Windows 10: printer no longer prints from websites, emails or any app

Discus and support printer no longer prints from websites, emails or any app in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; please help, this just happened after a few failed updates, enclosing screenshot...when I click on print it opens up "this pc/documents and ask to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by alenabh, Mar 24, 2019.

1. alenabh Win User

printer no longer prints from websites, emails or any app

please help, this just happened after a few failed updates, enclosing screenshot...when I click on print it opens up "this pc/documents and ask to save as printer file .prn and printer dialogue window closes, this is very bad as printer status is ready and all is well with the printer....not able to upload the screenshot nothin works on the computer any more, system restore fails, update fails printing stopped working ...sick sick sick

:)

alenabh, Mar 24, 2019

2. Windows 10: Problems with printing only 1 page of longer email.

Hi Sarah,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "longer print only one page of a longer email", how exactly are you trying to print the email? Are you trying to print the email logged into through a website browser or through an application?
    • Have you tried to print the email using the same printer through another computer?

Please get back to us with an update on printing email, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 24, 2019
  3. printing attachments in emails

Hi,

For the better clarification of the issue, please answer the following questions:

• Are you getting any error messages while trying to print the emails?

• What happens exactly when you try to print an email?

• Are you able to print any other document?

• How are you accessing emails, through web browser or mail app?

I would suggest you to try printing the emails from a different browser.

If the issue still persist, try the troubleshooting steps in the below article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/...3&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

(Steps applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope you could print the emails after this.

Get back to us for further queries, we will be glad to help you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Mar 24, 2019
  4. Jan123 Win User

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Mar 24, 2019
Thema:

1. printer no longer prints from websites, emails or any app - Similar Threads - printer longer prints

2. Printer no longer prints in color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer no longer prints in color: Using Windows 10, my printer Wireless HP Envoy 4520 no longer will print in color. The printer is old & no longer supported by HP. I can print in color from my tablet but not the desk top computer. Did a windows update do this? I have changed nothing nor installed anything...
  3. Printer no longer prints in color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer no longer prints in color: Using Windows 10, my printer Wireless HP Envoy 4520 no longer will print in color. The printer is old & no longer supported by HP. I can print in color from my tablet but not the desk top computer. Did a windows update do this? I have changed nothing nor installed anything...
  4. Printer no longer prints in color

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Tiny printing from email app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tiny printing from email app.: Suddenly email is not printing actual size; printing very tiny from my att account yahoo. Prints fine from browser but not Windows 10 app. Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tiny-printing-from-email-app/eda2d3a5-160f-4741-9266-f85a192f5ac8
  6. Can't print on any printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't print on any printer: I have a Windows 10 machine (Dell optiplex 9010) Windows 10 Pro V 1903 OS build 18362.535 I am trying to print over USB to - Xerox Phaser 6500N - HP Laserjet M15a Windows will accept a print job and the printer does nothing. For the Xerox, it sits in the queue....
  7. Printer fails to print emails

Printer fails to print emails: Hi Team, I have just upgraded my PC and everything seems OK except I cannot get my printer (HP 5520 series) to print emails. I can print documents and I have tried both Windows trouble shooter and the HP diagnostics (which downloads but seems to stick at approx98%) I have...
  8. Can't print in colour to any printer from any app

Can't print in colour to any printer from any app: Weird issue, I cannot print in colour at all any more. I have tried different printers and printing from different apps, all with the same result, i.e. colour prints in grayscale. I have looked at 'manage your device', 'printer properties' and 'printing preferences' and...
  9. Can't print in colour to any printer from any app

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't print in colour to any printer from any app: Weird issue, I cannot print in colour at all any more. I have tried different printers and printing from different apps, all with the same result, i.e. colour prints in grayscale. I have looked at 'manage your device', 'printer properties' and 'printing preferences' and...
  10. Printer no longer prints any color except on the Print Quality Diagnostic page it worked.>

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Printer no longer prints any color except on the Print Quality Diagnostic page it worked.>: My HP 5540 all in one printer has stopped printing in color. Cartridge shows full. I also had a independent tech company tell me it was the services that have stopped running and needed a manual clean up for $l79.99. Please Advise...