Windows 10: Printer issues after recent Win 10 Pro Update

Discus and support Printer issues after recent Win 10 Pro Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm using a Canon MF743Cdw multi-function printer. When I installed it back in Oct 2019, all went well. Installation media recognized the printer by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MarkReynoldsZY, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Printer issues after recent Win 10 Pro Update

I'm using a Canon MF743Cdw multi-function printer. When I installed it back in Oct 2019, all went well. Installation media recognized the printer by name (on 3 separate computers), installed the drivers, selected itself as the primary printer, and printed a test page. The printer was still recognized when it was turned off, or power outage, and turned back on. All was well until Win 10 updates started occurring.

Now when the power is shut off and back on, the printer IP Address changes and none of my three computers recognize the printer. Under prior operations, Win 10 would re-recognize the printer and new IP Address automatically and print as normal. Now I have to remove the printer, uninstall the drivers, delete the printer port, and start all over. Note: Is there a way to change the IP Address from within windows? I've tried by going to Printers and Devices > selecting the printer > selecting printer properties > selecting Port > selecting "edit port." A box pops up with port data, including IP Address, but no way to edit it. Am I missing something here?

When I try to reinstall the printer, it is (printer name) no longer recognized by windows. This occurs on all three computers. Now I have to install by entering the new IP Address. Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't. At this time I'm no longer able to print on my laptop. Bottom line, I had no problems until the windows updates started. All three computers were updated within a few days of each other and the printer stopped working on all three computers after those updates.

Has anyone else experienced this or a similar problem. If so, what action did you take to fix it?

Anyone else have any ideas/suggestion(s) what I can do?

Thanks so much!

Mark

:)

MarkReynoldsZY, Nov 25, 2019
  2. sygnus21 Win User

Win 10 Pro - Devices and Printers

OK, thanks for letting us know. No further suggestions as this time. BTW I have both an Epson XP-960, as well as a 3880 and no issues. Point? I doubt it's an Epson driver issue.

@WOT,

Devices and Printers working just fine here under Windows 10 Pro x64. Version 1703, Build 15063.296...

Printer issues after recent Win 10 Pro Update [​IMG]

No issue prior to the Creator update either.

sygnus21, Nov 25, 2019
  3. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 25, 2019
  4. Printer issues after recent Win 10 Pro Update

Following Win 10 Update (1803): Unable to print (Printer offline message).

Printer Samsung ML2950 Series.

I have followed all the suggestions here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027397/windows-10-fix-printer-problems

None of them fix the problem.

The printer is working fine. Another WIN 10 computer on the network is able to print to the printer without issue.

Latest updates:

• WIN 10 1803

and

• Security Update for Adobe Flash for Win 10 1803 KB4338832

I uninstalled KB4338832 and the problem persists, so I presume that the problem is with the 1803 update (as that took around 2 hours to install, I'm reluctant to uninstall it to test it).

Gary Allman, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

Printer issues after recent Win 10 Pro Update

1. Printer issues after recent Win 10 Pro Update - Similar Threads - Printer issues recent

2. issues after recent update

in Windows 10 Customization
    issues after recent update: yes after the latest up date it has messed with my customization everything is white and I can not access the colors page because everything is frozen and things do not load up. I do not know if all of this has also affected the loading of my face book my groups do not load...
  3. Printer problem after recent Win 10 download

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer problem after recent Win 10 download: I did not consult the forum until just now, and have the same problem as everyone else in printing. My printer is a 12 yr old OKI 2032MFP; per OKI tech support, they said to install the Win 7-64 driver to work on Win 10 kind of a red flag. I tried to uninstall the update as...
  4. Recent updates &Printers

Recent updates &Printers: Recent updates have stopped my Brother printer working. A lot of other users have the same problem. When are you going to sort it out.?I can get no information from any where....
  5. HP Printer Issues After Win 10 Upgrade

HP Printer Issues After Win 10 Upgrade: Just had Dell upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. Before, HP 7155 printer worked fine, now NOTHING. You can hear it getting print command, then it fizzles out. Is it driver issue? WIFI, Network? HP Forum and I have tried "everything!" Thx....
  6. Start up issue on recent Win 10 pro upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Start up issue on recent Win 10 pro upgrade: On a desktop that has recently been updated from Win 7 to Win 10 pro, when I start up the screen stays on the Windows icon (no moving dots to show that it is processing) and the fan runs fast. The only way to stop it is a forced shutdown. When I do, and then try start-up,...
  7. Surface Pro 4 - Issues after most recent update.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface Pro 4 - Issues after most recent update.: Hi! I've been using my Surface Pro 4 every day for school and entertainment and had zero issues with it until the latest update. 1. When I try to sign-in, if Windows Hello doesn't recognize me, it says signing-in with my pin is disabled and to go into settings and enable...
  8. can't boot Win 10 after recent update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    can't boot Win 10 after recent update: I just did an update, it had one Windows defender update and and a KB something it downloaded, installed and asked me to reboot. I did this and it did the 20%, 30% thing before restart, it shut down and restarted upon start, I have been sitting for an hour with the...
  9. Printer Issues Can not configure printer ports Win 10 Pro

Printer Issues Can not configure printer ports Win 10 Pro: Hello, New to forum.......I am having issues with wireless printing. Had to replace wireless router, now computer will not maintain connection to printer. I want to configure port to a static IP, but it will not allow access. I am set as administrator.... Any ideas? 77910
  10. Win 10 Pro - Devices and Printers

Win 10 Pro - Devices and Printers: I Have PC running Win 10 Pro, i5 6300 Skylake CPU, 16GB RAM, SSD Main Drive. I have read a number of posts relating to my problem her, but none of them have fixed my issue. Since upgrading to WIN 10 from WIN 7, I don't think I have ever had to look at Devices & Printers....