Windows 10: printer keeps going offline

Discus and support printer keeps going offline in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My printer Epson XP 446-- keeps going offline and now it says "not connected" in the devices-printers and scanners page. The printer. is set as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Toni JeanThompson, Mar 19, 2019.

1. printer keeps going offline

My printer Epson XP 446-- keeps going offline and now it says "not connected" in the devices-printers and scanners page. The printer. is set as default, Microsoft is not managing it, "use printer offline" is not checked. I have Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10. All updates are current. I would like to be able to print when I want to without futzing with my computer to make it work. I purchased this printer in hope that it would solve the offline problem but the new one has the same issue plus the new one of not connected. I use the printer wirelessly and the. computer shows the router is connected.

:)

Toni JeanThompson, Mar 19, 2019

2. Canon printer keeps going offline and won't print.

Hi Kelello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

This issue might occur if the printer driver is not configured properly.

I suggest you to run Printer Troubleshooter and check.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Printer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Printer. Refer these steps:

1. Press Windows key +X, select Control
    panel.

2. Change the view by option on the top right to
    Large icons.

3. Click on
    troubleshooting and click on the view all option
    on the left panel.

4. Run the
    Printer troubleshooter.

For information refer the below link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

For more information refer the below link.

Solved: My MX430 keeps going offline and won't print - Canon Community

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Mar 19, 2019
  3. Epsom Printer keeps going offline

How do I reset my printer - it keeps going offline and under settings it will not let me change the default from offline. I am using Win10 - printer is an Epsom 61A5BF (XP-630) series. It prints from the ipad! TIA

ShirleyBennett1, Mar 19, 2019
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

printer keeps going offline

Printer offline

Hi there,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below question:

• Did you make any changes to the computer before this issue started?

Printer will continually switch itself to offline mode due to an IP port issue. To keep the printer from switching to offline mode, you must validate the printer's IP address.

Meanwhile, please follow the troubleshooting steps as mentioned below:

Steps:

1. Press Windows andR
      key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type Control and hit enter.
    3. Click on Hardware and sound> click on Devices and printers.
    4. Select the HP Printer 2540, right click on it.
    5. Uncheck the option use printer offline and select
      properties.
    6. Go to the Ports tab at the top of the pop-up window.
    7. Click on "Configure Port"
    8. Check that the "Printer Name or IP address:" box is the same as the IP of your printer.

You can also refer this link for more information
    about Printer issues.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

printer keeps going offline

1. printer keeps going offline - Similar Threads - printer keeps going

2. Printer keeps going offline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer keeps going offline: i have 2 Brother printers on a wireless connection that keep going offline. To get them back on, I unplug & replug them. For one of them, I have to do that two or three times to get it working again. I uninstalled & reinstalled the driver a couple of times already & my router...
  3. Printer keeps going offline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer keeps going offline: i have 2 Brother printers on a wireless connection that keep going offline. To get them back on, I unplug & replug them. For one of them, I have to do that two or three times to get it working again. I uninstalled & reinstalled the driver a couple of times already & my router...
  4. Printer keeps going "offline" Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer keeps going "offline" Windows 11: My printer has worked fine until a month or two. Since then it keeps going offline. I have updated software drivers etc. I need to poke around with troubleshooters etc every time to get it to work. It's then fine for that session but the problem comes back every time i turn...
  5. Printer keeps going "offline" Windows 11

Printer keeps going "offline" Windows 11: My printer has worked fine until a month or two. Since then it keeps going offline. I have updated software drivers etc. I need to poke around with troubleshooters etc every time to get it to work. It's then fine for that session but the problem comes back every time i turn...
  6. Printers keep going offline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printers keep going offline: I have two printers connected to my wi-fi network via a router/modem all in one. They KEEP going offline & I don't know why. When it happens, I either run the built-in Windows troubleshooter or I go and unplug the printer, plug it back up and then it is fine -- the latter...
  7. Printers keep going offline

Printers keep going offline: I have two printers connected to my wi-fi network via a router/modem all in one. They KEEP going offline & I don't know why. When it happens, I either run the built-in Windows troubleshooter or I go and unplug the printer, plug it back up and then it is fine -- the latter...
  8. Printers keep going offline

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Printer going offline

Printer going offline: I have installed two windows 10 computer as server and client Kyocera printers but when the server printer displays warming up or app available,the client computer displays server printer offline.Tried power cycle option 10 or 30 secs but after some time of not printing the...
  10. Printers Keep Going Offline

Printers Keep Going Offline: We're having issues with our printers keep going offline & we're unable to print. This is happening with both of our wireless printers (Brother MFC6930DW & HP T120) indicating this is a problem with Windows 10 Professional & not the printers. If we delete the printers & add...