Windows 10: Printer Issue

Discus and support Printer Issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an error message on my printer, "Missing or undetected printhead."... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by IsabelleMcDonald, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Printer Issue

I have an error message on my printer, "Missing or undetected printhead."

:)

IsabelleMcDonald, Feb 13, 2020

2. printer issues

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows.

• Is it a wired or wireless printer?
    • Is the printer connected via network to your computer?
    I suggest you to make printer as a default printer you can follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key+ X and select
      device manager
    • Select devices and printers
    • Right click on the printer you want to use, and then click
      set as default printer (You'll see a check mark on the printer's icon signifying that it's now your default printer).
    I suggest you to update the drivers for the printers and check if it helps.

I also recommend you to run the print troubleshooter to check the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Printer

Hi Rodrigo,

I am sorry to know that you are having issues with Printer.

What and all steps have you tried so far?

Restart the computer and check.

Also, check for Windows updates.

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Printer Issue

Wireless Printer Issue

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Printer Troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Printer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Printer. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Printer troubleshooter and.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

I suggest you to Download the latest drivers from the manufacturer web site and install, if the issue persist install the available drivers in Compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Method 2: Install the drivers in Compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to install the latest available drivers on manufacturer's website in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Printer Issue

1. Printer Issue - Similar Threads - Printer Issue

2. I had issue connect to my printer on the network.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I had issue connect to my printer on the network.: The printer is share on a win 10 os pc, it will show on the explorer when I type in the pc address. However when I try to connect to it ,it willshow error. Operation could not be completed error 0x00000709. Double check the printer name and make sure that the printer is...
  3. Scan issues-Samsung Multi Function printer M288x Series

Scan issues-Samsung Multi Function printer M288x Series: Please help! My scanner was working perfectly, but when I tried scanning again, it showed this error: "I/O error while communicating with the device. Please wait and try scanning again." I did this and turned off both my printer and computer and restarted, but I still get...
  4. unable to use printer after user profile issue resolved

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unable to use printer after user profile issue resolved: we are unable to use or install printer. we had issue of not being able to sign into user profile, which blocked our access to computer. we resolved that issue with service tech help, after repairing thru cmd-blackscreen. ever since then we have not been able to use...
  5. Printer Sharing Issue

Printer Sharing Issue: A printer is connected to Computer 1 via USB cable. I have enabled printer sharing on that computer. That computer is connected to a wifi router via Ethernet. I want Computer 2 to use the printer. I have enabled printer sharing on both computers. In the Network and Sharing...
  6. HP Printer Issues After Win 10 Upgrade

HP Printer Issues After Win 10 Upgrade: Just had Dell upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. Before, HP 7155 printer worked fine, now NOTHING. You can hear it getting print command, then it fizzles out. Is it driver issue? WIFI, Network? HP Forum and I have tried "everything!" Thx....
  7. printer issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    printer issue: Hi I really don't know if this is a printer or a windows 10 issue. I have a Officejet Pro 9015 printer. I am using Windows 10 Home. I am using the printer in a wireless mode. When I try to print a page I get an error message that reads "Error printing on HCCC37E HP...
  8. BROTHER PRINTER QL 570 PRINTER ISSUES

BROTHER PRINTER QL 570 PRINTER ISSUES: Hi, I am trying to print on the brother QL 570 label printer. It worked fine for a number of years, but I have encountered issues in the last 2 weeks. I think I may have inadvertently uninstalled something. So, I uninstalled the whole application and re-installed. It says...
  9. HP printer issues with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HP printer issues with Windows 10: "I have an HP Photosmart C4780 printer. I recently updated to Windows 10 on my Dell Laptop. When I first sent a print command, there was an unusal lenthy delay before printing. Today, after the lenghty time delay 30-45 secs or more I got a "printer off-line" msg, then another...
  10. Brother laser printer sleeping issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Brother laser printer sleeping issue: I have always been able to print to my Brother laser printer from my laptop after it went to sleep. We got a new HP computer and now once it's sleeping I can't print to it from the computer. I can still print to it from my phone but not he computer. I keep having to reset the...