Windows 10: Printer:No print quality setting since the last Windows update?

Discus and support Printer:No print quality setting since the last Windows update? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can no longer select the print quality (e.g. draft etc.) when I open a PDF from Microsoft Edge (previously under "Other settings")... has it been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ollie69, Jun 29, 2020.

1. ollie69 Win User

Printer:No print quality setting since the last Windows update?

I can no longer select the print quality (e.g. draft etc.) when I open a PDF from Microsoft Edge (previously under "Other settings")...

has it been painted or are they hiding somewhere else?

:)

ollie69, Jun 29, 2020
  2. Sing141 Win User

Printer will not print since last windows 10 update.

Since the last windows 10 update I can no longer get my HP Laserjet P4014N printer to print. I was online with HP for over an hour and in the end my printer still did not print. All the printer drivers that should have worked were tried and still no printing.
    and they suggested I contact Microsoft. Anyone have any suggestions?

Sing141, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Jan123 Win User
    Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Printer:No print quality setting since the last Windows update?

Windows 10 Sets Last Printer Used As Default Printer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the printer settings and check if it helps.

• In the search box, type as “settings”.
    • Go to “settings” and select “devices”.
    • Click on “printers and scanners” option on the left hand side.
    • You will find all your printers listed on the screen, below that there is an option
      “Let Windows manage my default printer”.
    • I suggest you to turn “OFF” the option “When turned on, the default printer is the last used printer”.
    • Now check whether you can choose the other printers or not.
    Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

Printer:No print quality setting since the last Windows update?

1. Printer:No print quality setting since the last Windows update? - Similar Threads - Printer print quality

2. Epson printer will not print since last Windows 11 update, any ideas how to sort this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Epson printer will not print since last Windows 11 update, any ideas how to sort this?: Since updating Windows 11 on my laptop, my Epson printer will not print, but laptop can find printer. Documents print from my mobile so I know it is not the printer. Up to date on drivers on printer; up to day on Windows 11....
  3. Epson printer will not print since last Windows 11 update, any ideas how to sort this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Epson printer will not print since last Windows 11 update, any ideas how to sort this?: Since updating Windows 11 on my laptop, my Epson printer will not print, but laptop can find printer. Documents print from my mobile so I know it is not the printer. Up to date on drivers on printer; up to day on Windows 11....
  4. Can't print to pdf since last Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't print to pdf since last Windows 11 update: Since a recent Windows 11 update I can no longer print to pdf. I shows a different type screen than normally did before. The update was just like a week or so ago. The top says Printing to Win32 application-print. It isn't letting the preview of the document to be printed...
  5. Can't print to pdf since last Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't print to pdf since last Windows 11 update: Since a recent Windows 11 update I can no longer print to pdf. I shows a different type screen than normally did before. The update was just like a week or so ago. The top says Printing to Win32 application-print. It isn't letting the preview of the document to be printed...
  6. Brother CW255 Printer not working since last update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brother CW255 Printer not working since last update: Any advice to get my printer working again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brother-cw255-printer-not-working-since-last/590c50dc-c929-4838-96d5-4435bb9e0901
  7. Printer won't print since last Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer won't print since last Windows 10 update: Since the last Windows 10 update installed today 6/10/20, my old but very reliable Brother MFC-240C printer will not print anything! My wife has the same model and same thing is happening with hers. Tried uninstalling and re-installing but did not work. There are no...
  8. printing problem since last update

printing problem since last update: Everything I try to print goes into 'Print to File' mode, even though I made sure that box wasn't ticked in each program I tried to print from. I followed instructions on videos but no luck. So much wasted time!...
  9. Printer will not print since last windows 10 update.

Printer will not print since last windows 10 update.: Since the last windows 10 update I can no longer get my HP Laserjet P4014N printer to print. I was online with HP for over an hour and in the end my printer still did not print. All the printer drivers that should have worked were tried and still no printing. and they...
  10. Font printing issue since last update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Font printing issue since last update: My computer updated last Friday and since then I have been unable to print fonts correctly to the printer. They show correctly in all the software I use and even print correctly to pdf but it's just when I need a hard copy. I tried doing a system restore but it failed and...