Windows 10: Printer issue after Windows 10 update

Discus and support Printer issue after Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My printer won't work after a Windows 10 update recently. Any suggestions?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LaDonnaTimms, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Printer issue after Windows 10 update

My printer won't work after a Windows 10 update recently. Any suggestions?

:)

LaDonnaTimms, Jun 27, 2020

2. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Printer Not Working after Update

Hi Von,

Since your printer is also having an issue after an update, we suggest that you run the Printer Troubleshooter as an initial troubleshooting step. Follow the steps provided in the link on my first response. Also, can you provide us additional details regarding
    your concern. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Which update are you referring to which caused this issue?
    • Which troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Keep us posted so we can further assist you.

Jennifer Bri, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Boatvan Win User

Printer issue after Windows 10 update

Windows 10 GPO Printer Add issues

A total shot in the dark since this is a very specific issue to our environment, but here it goes...

A little background on this issue, my school district is moving to windows 10. We partially deployed Windows 10 LTSB to some of the labs in the district. We are seeing sporadic issues with our Group Policies deploying printers. We have below 50% success rate with printers actually installing on the Windows 10 client machines.

Thinking it was an issue with LTSB, we downloaded and installed Windows 10 Education version 1709 on a test VM and joined it to the domain. I then applied GPO’s from 4 different servers. 3 Physical Server 2012 R2 servers and the original problem Server 2012 R2 VM Server.

What I found was the same inconsistency after rebooting the Win 10 Edu Test VM. I am getting the same Event 513. See below:

Printer issue after Windows 10 update print.png

I am 100% sure the naming is right because I can manually add the same printer using the \\SERVER\FerLib path. All printers that fail to add have the Event 513. I am also going to post this on other forums.

We are only seeing this on student accounts which are domain guest accounts, meaning their profiles are non-permanent. We do not have the option to turn them into regular users per district policy. If you need more info that I omitted please let me know. We are getting desperate.

Thanks!

Boatvan, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Printer issue after Windows 10 update

1. Printer issue after Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Printer issue update

2. Issue with printer after installing windows updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with printer after installing windows updates: Printer is not printing after installing cumulative windows updates. I am using windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-with-printer-after-installing-windows/3e81b715-a763-45c6-8bbd-a9bd2efb44c3
  3. Issue with printer after installing windows updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with printer after installing windows updates: Printer is not printing after installing cumulative windows updates. I am using windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-with-printer-after-installing-windows/3e81b715-a763-45c6-8bbd-a9bd2efb44c3
  4. Issue with printer after installing windows updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Printer Issues Associated to Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Issues Associated to Windows 10 Update: I have an older Brother HL-4070CDW laser printer, which operates well under Windows 10. It connects to my network via WiFi. After updating Windows 10, printed output arrives in the print queue, but quickly disappears, and no output is physically printed. I found that if...
  6. Printer issue after the updates

Printer issue after the updates: Split from this thread. I have the same problem with my hp design jet 500 since the update I can not print I have tried everything to resolve this including the above only to get an error message 0x800f0905. I have lost so much time trying to resolve this I need a patch NOW....
  7. Printer issues after Microsoft updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Printer issues after Microsoft updates: Good day! Please bare with me! I am an older gentleman on a fixed income who has to do online printing in relation to earning supplemental income on line. I own a Compaq desk top computer and a faithful Brother FMC-240C printer. During the past few months , and after an...
  8. Printer issues after last Windows 10 update

Printer issues after last Windows 10 update: I installed Windows 10 updates KB4560960 and KB4561600 on 10 June 2020. Prior to that my Brother wireless MFC-490CW printer was working as normal. Today it will not print from the internet. I can print my user settings and can scan and copy. Anyone else have this issue? I...
  9. Windows 10 Skype and Printer issue after Windows update

Windows 10 Skype and Printer issue after Windows update: January 2019 Update. On my desktop, since installing the Jan 2019 Updates, I have had huge problems, problems that repeated calls to Microsoft updates tech support have not resolved. In fact, I was escalated twice to Level 2 and once to Level 3, who ignored the scheduled...
  10. Printer Issue After update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printer Issue After update: After the last update of my computer with windows 10, I can not connect my HP ENVY 4520 All-in-One Printer. What do I do? It worked perfectly until a few days ago! What happened? Please, I need to have my printer back again...