Windows 10: Printer keeps going offline when windows 10 updates

Discus and support Printer keeps going offline when windows 10 updates in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a HP ENVY 5020 printer and is connected USB lead and it keep going offline when windows 10 updates I have tried changing ports but still nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GrahamLovegrove, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Printer keeps going offline when windows 10 updates

I have a HP ENVY 5020 printer and is connected USB lead and it keep going offline when windows 10 updates I have tried changing ports but still nothing works

:)

GrahamLovegrove, Feb 8, 2020

2. printer keeps going offline

Hi Toni,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Thank you for the detailed information about the issue. I understand the inconvenience you are facing with the printer.

Which security software is installed on your device?

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and let us know if that helps.

Method 1

Run Printer Troubleshooter

1. Press Windows + I key >
      Update & Security > Troubleshoot.
    2. Click on Printer and
      Run the troubleshooter.

Method 2

Reinstall your EPSON printer

1. Press Windows + R key, type in
      devmgmt.msc.
    2. Right click on your EPSON printer device in Printers or Printer queues.
    3. Click on Uninstall.
    4. On your keyboard, press the
      Windows logo key and R
      at the same time to invoke the Run box.
    5. Type control and press
      Enter.
    6. Click Devices and Printers in Large icons.
    7. Right-click on the blank area and click
      Add a printer.
    8. Click on The printer that I want isn’t listed.
    9. Tick on Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname. Then click on
      Next.
    10. Enter the IP address and
      Port name of your printer. Then click Next to complete reinstalling your printer.
    11. Restart your computer and check if you’re able to use your printer.

Note: Refer the below suggested steps on how to check IP address and port name of the printer.

1. Right-click on your printer and
      choose Printer properties.
    2. Highlight the checked Port with
      mark in Ports, then click Configure Port.

You’ll be able to see the Port name and IP address of your printer on the pop-up window.

You may also refer the article from EPSONI see the message Printer
    is Offline when I try to print with a wireless connection in Windows. What should I do
    ?
    ” for more information.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Feb 8, 2020
  3. printer keeps going offline

My printer Epson XP 446-- keeps going offline and now it says "not connected" in the devices-printers and scanners page. The printer. is set as default, Microsoft is not managing it, "use printer offline" is not checked. I have Surface Pro 4 with
    Windows 10. All updates are current. I would like to be able to print when I want to without futzing with my computer to make it work. I purchased this printer in hope that it would solve the offline problem but the new one has the same issue plus the new
    one of not connected. I use the printer wirelessly and the. computer shows the router is connected.

Toni JeanThompson, Feb 8, 2020
  4. Printer keeps going offline when windows 10 updates

Canon printer keeps going offline and won't print.

Hi Kelello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

This issue might occur if the printer driver is not configured properly.

I suggest you to run Printer Troubleshooter and check.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Printer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Printer. Refer these steps:

1. Press Windows key +X, select Control
    panel.

2. Change the view by option on the top right to
    Large icons.

3. Click on
    troubleshooting and click on the view all option
    on the left panel.

4. Run the
    Printer troubleshooter.

For information refer the below link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

For more information refer the below link.

Solved: My MX430 keeps going offline and won't print - Canon Community

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

Printer keeps going offline when windows 10 updates

1. Printer keeps going offline when windows 10 updates - Similar Threads - Printer keeps going

2. Printer keeps going offline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer keeps going offline: i have 2 Brother printers on a wireless connection that keep going offline. To get them back on, I unplug & replug them. For one of them, I have to do that two or three times to get it working again. I uninstalled & reinstalled the driver a couple of times already & my router...
  3. Printer keeps going offline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer keeps going offline: i have 2 Brother printers on a wireless connection that keep going offline. To get them back on, I unplug & replug them. For one of them, I have to do that two or three times to get it working again. I uninstalled & reinstalled the driver a couple of times already & my router...
  4. Printer keeps going "offline" Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer keeps going "offline" Windows 11: My printer has worked fine until a month or two. Since then it keeps going offline. I have updated software drivers etc. I need to poke around with troubleshooters etc every time to get it to work. It's then fine for that session but the problem comes back every time i turn...
  5. Printer keeps going "offline" Windows 11

Printer keeps going "offline" Windows 11: My printer has worked fine until a month or two. Since then it keeps going offline. I have updated software drivers etc. I need to poke around with troubleshooters etc every time to get it to work. It's then fine for that session but the problem comes back every time i turn...
  6. Printers keep going offline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printers keep going offline: I have two printers connected to my wi-fi network via a router/modem all in one. They KEEP going offline & I don't know why. When it happens, I either run the built-in Windows troubleshooter or I go and unplug the printer, plug it back up and then it is fine -- the latter...
  7. Printers keep going offline

Printers keep going offline: I have two printers connected to my wi-fi network via a router/modem all in one. They KEEP going offline & I don't know why. When it happens, I either run the built-in Windows troubleshooter or I go and unplug the printer, plug it back up and then it is fine -- the latter...
  8. Printers keep going offline

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Printers Keep Going Offline

Printers Keep Going Offline: We're having issues with our printers keep going offline & we're unable to print. This is happening with both of our wireless printers (Brother MFC6930DW & HP T120) indicating this is a problem with Windows 10 Professional & not the printers. If we delete the printers & add...
  10. printer keeps going offline

printer keeps going offline: My printer Epson XP 446-- keeps going offline and now it says "not connected" in the devices-printers and scanners page. The printer. is set as default, Microsoft is not managing it, "use printer offline" is not checked. I have Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10. All updates...