Windows 10: Printer Issues No Homegroup to print from multiple devices

Discus and support Printer Issues No Homegroup to print from multiple devices in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, I really could use some expert support. Before the home-group disappeared during a windows update; i was able to print files from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SamuelLinen, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Printer Issues No Homegroup to print from multiple devices

Hello Everyone, I really could use some expert support. Before the home-group disappeared during a windows update; i was able to print files from my laptop in my kitchen to my printer in my bedroom which is attached to a desktop there. I have an older printer which is still very functional Brothers DCP 8040. My desktop is an Dell Optiplex 320 not wifi capable. My laptop is an Acer Aspire wifi enabled. Both operating systems are running Windows 10 Home. I have to now carry the laptop into the bedroom; disconnect the printer from the desktop just to print what i need from the laptop. The printer prints fine from the bedroom desktop. My question is: how/is it possible to put this older printer on my network and have it print from all my devices; fire 10 and 7 tablets, laptop and desktop without issues. Can you please help as I prepare to return to school.. Thank you for your time and support.

:)

SamuelLinen, Jan 8, 2020
  2. Jessen P Win User

Printing to a Wireless Homegroup Printer

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows.

There are several reasons why you might not be able to print to a homegroup printer:

• The printer is turned off.

• The computer that the printer is connected to is turned off, asleep, hibernating, or has left the homegroup.

• Another member of the homegroup stopped sharing the printer.

• Network discovery might be turned off.

• The printer has a non-USB connection and must be shared using Devices and Printers in Control Panel.

• An incorrect printer driver is installed. Printers must use the correct driver for the type of computer they are connected to (x86-based or x64-based). Many printer drivers can be downloaded automatically from Windows Update.
    Please make sure all the necessary steps have been taken care of.

[*]
    Do get back to us for any issues pertaining in the future. We will be happy to help.

[*]

Jessen P, Jan 8, 2020
  3. Jan123 Win User
    Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Jan 8, 2020
  4. Printer Issues No Homegroup to print from multiple devices

network printer

Hi,

Along with the suggestions provided by Robert, you can also try the steps below.

What is the exact error message you receive?

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.
    You can refer the link below and check if it helps.

HomeGroup problems in Windows: Refer to "I can't print to a homegroup printer"

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/homegroup-problems-in-windows

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

Printer Issues No Homegroup to print from multiple devices

1. Printer Issues No Homegroup to print from multiple devices - Similar Threads - Printer Issues Homegroup

2. Printer suddenly not printing multiple pages???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer suddenly not printing multiple pages???: I have an HP OfficeJet Pro 6970 Printer that is connected to my PC Windows10 Home and a Dell Laptop Windows 10Pro. About 3 weeks ago I went to print multiple pages of the Sudoku puzzle using my PC and it would not print multiple copies of the same puzzle. I uninstalled the...
  3. Printer suddenly not printing multiple pages???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer suddenly not printing multiple pages???: I have an HP OfficeJet Pro 6970 Printer that is connected to my PC Windows10 Home and a Dell Laptop Windows 10Pro. About 3 weeks ago I went to print multiple pages of the Sudoku puzzle using my PC and it would not print multiple copies of the same puzzle. I uninstalled the...
  4. Printer suddenly not printing multiple pages???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Printing issues on all printers

Printing issues on all printers: My computer updated itself on 3/10/2021, after the update my konica minolta and my fujifilm dx100 printer are printing a 6 inch block down the middle of me pages. I have reinstalled all driver but the issue persist. As for my HP printer there is no issue, anyhelp?...
  6. Multiple Duplicates in Devices and Printers

Multiple Duplicates in Devices and Printers: In Devices and Printers and under Multimedia Devices, there are multiple icons for multimedia devices. I deleted the excess copies once and left one of each there and they all came back. Any idea on how to stop this behavior? [img] 131583
  7. printer print issues

printer print issues: will only print black and white from my laptop, but it says color... It prints color from all other devices. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-print-issues/5c195589-3db3-4288-a0a5-26c1e1d2e1de
  8. "Devices and Printers" Multiple (same) printers listed

"Devices and Printers" Multiple (same) printers listed: In "Devices and Printers," I have ended up with multiples with the same name. How do I delete the duplicates from the dropdown list? Thank you. 112317
  9. Multiple (duplicate) printers listed in "Devices and Printers"

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple (duplicate) printers listed in "Devices and Printers": In "Devices and Printers," I have ended up with multiples with the same name. How do I delete the duplicates from the dropdown list? Thank you. 112317
  10. Homegroup Printer Question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Homegroup Printer Question: Hey guys. Trying to setup our home printer across a network. It worked fine in Windows 7 and it did work fine post upgrade but, following a clean install of Windows 10 it won't connect and brings up an error about how Unable to connect to Printer. It's a HP Photosmart...