Windows 10: Printer Issues Can not configure printer ports Win 10 Pro

Discus and support Printer Issues Can not configure printer ports Win 10 Pro in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, New to forum.......I am having issues with wireless printing. Had to replace wireless router, now computer will not maintain connection to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lmoyer, Feb 22, 2017.

1. lmoyer Win User

Printer Issues Can not configure printer ports Win 10 Pro

Hello,
    New to forum.......I am having issues with wireless printing. Had to replace wireless router, now computer will not maintain connection to printer. I want to configure port to a static IP, but it will not allow access. I am set as administrator.... Any ideas?

:)

lmoyer, Feb 22, 2017
  2. D_R_C Win User

Windows 10, HP Desktop: No USB001 Virtual port in drop-down list of printer ports

Windows 10, HP Desktop: No USB001 Virtual port in drop-down list of printer ports

After upgrading to Win 10 from Win 7 Pro, Brother MFC 8500 stopped working.

Printer works with Surface Pro 3 that has USB ports listed in printer port drop down menu.

Tried everything I've read so far on the interwebz.

It appears to be specific to my machine.

What to do?

D_R_C, Feb 22, 2017
  3. WIN 10 Printer drivers Won't configure IP printing

I have a HP CP1025nw. WIN 10 will not configure IP to the Jet Direct Interface. It worked on Win 7. It worked with Win 7 drivers on Win 10. Win 10 seized during a reboot. WIN 10's Windows Repair software stripped out all of the WIN 7 drivers and printer
    configurations.

Win 10 will not configure the IP portion of the print driver from my computer to the printer with the native WIN 10 software. It will autoconfigure and print over USB. Other computers still find and print to the printer over the network. My computer communicates
    with my printer's internal configuration web page. WIN 10 and the HP Print wizard find my printer and act like they are happy, and exit with a failure message. Manually adding an IP port in the printer configuration window and shifting to it fails. This is
    a simple PCL 6 to IP Jet direct configuration. I believe that anyone trying to use the WIN 10 software to add any new HP networked printer is going to fail.

BLieffring, Feb 22, 2017
  4. Printer Issues Can not configure printer ports Win 10 Pro

Did you redo the printers WIFI setup to the new Router?

alphanumeric, Feb 22, 2017
  5. lmoyer Win User
    Yes.....sure did. The printers are showing connected to the network thru their display screens. If I reinstall the printer software they will connect to the computer - temporarily. Then they randomly lose the connection to the computer (still maintaining connection to network) and the printer status shows "offline". looking at the IP address it is now a 10.* number instead of a 192.* ? I'm assuming this is just a new protocol ?? and don't think to be the issue. I wanted to configure a static IP to see if this resolves the issue but have been unable to configure the port. Thanks for your reply

lmoyer, Feb 22, 2017
  6. HP LaserJet P1102w here. Windows installs the driver for it automatically the first time its detected.
    Some routers use 192.168.0.0 - 192.168.255.255 and some use 10.0.0.0 - 10.255.255.255 for private IP's.

So what are you wanting to use the private IP on, the printer or the PC? IF on the printer, do that in the printer setup. Just make sure its an IP outside on the scope/range the router uses. Not one the router gives out via DHCP.

7. lmoyer Win User
    I want to set the static IP for the printers, they are having issues staying in a "online" condition from computer (even though they are online to the router). OK I'll try setting up the IP from the printer itself, rather than from the "Printer Properties" in Win 10. Still can you answer my initial question about configuring the port from Win 10?

lmoyer, Feb 22, 2017
  8. Printer Issues Can not configure printer ports Win 10 Pro

Where exactly are you trying to configure the port? Screen shot may help?

9. lmoyer Win User
    I believe you can get to this from several methods but I used : Start/Settings/Devices/Printers & scanners/*selected the appropriate printer*/manage.
    Printer Issues Can not configure printer ports Win 10 Pro [​IMG]

lmoyer, Feb 22, 2017
  10. This is what I see, no Ports tab for me?

Printer Issues Can not configure printer ports Win 10 Pro [​IMG]

11. lmoyer Win User
    I don't know what to make of that???? Well thanks for your attempt I appreciate it!

lmoyer, Feb 22, 2017
  12. Not sure if this helps but have a look, https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/...-port-monitor/ I think you might be barking up the wrong tree trying to change that port.

Also not sure if it matters but noticed yours says Network and mine says Wireless in the printer description. It's a wireless connection between the printer and router right?

13. Printer Issues Can not configure printer ports Win 10 Pro

May I suggest, and I recognized this is a little off the discussion but it relates to printer losing connection.

Use this tool near your printer to see the network or networks as your printer sees it or them. Look for interference, and signal strength, maybe even change router channel to shore up connection. If it is on channel 6 move to 9 or 3 and retest.

inSSIDer 3.1.2.1 Download - TechSpot

As I recall HP requires the software for that printer to be installed and as the install progresses it will ask to have it connected. In the case of networked devices I leave them powered off until the software asks for printer.

Caledon Ken, Feb 22, 2017
  14. lmoyer Win User
    Yes I did see the difference.....I'm not sure if it matters either. Well I will try to resolve this tonight. Thanks again!

lmoyer, Feb 23, 2017
  15. lmoyer Win User
    OK.. I'll check out the tool you posted a link to. Thank you

lmoyer, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Printer Issues Can not configure printer ports Win 10 Pro

1. Printer Issues Can not configure printer ports Win 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Printer Issues configure

2. Win 11 Printer issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 Printer issues: I have updated from the initial Win 11 install in Decmember to today's KB5010414 cumulative update and KB5010474 .NET Framework for 3.5 and 4.8. Both installs reported to be successful. Now all printers are offline and give errors such as "queue has items waiting" when trying...
  3. Printer configuration

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer configuration: Wireless Printer is showing connected but when I try to print, it shows the message..."your printer has experienced a configuration issue" . How do I fix this??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-configuration/a06946e2-cf38-45ca-b848-159033dd6239
  4. Printer configuration error issue

Printer configuration error issue: Recent issue with printer, configuration issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-configuration-error-issue/7a6f7efa-03a0-4f96-bf7e-295b8e254f29
  5. Samsung printers showing offline , port configuration is not supported

Samsung printers showing offline , port configuration is not supported: samsung ml-2240 shows offline won't configure port as not supported https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/samsung-printers-showing-offline-port/7770b724-eb79-4311-88c2-3063fcb7c42d
  6. Printer issues after recent Win 10 Pro Update

Printer issues after recent Win 10 Pro Update: I'm using a Canon MF743Cdw multi-function printer. When I installed it back in Oct 2019, all went well. Installation media recognized the printer by name (on 3 separate computers), installed the drivers, selected itself as the primary printer, and printed a test page. The...
  7. Printer configuration

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printer configuration: Bonjour Je n'arrive pas à refaire fonctionner mon imprimante EPSON ET 4500 suite à une mise à jour Windows 10. Après plusieurs réinstallations du pilote, il est toujours indisponible. L'application Scanner fonctionne correctement. Merci de m'indiquer comment faire. EV...
  8. Printer configuration with Windows 10

Printer configuration with Windows 10: I have two printers---Brother MFC7860DW and Brother MFC 7360N. I downloaded the printer drivers for each. I ran each program to install. During the installation, it asked if I wanted to connect the computer to the printer wirelessly or directly. I chose the USB connection and...
  9. Printer Ports

Printer Ports: Samsung laser printer was working fine until today when a message flashed up along the lines of "printer port disabled/reconfigured. do you wish to use a valid port?" (may not be word for word). Clicked yes and tried again. Now, when I print, there is a pop-up box...
  10. Win 10 Pro - Devices and Printers

Win 10 Pro - Devices and Printers: I Have PC running Win 10 Pro, i5 6300 Skylake CPU, 16GB RAM, SSD Main Drive. I have read a number of posts relating to my problem her, but none of them have fixed my issue. Since upgrading to WIN 10 from WIN 7, I don't think I have ever had to look at Devices & Printers....