue.A successful...
  9. Printer is on and will print, but cannot be connected to the Windows 10 network to print...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer is on and will print, but cannot be connected to the Windows 10 network to print...: I HAVE WINDOWS 10 AND AN HP OFFICE JET PRO 8610 PRINTER. THE PRINTER IS PRINTING, BUT THE NETWORK CONNECTION IS OFFLINE ALL OF A SUDDEN THE PAST TWO DAYS. THEREFORE I CANNOT PRINT ANYTHING OFF THE INTERNET!!!!!! PLEASE HELP ME SOLVE THIS PROBLEM!THANK YOU!!!!!...
  10. Printer is on and will print, but cannot be connected to the Windows 10 network to print...

Printer is on and will print, but cannot be connected to the Windows 10 network to print...: I HAVE WINDOWS 10 AND AN HP OFFICE JET PRO 8610 PRINTER. THE PRINTER IS PRINTING, BUT THE NETWORK CONNECTION IS OFFLINE ALL OF A SUDDEN THE PAST TWO DAYS. THEREFORE I CANNOT PRINT ANYTHING OFF THE INTERNET!!!!!! PLEASE HELP ME SOLVE THIS PROBLEM!THANK YOU!!!!!...