Windows 10: Printer MFC-7860DW

Discus and support Printer MFC-7860DW in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello Is not working. it won't allow me to print... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AmandeepDhillon, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Printer MFC-7860DW

Hello

Is not working. it won't allow me to print

:)

AmandeepDhillon, Dec 3, 2018

2. Printer Status is OFLINE Brother MFC 7860DW

My printer status keeps "defaulting" to OFFLINE. I have searched several threads and there are none that I could see that deal with Windows 10 Pro. In many of the threads there seems to some real dissatisfaction that the solutions offered are too complicated
    for the average user to implement, I count myself in their company.

So, I appeal to the community for a solution to this problem. I use Windows 10 pro, the printer is a Brother MFC 7860DW.

Much appreciated

Denise5000, Dec 3, 2018
  3. Unable to install the Printer drivers on Windows 10

Hi Mala,

Thank you for your response. Here are more detailed information about the issues:

1. I found that the most current printer drivers were installed in Windows 10 on my computer.
    2. The computer (Dell Inspiron 3668 Desktop Computer Windows 10 (64 bit) installed) actually recognizes wireless printers in our office (we are a small non-profit). One of the wireless printers is MFC-7860DW.
    3. We have two MFC-7860DW printers. One is used via wireless and the other is directly connected to one of the computer via USB cable. Our Windows 10 machine can recognize the wireless printer, but not the one with USB.
    4. When I connect MFC-7860DW printer or MFC-7360N printer to the Windows 10 computer with USB, Windows 10 does not recognize those printers.

We have two Windows 10 machines (the same Dell Inspiron 3668 Desktop); and both of them have the same issue of not being able to connect to printers via USB.

Any solutions for this issue?

Best regards,

Kaoru

KaoruWatanabe, Dec 3, 2018
  4. Floppsy70 Win User

Printer MFC-7860DW

Can't get old Brother MFC-7860DW print drivers to uninstall to reinstall with windows 10

Thank you. Printer Troubleshooter really wasn't applicable for me.. What drivers should I remove? I see:

Brother FAX-7860DW Printer

Brother MFC-7860DN Printer

Brother MFC-7860DW Printer

Brother PC-Fax v2.2

Nuance Image Printer Driver

All are X64 for Processor and are Type 3-User Mode.

There are a few others that are Microsoft drivers which I would not feel comfortable removing.

Should I remove all or just one of the Brother drivers?

Also, should the printer be hooked to my Dell PC via my USB cables when I do this removal or not? If/when I remove a driver(s) should the PC be restarted before I attempt to install new W10 compatible software?

Also, should I install just the updated Driver or the entire updated software package and driver on the Brother website as the manufacturer recommends? Finally if/when I download and install the new software/drives, should the printer and PC be connected
    via my USB or not? The reason I ask is that my original Brother instructions for installation says that the printer should be turned off and USB cable not connected to the cable and that you do not connect the USB cable to the printer until a certain screen
    appears in the installation process.

Thank you.

Floppsy70, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

Printer MFC-7860DW

1. Printer MFC-7860DW - Similar Threads - Printer MFC 7860DW

2. installation of driver for wireless connection of Brother MFC-7860DW in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    installation of driver for wireless connection of Brother MFC-7860DW in Windows 11: To the Microsoft community,Does anyone know whether one can install the driver for wireLESS connection of the Brother MFC-7860DW device with Memory Integrity turned ON in Windows 10 or 11? To install the driver and software for USB connection of MFC-7860DW one must choose...
  3. installation of driver for wireless connection of Brother MFC-7860DW in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    installation of driver for wireless connection of Brother MFC-7860DW in Windows 11: To the Microsoft community,Does anyone know whether one can install the driver for wireLESS connection of the Brother MFC-7860DW device with Memory Integrity turned ON in Windows 10 or 11? To install the driver and software for USB connection of MFC-7860DW one must choose...
  4. BROTHER MFC-7860DW not recognized after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BROTHER MFC-7860DW not recognized after Windows 10 update: About 6-12 months ago Window 10 did another update. After the update I could not use my Brother MFC 7860DW printer. I went to Microsoft site and downloaded the most recent full driver set, but for some reason my HP Envy does not show my Brother printer. It is extremely...
  5. Brother Printer MFC-J220

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brother Printer MFC-J220: Brother Printer MFC-J220 still not working and now am getting messages that there's an error in Windows. I was following on from another Brother printer help. Why can't Microsoft send the update to correct this problem. In a way I'm glad I'm not on my own but come on...
  6. MFC-5890CN Printer

MFC-5890CN Printer: My printer will not print, it is saying it is in error mode. How do I get out of error mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mfc-5890cn-printer/d01a9659-c084-4d27-bafb-c664bdf25b81
  7. Brother MFC-465CN Printer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brother MFC-465CN Printer: Hi there, since 2 days ago when Microsoft 365 was updated, I can no longer print but I can still scan. TIA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-mfc-465cn-printer/c38e4789-4843-4cac-9aae-42560fce4134
  8. Brothers MFC-885CW printer

Brothers MFC-885CW printer: I try reconnecting to WIFI with no luck. I tried all trouble shooting methods, to no avail. When I do port configuration it gives me a message that an error occurred during port configuration. Any help would be much appreciated....
  9. MFC-L8900CDW Printer

MFC-L8900CDW Printer: Help!! I just purchased this printer and it will NOT print. First it said it was Off-Line which is was not!! Now it's just saying Error State! How do I fix this? I have a new HP Computer as well with Windows 10 and have been reading that Brother is having issues with...
  10. Brother printer MFC-J6730DW

Brother printer MFC-J6730DW: Loading A3 paper into front of machine tray 2 in portrait position. Detailing landscape print on full page but will only print landscape across A3 page. Have tried to rotate image before print but no change. Please help....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mfc7860dw problem printing win 10

2. mfc7860dw appears as pc-fax v2.2 in windows10

3. unable to add MFC-7860DW to windows 10 pc

4. mfc 7860dw usb connection not working