Windows 10: Printer migration tool for w10 2004

Discus and support Printer migration tool for w10 2004 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. Is there any way to migrate printers using w10 Home 2004? I have downloaded several migration tools (one from here) and none of them seem to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by eLPuSHeR, Jun 22, 2020.

1. eLPuSHeR Win User

Printer migration tool for w10 2004

Hello.

Is there any way to migrate printers using w10 Home 2004?

I have downloaded several migration tools (one from here) and none of them seem to work.

Ideas?

:)

eLPuSHeR, Jun 22, 2020
  2. eLPuSHeR Win User

Hello.

Is there any way to migrate printers using w10 Home 2004?

I have downloaded several migration tools (one from here) and none of them seem to work.

Ideas?

eLPuSHeR, Jun 22, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    What happened to the Printer Migration Tool?

PrintBrmUi.exe (and the other option, printmanagement.msc) appear to only be installed in W10 Pro, not W10 Home. My System One below got the free upgrade to W10 Home in 2015 and has had every upgrade since then. It does not have PrintBrmUi.exe either.

If you had used it previously in Home then you must have added it yourself. Fortunately that seems quite easy to do. You need two files from a W10 Pro system, C:\Windows\System32\PrintBrmUi.exe and C:\Windows\System32\en-US\PrintBrmUi.exe.mui.

You can place these in any folder you like, it doesn't have to be System32. In fact, it's better to put them somewhere else so that a future upgrade won't remove them from System32. The only requirement is that the mui is in an en-US sub-folder of whatever folder you put the .exe in.

Don't have a Pro system handy? Then you can extract the files from the 1909 install media using 7-Zip to open the install.esd as an archive, look in folder 6.

Printer migration tool for w10 2004 [​IMG]

Here I extracted them to C:\Temp and ran it from there.

4. dalchina Win User

dalchina, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Printer migration tool for w10 2004 - Similar Threads - Printer migration tool

2. Migrate W10 to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Migrate W10 to SSD: Dear Sir/MadamHelloCurrently I have two HDD Drives W10 installed on one of them , the second one System image stored on it,Soon I will get another two SSD Drives "SATA or M2" , The question is how to connect both SSD Drives and HDD drives so I can restore system image to a...
  3. Migrate W10 to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migrate W10 to SSD: Dear Sir/MadamHelloCurrently I have two HDD Drives W10 installed on one of them , the second one System image stored on it,Soon I will get another two SSD Drives "SATA or M2" , The question is how to connect both SSD Drives and HDD drives so I can restore system image to a...
  4. Migrate W10 to SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Migration Tool?

Windows Migration Tool?: My 2018 Dell Inspiron 15 5570 is starting to slow down and I was thinking of getting a new computer and I want all of my data to the new one but I don't want to reinstall everything bit by bit, so maybe Microsoft can create a free migration tool. I honestly don't know but...
  6. w10 2004

w10 2004: Non sono riuscito ad installare w10 2004 : Installazione non riuscita su ‎07/‎06/‎2020 - 0x800704c7 Che fare? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-2004/dc206f5b-d795-4e7f-a32e-3c355997af2b
  7. What happened to the Printer Migration Tool?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What happened to the Printer Migration Tool?: I just re-built a win 10 Home PC that was nearly at version 1909. (corruption was the reason for the re-build). I used the PrintBrmUi.exe tool to backup the printer settings, but after a clean re-install of 10 Home 1909, this tool is now missing. The file is supposed to be...
  8. What happened to the Printer Migration Tool?

in Windows 10 Support
    What happened to the Printer Migration Tool?: I just re-built a win 10 Home PC that was nearly at version 1909. (corruption was the reason for the re-build). I used the PrintBrmUi.exe tool to backup the printer settings, but after a clean re-install of 10 Home 1909, this tool is now missing. The file is supposed to be...
  9. Printer Migration tool not working in Windows 10 Home?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Migration tool not working in Windows 10 Home?: I 've already used the printer migration tool with success on Windows 10 Pro to import my old printers drivers from Windows 7. But on Windows 10 Home it does not seem to work. I get a error message : "can not find the file c:\Windows\System32\PrintBrmUi" Is there a...
  10. OS migration tools

OS migration tools: Hi everyone, I bought a new computer with Windows and wonder if there are some tools to move all of my settings, files and applications to a new one. Maybe someone has used any of applications which move all of these things? I heard about PCmover, Zinstall, PCtrans,...