Windows 10: Printer Naming

Discus and support Printer Naming in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I change the names of the printers?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TODDHANSEN1, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Printer Naming

How do I change the names of the printers?

:)

TODDHANSEN1, Sep 19, 2018

2. connecting laptop to Office jet G55 printer

Hi Luisa,

To help you with your concern regarding the printer, let me suggest you to contact the manufacturer for the steps on how to connect your printer to your computer. Please follow the steps on how to contact the manufacturer:

• The name of the OEM + “contact information”
    • The name of the OEM + “PC support”

Regards.

Virfranz Man, Sep 19, 2018
  3. Printer

Hi Rodrigo,

I am sorry to know that you are having issues with Printer.

What and all steps have you tried so far?

Restart the computer and check.

Also, check for Windows updates.

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Sep 19, 2018
  4. Frank C Win User

Printer Naming

Find Printer network name

Hi,
    I am trying to find the network name of my printer to put in a Printer Queue shortcut
    I have tried these with no success.
    C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /o /n HP6CC21747B66E
    C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /o /n HP-Print-AF-Officejet Pro 251dw
    C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /o /n HP47B66E
    I can't find a good suggestion on how to find the printer network name for Windows 10.
    Suggestions?
    Thanks

Frank C, Sep 19, 2018
Thema:

Printer Naming

1. Printer Naming - Similar Threads - Printer Naming

2. We can’t find the Printer, Error 1801, The printer name is invalid

in Windows 10 News
    We can’t find the Printer, Error 1801, The printer name is invalid: [ATTACH]We have noticed that on some occasions, a Windows device fails to connect to the Printer’s network. When trying to connect to the network, Windows gives the following error message. We can’t find the printer you’re trying to install. Check to see if the printer was...
  3. Icons changed and printer name also showing wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons changed and printer name also showing wrong: In my Windows device printer Icons changed and printer name also showing wrong. How do I resolve this issue? I'm new to Windows. There is no issue in my Mac so far...
  4. Icons changed and printer name also showing wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons changed and printer name also showing wrong: In my Windows device printer Icons changed and printer name also showing wrong. How do I resolve this issue? I'm new to Windows. There is no issue in my Mac so far...
  5. Printer incorrect manufacture and model name for Windows

Printer incorrect manufacture and model name for Windows: Version:Windows OS: 10 Pro 22H2Windows OS: 11Detail: I had install the Epson L565 WiFi to our network and I have add printer L565 to my PC which it successful butI has checked the Menufacture / Model and found it incorrect to show name like the picturePrinter is Epson...
  6. Printer incorrect manufacture and model name for Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer incorrect manufacture and model name for Windows: Version:Windows OS: 10 Pro 22H2Windows OS: 11Detail: I had install the Epson L565 WiFi to our network and I have add printer L565 to my PC which it successful butI has checked the Menufacture / Model and found it incorrect to show name like the picturePrinter is Epson...
  7. Printer incorrect manufacture and model name for Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer incorrect manufacture and model name for Windows: Version:Windows OS: 10 Pro 22H2Windows OS: 11Detail: I had install the Epson L565 WiFi to our network and I had printer L565 to my PC which it successful butI has checked the Menufacture / Model and found it incorrect to show name like the picturePrinter is Epson L565Problem...
  8. When I added my printer to my laptop it appeared under the name NPI19325E instead of HP...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I added my printer to my laptop it appeared under the name NPI19325E instead of HP...: When I added my printer to my laptop it appeared under the name NPI19325E instead of HP LaserJet200 Color M251. Why is that and how can I change it?...
  9. When I added my printer to my laptop it appeared under the name NPI19325E instead of HP...

When I added my printer to my laptop it appeared under the name NPI19325E instead of HP...: When I added my printer to my laptop it appeared under the name NPI19325E instead of HP LaserJet200 Color M251. Why is that and how can I change it?...
  10. When I added my printer to my laptop it appeared under the name NPI19325E instead of HP...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware