Windows 10: printer issue since an automatic pc update the other evening

Discus and support printer issue since an automatic pc update the other evening in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi since my PC did a windows update I can only print in black and white. The default printer is set for colour printing Any idea how to fix it. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TonyMay2, Feb 17, 2019.

1. TonyMay2 Win User

printer issue since an automatic pc update the other evening

Hi

since my PC did a windows update I can only print in black and white. The default printer is set for colour printing

Any idea how to fix it. I have uninstalled printer and done a re install . Still same problem

Thanks

:)

TonyMay2, Feb 17, 2019

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Feb 17, 2019
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile printer issue since an automatic pc update the other evening :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Feb 17, 2019
  4. printer issue since an automatic pc update the other evening

Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

printer issue since an automatic pc update the other evening

1. printer issue since an automatic pc update the other evening - Similar Threads - printer issue since

2. My pc is not opening the settings and other files since the microsoft automatic update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc is not opening the settings and other files since the microsoft automatic update: why did settings stop working when a update was automatically installed and other files. they will not open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-not-opening-the-settings-and-other-files/f81f42bb-45e5-4361-9a21-caf2cbbf2790
  3. My pc is not opening the settings and other files since the microsoft automatic update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc is not opening the settings and other files since the microsoft automatic update: why did settings stop working when a update was automatically installed and other files. they will not open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-not-opening-the-settings-and-other-files/f81f42bb-45e5-4361-9a21-caf2cbbf2790
  4. My pc is not opening the settings and other files since the microsoft automatic update

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Desktop issues since update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop issues since update: Out of no where, several of my desktop files have small brown boxes in the corner and I can't open the files on the C drive. When I try to open them, I get a message saying, "the file name is invalid" or "can't open". Since the update, my desktop and half of my files are...
  6. Desktop issues since update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop issues since update: Out of no where, several of my desktop files have small brown boxes in the corner and I can't open the files on the C drive. When I try to open them, I get a message saying, "the file name is invalid" or "can't open". Since the update, my desktop and half of my files are...
  7. printer update issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    printer update issues: Since you are so very versed perhaps I can ask if there is now a way to fix the KB5001649 ? printer issue caused by the March update? I have a older embroidery software program Viking 6D and I could print in 3d mode two weeks before the update and have not been able to since...
  8. sudden printer issues on pc but not other devices.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sudden printer issues on pc but not other devices.: HP Pavilion PC seems to send file to printer but results only in blank page. trouble shooter shows no errors...queue seems to retain file in sequence. Effects all apps equally including screen print and external apps accessed. Printer is is also HP All-in-One and everything...
  9. Internet Issues Since Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Internet Issues Since Update: Whenever I go to the internet after a few minutes the screen goes black and then comes back to life. Is anyone else having these issues. I used to have this issue about two years ago but an update fixed it but it is now back again....
  10. Can't "Automatically download updates, even ..."

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't "Automatically download updates, even ...": I select the auto update but it changes itself back right before my eyes. I think this has been going on for a long time. Can you help me fix this? [ATTACH][ATTACH]...