Windows 10: Printer needs paper

Discus and support Printer needs paper in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Keep getting error message that my printer needs paper, but it has. Followed instructions to restart the printer spooler, but still is receiving the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jeanine Abdul-Jabbaar, Jun 23, 2022.

1. Printer needs paper

Keep getting error message that my printer needs paper, but it has. Followed instructions to restart the printer spooler, but still is receiving the message. Didn't have this problem until I connected my new lap top which has Windows 10. no problem when I had windows 8 on my previous laptop. Not really liking this new Windows. :HELP!!!!!

:)

Jeanine Abdul-Jabbaar, Jun 23, 2022

2. HP 400 Laser Printer-duplex and paper size errors

Hi Norma,

My name is Erik. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

Kind ly see this link for HP-supported paper size:

https://support.hp.com/ph-en/document/c03303423

Try this following steps to fix the issue

Step 1: Adjust the paper size setting

Check the paper size setting to make sure it matches the paper you want to print.

1. In the program, you want to print from, click File, and then click Print.

2. Make sure your printer is in the Name or Printers drop-down list box, and then click Properties, Printer Properties or Preferences, depending on the program options.

3. Click the Paper/Quality tab.

4. Click Advanced, if necessary, and then click Paper Size.

5. Select the paper size that matches the size and type of paper loaded in the printer tray, and then click OK. If there are no matching paper sizes, select the size from the list that is closest to the size of the paper loaded in the tray.

6. Click OK, and then try to print.

If the error message persists, continue to the next step.

Step 2: Check the paper source setting

Remove and reload the paper in the input trays, and then check the paper source setting.

1. Remove all the paper from all the printer input trays.

2. Reload the paper, and then adjust the paper width guides so they gently rest against the edge of the paper stack.

3. In the program, you want to print from, click File, and then click Print.

4. Make sure your printer is in the Name or Printers drop-down list box, and then click Properties, Printer Properties or Preferences, depending on the program options.

5. Click the Paper/Quality tab, and then click Paper Source to select the correct tray.

6. Click OK, and then try to print.

If the error message persists, continue to the next step.

Reset the printer to clear any hardware issues or error states.

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

2. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

3. Wait a minimum of 60 seconds.

4. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

5. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

6. Turn on the printer.

7. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further concerns.

Regards,

Erik

Independent Advisor

EriksonBautista24, Jun 23, 2022
  3. Out of Paper error but printer has paper

Yes to both. The thing is, when this happens, the printer is out of paper. So we replace the paper and all of the Windows 7 machines go "oh, ok, the printer has paper again" and start printing.

Windows 10 though doesn't. It might start printing again in 10-15 min, or it might never until either the PC or printer is restarted. It seems restarting the printer sends out a signal it is good and Win10 acknowledges, but Win10 won't acknowledge the "i
    have paper" signal.

I would like win10 to quit trying to be so smart and just print it. It is a network printer so the server is holding the spooled data anyway if the printer is down. Why is Windows 10 stopping it from printing my jobs?

EdHansWork, Jun 23, 2022
  4. Printer needs paper

Printer says paper jam.... there's no paper in the printer

Hi Barbara,

With regard to your query, the paper may be jammed if the rear cover is not closed completely. Push the rear cover until it is closed. If you are still having this issue, we suggest that you follow these methods below and see it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware and device troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + X keys.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Click on Printer to automatically troubleshoot printer issues.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts..

Method 2: Roller cleaning.

• Press Windows + X keys.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound.
    • Click on Devices and Printers.
    • Select your Printer Device.
    • Under Printer Management, select Display Printer
      Properties.
    • Select Maintenance.
    • Select Roller Cleaning.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Jun 23, 2022
Thema:

Printer needs paper

1. Printer needs paper - Similar Threads - Printer needs paper

2. Printer paper size not available

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer paper size not available: Last week I was able to print on 13x19 paper no problem using my Epson WF7720 printer, however this week the paper size has disappeared from the List of options, I have read many forums and guides on how to solve this issue but none of them work, I have tried creating a new...
  3. printer defaults paper

printer defaults paper: How can I change paper tray defaults? Printer Xerox Versalink C7030 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-defaults-paper/7a2a565e-3661-4091-aecd-838e0e34ab77
  4. printer defaults paper

in Windows 10 Gaming
    printer defaults paper: How can I change paper tray defaults? Printer Xerox Versalink C7030 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-defaults-paper/7a2a565e-3661-4091-aecd-838e0e34ab77
  5. printer defaults paper

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Printer needs paper

Printer needs paper: Keep getting error message that my printer needs paper, but it has. Followed instructions to restart the printer spooler, but still is receiving the message. Didn't have this problem until I connected my new lap top which has Windows 10. no problem when I had windows 8 on my...
  7. Printer needs paper

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer needs paper: Keep getting error message that my printer needs paper, but it has. Followed instructions to restart the printer spooler, but still is receiving the message. Didn't have this problem until I connected my new lap top which has Windows 10. no problem when I had windows 8 on my...
  8. paper jammed in my printer

paper jammed in my printer: paper jam in my printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paper-jammed-in-my-printer/d8c682e2-faf2-4480-8ba7-589d22a8b118
  9. printer paper problem

printer paper problem: Hi recently every time l try to print anything l get a message poping up on my screen Fuji Xeroxprint cm115/118w' has a paper problem l have checked my printer there is no paper jammed any where l've also uninstalled & reinstalled so do you think you can help me or do...
  10. I need a printer paper grade that will fold well as a booklet.

in Windows 10 Support
    I need a printer paper grade that will fold well as a booklet.: I want laser printer to print in booklet form -- 4 pages per sheet of paper. The difficulty I am having is that as the number of sheets of paper goes up, say above three sheets, the manual folds become of poor quality. My laser printer is a Brother MFC8860DN. The paper is...