Windows 10: Printer not communicating

Discus and support Printer not communicating in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all! I am a PC enthusiast, I built my PC. I have come across a weird error with my printer. It does communicate with the windows to print... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by greenthingsjump, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Printer not communicating

Hello all!

I am a PC enthusiast, I built my PC. I have come across a weird error with my printer. It does communicate with the windows to print things. I would print a packing slip and pdf format but nothing else. I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. I have checked the connections. Power, pc to printer, printer to pc. It's been marked as default printer. A couple of things I find odd that I cannot figure out. It periodically unmarks itself as default printer. I also get various error's when I click on printer properties in word. Google chrome sends to one note, google docs does nothing not even a printer que and ms word does nothing not even a printer que. Printer and error codes below.

HP Officejet 6000
    Error Codes When clicking print properities in MS Word
    0xb6a365da
    Oxb6606fola

:)

greenthingsjump, Mar 4, 2017

2. Printer not communicating

Managed to sort it out now, seems the driver didn't uninstall fully on previous attempt - reinstalling it did the trick

Thanks anyway

Dancingninjacat, Mar 4, 2017
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Printer not communicating

Hello,

This issue may have occurred due to compatibility issues. For us to help you with this, kindly answer the following questions:

• What is the make and model of your printer driver?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10? To check type in
      winver on the search bar and press Enter.
    • Are you getting an error message whenever you try to print?
    • Have you tried
      installing a driver from Dell
      ?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you check these articles and perform the troubleshooting steps given:

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, Mar 4, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

How is the printer connected to the computer? I've found issues with older printers not maintaining a USB connection when plugged into the USB 3.0 port on a computer while they worked fine on USB 2.0 ports. Myself, I have my HP Officejet and HP LaserJet plugged into the Router via Ethernet cable, quite stable.

Berton, Mar 5, 2017
  5. After looking at web address below it looks like it's going from printer(USB type b) to p desktop(USB type a) into a USB type a 3.0 slot. I know that the USB is colored black on the inside, so it's either 1.0 or 2.0. I've had the printer since 2012 so it's possible its a USB 1.0 Would that make a difference? I'll experiment with Ethernet and different USB cords and slots and update here in a couple of days.

Oh. Also I am no where near the router it would need about 50 feet of Ethernet cord.

Understanding USB Cable Types & Which One to Use

greenthingsjump, Mar 5, 2017
  6. Berton Win User
    Yes, it can make a difference. Haven't seen USB 1.0 ports on a computer in several years, probably 15 or more. Ethernet can use CAT 5 or better cables up to 100 Meters from a Router, a bit more than 300 Feet. USB 2.0 has a limit of 16 Feet unless using an Active cable or maybe Self-Powered Hubs.

Berton, Mar 5, 2017
  7. spunk Win User
    USB 1.1 has not been on computers since the 90's. I'm sure your printer is USB 2.0.
    In Windows 10, It likes to Manage what printer is the Default printer based on the last printer that was used. Unless you change it yourself.
    Go to Start/Devices and Printers. Is there more then one printer on your computer that is no longer in use? If so, right click and Remove them. Now Right click the printer you use and check Set As Default Printer. Windows will ask if you want to stop it from managing which is the default printer, click OK.

spunk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Printer not communicating - Similar Threads - Printer communicating

2. My brothers printer claims the firewall from my desktop and printer are not communicating...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My brothers printer claims the firewall from my desktop and printer are not communicating...: I have a brothers printer MFC-J895DW and I want to scan an item and it states that if scanning is unsuccessful try changing the security function firewall settings to allow this machine and the selected PC to communicate correctly. What I tried I can't figure it out. any help...
  3. My brothers printer claims the firewall from my desktop and printer are not communicating...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My brothers printer claims the firewall from my desktop and printer are not communicating...: I have a brothers printer MFC-J895DW and I want to scan an item and it states that if scanning is unsuccessful try changing the security function firewall settings to allow this machine and the selected PC to communicate correctly. What I tried I can't figure it out. any help...
  4. Communications between the computer and my printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Communications between the computer and my printer: Split from this thread. A recent update for Windows 11, has affected communications between the computer and my printer. I have spoken with Epson and HP and it is nothing on their end that is causing the issue. I have been directed by them to make contact with MS to correct...
  5. Communications between the computer and my printer

Communications between the computer and my printer: Split from this thread. A recent update for Windows 11, has affected communications between the computer and my printer. I have spoken with Epson and HP and it is nothing on their end that is causing the issue. I have been directed by them to make contact with MS to correct...
  6. Printer communication error after windows udate.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer communication error after windows udate.: I am using canon LBP 2900 B Printer. It was working fine for at least 3 years.but after a windows update it keep saying communication error. I have already tried to uninstall and reinstall the driver and printer. Still nothing worked. Printer is working good with another pc....
  7. Printer communication error after windows udate.

Printer communication error after windows udate.: I am using canon LBP 2900 B Printer. It was working fine for at least 3 years.but after a windows update it keep saying communication error. I have already tried to uninstall and reinstall the driver and printer. Still nothing worked. Printer is working good with another pc....
  8. Printer communication error after windows udate.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Application not able to communicate to printer device through IPV6

Application not able to communicate to printer device through IPV6: Hello Community,I am running my application Windows 11 22621.105 German OS. My application communicates to printer connected by LAN using SNMP Protocol. when printer connected through IPV6 my application not responding properly . It works fine when connected through IPV4. Its...
  10. Application not able to communicate to printer device through IPV6

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application not able to communicate to printer device through IPV6: Hello Community,I am running my application Windows 11 22621.105 German OS. My application communicates to printer connected by LAN using SNMP Protocol. when printer connected through IPV6 my application not responding properly . It works fine when connected through IPV4. Its...