Windows 10: Printer Issues and Saving to PDF

Discus and support Printer Issues and Saving to PDF in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I can't seem to add any printers, even ones I've recently been printing from successfully, as well being unable to Save as PDF from Excel.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Luke Richardson, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Printer Issues and Saving to PDF

Hello,

I can't seem to add any printers, even ones I've recently been printing from successfully, as well being unable to Save as PDF from Excel. I'm able to save as a PDF from Word without any issues as well as from Google Chrome browser. I can't print rom any source.

When trying to Save As from Excel, I get the error message no printers are installed. When I try to add a printer I then get the error message "The Active Domain Directory Services is Currently Unavailable."

I've tried all the steps in this troubleshooting link to fix the issue but with no success;

https://windowsreport.com/active-directory-domain-services-currently-unavailable/

I've had other messages saying the print spooler isn't running, even though I've restarted and tried all the steps in this link;

http://faq.micro-pctech.com/2017/01/17/stop-start-restart-windows-print-spooler-service/

I've also tried downloading the driver direct from the manufacturer, removed and readded the printer, reset my WiFi router, and ran the Printer Troubleshooter - which just says no printer is installed, when I do try and add it doesn't acknowledge it's there.

I'm using a HP Pavilion Laptop 14-bk0xx, Windows 10, 64 bit, Intel Pentium CPU 4415U.

Thanks

:)

Luke Richardson, Sep 4, 2018

2. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Thanks for your help. I was browsing the web the other day and I found a page called FINAL DRAFT. They had a set of instructions for reinstalling the Microsoft Print to PDF utility that worked great for me. Problem solved.

WilliamSturgis, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Printer Issues and Saving to PDF

Printer Issues and Saving to PDF

Hello,

I can't seem to add any printers, even ones I've recently been printing from successfully, as well being unable to Save as PDF from Excel. I'm able to save as a PDF from Word without any issues as well as from Google Chrome browser. I can't print rom any
    source.

When trying to Save As from Excel, I get the error message no printers are installed. When I try to add a printer I then get the error message "The Active Domain Directory Services is Currently Unavailable."

I've tried all the steps in this troubleshooting link to fix the issue but with no success;

Fix: Active Directory Domain Services Currently Unavailable in Windows 10, 8.1 or 7

I've had other messages saying the print spooler isn't running, even though I've restarted and tried all the steps in this link;

How to Stop, Start or Restart the Windows Print Spooler Service - Micro PC Tech

I've also tried downloading the driver direct from the manufacturer, removed and readded the printer, reset my WiFi router, and ran the Printer Troubleshooter - which just says no printer is installed, when I do try and add it doesn't acknowledge it's there.

I'm using a HP Pavilion Laptop 14-bk0xx, Windows 10, 64 bit, Intel Pentium CPU 4415U.

Thanks

Luke Richardson, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

Printer Issues and Saving to PDF

1. Printer Issues and Saving to PDF - Similar Threads - Printer Issues Saving

2. Saving to pdf

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving to pdf: Just recently when saving a document as a pdf from the web it is being saved a a type 2023 file. How can I stop this from happening? * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-to-pdf/012d57de-07f8-4aff-8736-1804e73d88c5
  3. Save to .pdf

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Save to .pdf: Windows print to PDF is creating an MS Dos Application instead of a PDF....Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-to-pdf/da5f501b-940a-4ad1-a3fa-be4b9995d88e
  4. Save to .pdf

Save to .pdf: Windows print to PDF is creating an MS Dos Application instead of a PDF....Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-to-pdf/da5f501b-940a-4ad1-a3fa-be4b9995d88e
  5. Saving a PDF

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving a PDF: All of a sudden I am unable to save a pdf to my hard drive. I click on Save As and a blank window opens, but that's it. Nothing happens. I went ahead and re-downloaded Adobe Acrobat Reader, but that hasn't helped. I suspect the problem has something to do with Microsoft...
  6. Saving a PDF

Saving a PDF: All of a sudden I am unable to save a pdf to my hard drive. I click on Save As and a blank window opens, but that's it. Nothing happens. I went ahead and re-downloaded Adobe Acrobat Reader, but that hasn't helped. I suspect the problem has something to do with Microsoft...
  7. Saving As A .pdf ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Saving As A .pdf ?: Hello, I open up a web link that is a multi page document (an instruction manual). I then want to save it as a .pdf. Can't figure out how to. I assume I use Adobe Acrobat to do so, but am not sure. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Bob 179792
  8. Issues removing PDF Printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issues removing PDF Printer: Hi, I have issues removing my Adobe PDF Printer. I removed Adobe DC without any problem and the PDF Printer doesn't show up anymore on the devices and in the printer list. But the PDF-printer still shows up in word & publisher -> print document -> Printers. I says 3...
  9. Printer saving PDF

Printer saving PDF: When I scan a document with my Canon printer Cannon Pixma MG 3022 Serial # KLBU 70940 and save a PDF file to a destination folder in Documents the application places a SUB FOLDER with the current date in the destination folder, which I do not want. this sub folder option is...
  10. Epson printer issues with PDF files.

Epson printer issues with PDF files.: Since doing an update from Epson, I'm unable to print PDF files with my Epson XP-640 printer. No problem printing Word files. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epson-printer-issues-with-pdf-files/d7b42890-696c-4461-98eb-cea05d833dc6