Windows 10: Printer networking

Discus and support Printer networking in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I have a problem where my office's Konica c308 printer will not connect to only two of the ten computers we have in the office. For the past couple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RJ_42, Jun 1, 2020.

1. RJ_42 Win User

Printer networking

So I have a problem where my office's Konica c308 printer will not connect to only two of the ten computers we have in the office. For the past couple of days I have been trying to trouble shoot it but, have had no luck.

The computers connected just fine to the printer before but something has happened to where they no longer do. They are all up to date and I have installed the latest printer drivers for the printer. I can't manually add the printer in ether using the IP. I used windows troubleshooter and I can find the printer. It says to make it my main printer to fix the problem but, at the end it will say there is a network error and to contact the admin for help. I know they had a guy come in to try to set up a VPN and remount access but, the guy ended up screwing up the network settings. some of the computers could not connect to the network for some time after that. I don't know if that has to do with anything. I'm almost positive it is a windows problem. more information about the network is the it is a server and network switch. The server runs windows server 2016 and the switch is a generic Netgear gigabit switch. Any help would be super helpful and I would appreciate it.

Thank you - RJ

:)

RJ_42, Jun 1, 2020

2. Network Printer NOT RECOGNIZED!

Hi Laura,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Is your printer is connected to wired or wireless network?

• Are you able to view your printer on your network location?
    I would suggest you to try running Printer troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the
      Search
      area on the taskbar.

• Click on View all on the left panel of the Troubleshooting Windows.

• Select Printer.

• Follow the on screen instruction.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jun 1, 2020
  3. Boatvan Win User
    Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Jun 1, 2020
  4. BobBarr Win User

Printer networking

networking a printer

It can be networked through the computer through control panel settings<view installed printers<your printer< share this printer I think is simple way someone else correct me if I'm wrong. Once you do that try connecting on your other comps by adding printer over network.

BobBarr, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

Printer networking

1. Printer networking - Similar Threads - Printer networking

2. My company use cannon ir 2525 in network printer in working other users but one user send...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My company use cannon ir 2525 in network printer in working other users but one user send...: My company use cannon ir 2525 in network printer in working other users but one user send print command not print issue so please provide me solution Regards,Hareshwar Naik...
  3. My company use cannon ir 2525 in network printer in working other users but one user send...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My company use cannon ir 2525 in network printer in working other users but one user send...: My company use cannon ir 2525 in network printer in working other users but one user send print command not print issue so please provide me solution Regards,Hareshwar Naik...
  4. My company use cannon ir 2525 in network printer in working other users but one user send...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Can't get a shared printer to be usable by other users home network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get a shared printer to be usable by other users home network: I have an HP Laserjet M14-M17 PCLmS attached to Lenovo Thinkpad with Windows 7 Pro and shared it to my network home. When viewing devices from other computers, I can see the computer and printer, and try to connect/install it. I get the "Connection to printer on computer then...
  6. Can't get a shared printer to be usable by other users home network

Can't get a shared printer to be usable by other users home network: I have an HP Laserjet M14-M17 PCLmS attached to Lenovo Thinkpad with Windows 7 Pro and shared it to my network home. When viewing devices from other computers, I can see the computer and printer, and try to connect/install it. I get the "Connection to printer on computer then...
  7. Printing to a printer shared by a MAC on network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printing to a printer shared by a MAC on network: I have a MacBook Pro that is connected to 2 printers via USB. I want to print to them to them from a Windows 11 machine on the same network. Prior to a recent update on the MacBook, I was connected to them and printing to them both without any isssues. After a recent...
  8. Printing to a printer shared by a MAC on network

Printing to a printer shared by a MAC on network: I have a MacBook Pro that is connected to 2 printers via USB. I want to print to them to them from a Windows 11 machine on the same network. Prior to a recent update on the MacBook, I was connected to them and printing to them both without any isssues. After a recent...
  9. It seemed that printer update with RPC in Windows 11 Version 22H2 might cause network...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It seemed that printer update with RPC in Windows 11 Version 22H2 might cause network...: At learn.microsoft.com, I have known that RPC connection updates for print in Windows 11 has been available in Windows 11, version 22H2.but there are some issues in connecting shared printers which has been connected in Windows 11, version 22H2 operating system and above.If I...
  10. It seemed that printer update with RPC in Windows 11 Version 22H2 might cause network...

It seemed that printer update with RPC in Windows 11 Version 22H2 might cause network...: At learn.microsoft.com, I have known that RPC connection updates for print in Windows 11 has been available in Windows 11, version 22H2.but there are some issues in connecting shared printers which has been connected in Windows 11, version 22H2 operating system and above.If I...