Windows 10: Printer listed under Other. Won't work.

Discus and support Printer listed under Other. Won't work. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I had my computer worked on and now my printer is listed under "Other". How do I get it under printers so it will work?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by arlenecope, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Printer listed under Other. Won't work.

I had my computer worked on and now my printer is listed under "Other". How do I get it under printers so it will work?

:)

arlenecope, Mar 21, 2020
  2. JohnD Win User

Adding unlisted printer to the Win10 list

!'m not sure how I did it but all seems well now. It was something like Deacon suggested plus a re-boot or two. It's now listed as a printer, not as unspecified.

Printer listed under Other. Won't work. [​IMG]

Update the list still doesn't work.

Thanks for your support.

PS MS's Update catalogue is very useful. E.g. Microsoft Update Catalog

JohnD, Mar 21, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    I have windows 10 and my printer is HP OFFICEJET PRO 8610. My laptop says it is offline What do I do?

Hi Donna,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• Have you installed all pending Windows and driver updates?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to refer the link below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Solved: Printer Offline and HP Support for Windows 10 won't come up - HP Support Community - 5323205

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Mar 21, 2020
  4. Printer listed under Other. Won't work.

Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

Printer listed under Other. Won't work.

1. Printer listed under Other. Won't work. - Similar Threads - Printer listed under

2. Port List Missing from Printer Properties and other printer issues...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Port List Missing from Printer Properties and other printer issues...: So, I know I have fixed this once before, but it was a long time ago and now I can't find anything on this anymore.I'm a network admin for an MSP.Tl;dr - List of ports are missing in printer properties and I can't add or remove printers Error 283Long story:Suddenly, a few...
  3. Port List Missing from Printer Properties and other printer issues...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Port List Missing from Printer Properties and other printer issues...: So, I know I have fixed this once before, but it was a long time ago and now I can't find anything on this anymore.I'm a network admin for an MSP.Tl;dr - List of ports are missing in printer properties and I can't add or remove printers Error 283Long story:Suddenly, a few...
  4. Port List Missing from Printer Properties and other printer issues...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Port List Missing from Printer Properties and other printer issues...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Port List Missing from Printer Properties and other printer issues...

7. Printer won't work

Printer won't work: Canon mx340 printer won't work with new HP Pavilion x360 laptop. I've gone through all steps to add printer etc. Are they not compatible? I'm clueless and frustrated....
  8. printer won't work

printer won't work: error message HP Office Jet 6600 class driver unable to connect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-wont-work/dd2da050-7d28-4da6-8a43-7a29aa507116
  9. HP Printer not working under W10S

HP Printer not working under W10S: A friend just got upgraded?? from Window 10 to W10S. I don't know how or why this happened. Anyway, his HP Office Jet Pro 6968 does not work anymore. Is this printer 10S compatible? I was thinking that perhaps using Services.Msc to change Function Discovery Resource...
  10. Canon Printer listed under Disk drives?

in Windows 10 Support
    Canon Printer listed under Disk drives?: Just a question for you guys, in my device manager my canon printer is listed under Disk drives, USB connection?? Its also listed correctly under printers too. Should I remove it from being listed under disk drives?? or leave it alone? Thanks guys. 19217