Windows 10: Printer not available

Discus and support Printer not available in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; since the latest WIN10 updates I can no longer access my printer on my local network. When running the network troubleshooter it reports: Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by paulharrisWAL, May 15, 2020.

1. Printer not available

since the latest WIN10 updates I can no longer access my printer on my local network.

When running the network troubleshooter it reports:

Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings.

These settings has not changed and are correct.

I also notice that Explorer does not show my other pc that is on the same network.

:)

paulharrisWAL, May 15, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

No printer drive available for Printer under Devices and Printer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you see “No drivers available” for printer under Devices and Printers in Control Panel. However, it would be great if you can help us with the details requested below:

• What is the make and model of the printer?
    • Are you able to print documents using the printer?
    • When you say, “Is this why my fax isn't working” what happens when you try to use fax?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.
    • May I know which update was installed recently? To check go to
      Start >> Settings >> Update & Security >> Windows Update >> View update history.

We would suggest you to check if the drivers are installed on the computer or not. Please refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Printers and see if the printer is listed.

If the printer driver is not installed, we would suggest you to download the drivers from the printer manufacturer’s website and install them.

For more information, see
    Fix printer connection and printing problems in Windows 10

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 15, 2020
  3. Printer

Hi Rodrigo,

I am sorry to know that you are having issues with Printer.

What and all steps have you tried so far?

Restart the computer and check.

Also, check for Windows updates.

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.

Kalpana Shankarappa, May 15, 2020
  4. Printer not available

printer problem: "communication not available"

Hi Yana,

It seems like the user in
    this post
    was helped by slance310's suggestion. Can you try the steps that slance310 lists out and let us know if your issue was resolved?

Austin M [MSFT], May 15, 2020
Thema:

Printer not available

1. Printer not available - Similar Threads - Printer available

2. Apps show Canon printer as available after being uninstalled - Can't reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps show Canon printer as available after being uninstalled - Can't reinstall: Current version of Windows 11 - Problem has been in place for a few weeks now.Originally had problems printing a pdf document that seemed to stop the print spooler. Document prints fine on Windows 10.Even with restarting the spooler I couldn't get anything to print at...
  3. Apps show Canon printer as available after being uninstalled - Can't reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps show Canon printer as available after being uninstalled - Can't reinstall: Current version of Windows 11 - Problem has been in place for a few weeks now.Originally had problems printing a pdf document that seemed to stop the print spooler. Document prints fine on Windows 10.Even with restarting the spooler I couldn't get anything to print at...
  4. Printer driver not available. On install of HP printer and now Brothers printer.

Printer driver not available. On install of HP printer and now Brothers printer.: I tried to install HP printer and kept getting "no driver available". After HP Support worked on it for 5 hours and gave up. I sent the printer back to Amazon. I then purchased a Brothers printer and "print driver not available" again. Has anyone had this problem as well?...
  5. Printer driver not available. On install of HP printer and now Brothers printer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer driver not available. On install of HP printer and now Brothers printer.: I tried to install HP printer and kept getting "no driver available". After HP Support worked on it for 5 hours and gave up. I sent the printer back to Amazon. I then purchased a Brothers printer and "print driver not available" again. Has anyone had this problem as well?...
  6. Microsoft XPS Document Writer v4 not available as printer option on Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft XPS Document Writer v4 not available as printer option on Windows 10 Pro: Hi,I would like to install the Microsoft XPS Document Writer v4 on a PC running Windows 10 Pro. I did this successfully on one PC already as follows:Go to Control Panel Hardware and Sound Devices and PrintersClick "Add a Printer"Click "The printer I want isn't listed"Choose...
  7. Microsoft XPS Document Writer v4 not available as printer option on Windows 10 Pro

Microsoft XPS Document Writer v4 not available as printer option on Windows 10 Pro: Hi,I would like to install the Microsoft XPS Document Writer v4 on a PC running Windows 10 Pro. I did this successfully on one PC already as follows:Go to Control Panel Hardware and Sound Devices and PrintersClick "Add a Printer"Click "The printer I want isn't listed"Choose...
  8. Microsoft XPS Document Writer v4 not available as printer option on Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Printer works and then doesn't; font is available then disappears; video works and then...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer works and then doesn't; font is available then disappears; video works and then...: Windows 11 updates installed. After a complete shutdown and start up my printer works perfectly. Then very soon it no longer works -- until I shut down completely again and start. This happens with fonts one italic font "vanishes" then when I shut down completely and start,...
  10. Printer works and then doesn't; font is available then disappears; video works and then...

Printer works and then doesn't; font is available then disappears; video works and then...: Windows 11 updates installed. After a complete shutdown and start up my printer works perfectly. Then very soon it no longer works -- until I shut down completely again and start. This happens with fonts one italic font "vanishes" then when I shut down completely and start,...