Windows 10: printer issue. my printer didn't work.

Discus and support printer issue. my printer didn't work. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my printer was working as always had, but now he doesn't want to print anything. Is it happening to me alone? I don't have other pc to try it, if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sonnyphillips, Nov 28, 2018.

1. printer issue. my printer didn't work.

my printer was working as always had, but now he doesn't want to print anything. Is it happening to me alone? I don't have other pc to try it, if someone knew how to solve this please help me

:)

sonnyphillips, Nov 28, 2018

2. Printer error message “ could not connect printer to port”

Hello yes that worked.....didn’t manage to work out the program you suggested, but found the IP from the printer properties web tab

thank you

reddwarf4ever, Nov 28, 2018
  3. KTR
    ktr Win User
    printer won't work on network but will over usb

his printer has a built-in print server.

What you need to know what ip is being give to the printer. Perhaps you can print a status sheet from the printer.

Then Go to printers in control panel

add a new printer

local printer attached, uncheck automatically detect and install PnP printer

create a new port, select standard tcp/ip port

a new window should open and enter the ip there where it says printer name or IP address (port name then should be also be filled as you go)

and pretty much follow the rest of the steps, you will need to install the printer drivers.

These steps is the easy, but not the right way.

The right way is to use the network option on the initial screw and search for the printer server...but that can be tricky to configure.

4. newtekie1 Win User

printer issue. my printer didn't work.

Can't share printer—getting error message

Step 1: Go to store.
    Step 2: Buy a less shitty printer.
    Step 3: Pick up some beer while you are there.
    Step 4: Enjoy both your new printer and your beer.

In all seriousness, I have had more issues with Lexmark printers and their shitty drivers then any other manufacturer, HP is a close second though.

However, if you don't want to get a new printer*Laugh :laugh:, and I can understand that, when my Lexmark was giving me the same troubles in Win7(and Vista) I had to make sure the Windows firewall was ON and the firewall service was enabled and running. After I shared it I could re-disable the firewall and firewall services.

newtekie1, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

printer issue. my printer didn't work.

1. printer issue. my printer didn't work. - Similar Threads - printer issue printer

2. printer issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer issue: I receive the printer message Active Directory Domain Service is currently unavailable. This has not been a problem in the past. How do I fix this? Have uninstalled and installed the printer....
  3. Printer issues

Printer issues: I am running windows 10 and using an HP Envy 7640 all in one printer. For weeks I have been having issues with printing using Microsoft word and this is what I get: "Word can't print do to a problem with the printer setup." I don't understand this as I have set up the printer...
  4. Printer issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printer issue: My Epsom Stylus SX115 has been installed on my computer Windows 10 but I have no access to check status of the printers ink levels etc as not maintenance prompt is shown on the control panel....
  5. Printer issues

Printer issues: I've had this problem before but can't remember how to clear it and I'm in a bind! Right in the middle of a huge time sensitive project and need to print ASAP! I've done the trouble shooter but it tells me it couldn't find anything wrong, computer says printer is offline.......
  6. printer issues

printer issues: I recently did the Windows update and now cannot print anything from my printer it keeps sending me to a print to file box. I have never had this issue. I have tried trouble shooting printer and confirmed my printer is on line with my computer. Can someone please help me...
  7. my printer not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my printer not working: I have a printer that I bought recently after a microsoft update my printer prints but doesn't scan anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-printer-not-working/fa8f0cec-8106-487b-a959-df0d84d3c3be
  8. Printer issue

Printer issue: Does anyone know if my older HP LaserJetP1102w printer is compatible with my new Dell Inspiron Computer? Thanks Brian https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-issue/06818998-5e4e-414e-9ebd-7bec3ddcf397
  9. printer issues

printer issues: new printer cartridge, test pages are fine and it will print maybe 10 copies before the pages start becoming blank copies. Have shut down, and restarted copier [Moderator Edit: Moved from Windows Insider Forum]...
  10. My printer is not working.

My printer is not working.: I am using Windows 10 coupled with a Xerox Work Center 7125. I have already tried: 1) Updating Drivers, Windows 10 said I already had the latest version; 2) Ran a full virus scan. Nothing picked up; 3) Checked cable connections. They are fine; 4) Windows 10 Printer...