Windows 10: Printer lost

Discus and support Printer lost in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Since the last upgrade KB4560960 my comp. doesn't find my printer , apparently I need to delete this upgrade & restart, I cannot find this to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BillPurdie, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Printer lost

Hi, Since the last upgrade KB4560960 my comp. doesn't find my printer , apparently I need to delete this upgrade & restart, I cannot find this to delete/uninstall anywhere, I have looked at the upgrade list which only gives download options. Please help.

I keep getting the same answers that DO NOT help . There must be somewhere I can find an answer to the problem that I can actually follow through & fix . Apparently upgrade KB4567512 will fix it but these have to be downloaded & paid for . I am not happy to do that because it is a Microsoft problem & should be fixed by Microsoft. I can also go to the support site & pay for an answer there , I do not want to do this either because they will probably just give me the same info that I already have.

Someone out there must have a doable solution ?

Regards Bill P.

:)

BillPurdie, Jun 21, 2020

2. Printer lost

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to print labels as you are unable to see the printer.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the Printer?
    • When you say "One of my printers is lost, how can I recover without having to download it again?" is the printer not detected or is it not printing?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps from this article:

Fix printer connection and printing problems in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Printer

Hi Rodrigo,

I am sorry to know that you are having issues with Printer.

What and all steps have you tried so far?

Restart the computer and check.

Also, check for Windows updates.

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Printer lost

Printer

Hi Brenda,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I suggest you to use these steps and check:

• Press Windows/Start key.
    • Type Devices and Printers and then tap or click Devices and Printers.
    • Press and hold or right-click the printer you want to use, and then tap or click
      Set as default printer.
    Let us know if you need more information and we'll be glad to assist.

Navneet Anand, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Printer lost

1. Printer lost - Similar Threads - Printer lost

2. I LOSTE MY DOCUMENT I SEND TO PRINTER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I LOSTE MY DOCUMENT I SEND TO PRINTER: I LOSTE MY DOCUMENT I SEND TO PRINTER, HOW TO FIND THE FILE I SEND FOR PRINTING https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-loste-my-document-i-send-to-printer/72601ca4-898f-4f9f-a0f6-56253c1f6b01
  3. I LOSTE MY DOCUMENT I SEND TO PRINTER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I LOSTE MY DOCUMENT I SEND TO PRINTER: I LOSTE MY DOCUMENT I SEND TO PRINTER, HOW TO FIND THE FILE I SEND FOR PRINTING https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-loste-my-document-i-send-to-printer/72601ca4-898f-4f9f-a0f6-56253c1f6b01
  4. lost printer network after multipul Software upgrades

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost printer network after multipul Software upgrades: Over the last 2 years Win 10 upgraded have corrupted my Network and sharing. Every upgrade i have had to "allow network discovery" Trying to install a new PC. This PC can see the shared printers but on connecting get error 0x000011b. I cant even cross share on the other PC to...
  5. lost printer network after multipul Software upgrades

lost printer network after multipul Software upgrades: Over the last 2 years Win 10 upgraded have corrupted my Network and sharing. Every upgrade i have had to "allow network discovery" Trying to install a new PC. This PC can see the shared printers but on connecting get error 0x000011b. I cant even cross share on the other PC to...
  6. lost printer network after multipul Software upgrades

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Epson LQ-590 printer lost after Win 7HP to Win 10HP upgrade. Reinstalling shows printer but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Epson LQ-590 printer lost after Win 7HP to Win 10HP upgrade. Reinstalling shows printer but...: Hi, I have a very unusual but who knows , hopefully not with my LQ570 printer and look for some genius out there who may have a clue about what is going on!Here is the story:1 I upgraded 2 gateway SX2370 computers from windows 7 home premium to Windows 10 home premium2 On the...
  8. Epson LQ-590 printer lost after Win 7HP to Win 10HP upgrade. Reinstalling shows printer but...

Epson LQ-590 printer lost after Win 7HP to Win 10HP upgrade. Reinstalling shows printer but...: Hi, I have a very unusual but who knows , hopefully not with my LQ570 printer and look for some genius out there who may have a clue about what is going on!Here is the story:1 I upgraded 2 gateway SX2370 computers from windows 7 home premium to Windows 10 home premium2 On the...
  9. Epson LQ-590 printer lost after Win 7HP to Win 10HP upgrade. Reinstalling shows printer but...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Lost an HP printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost an HP printer: Within the last week I updated to the most recent version of Win 10 x64 and updated the firmware and software for my HP 452dn PCL 6 color LaserJet printer which is USB-connected to a different computer on the network wired, router-based. Prior to these changes, all was...