Windows 10: printer not functioning

Discus and support printer not functioning in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; dhcppc1 error how to resolve the error? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-not-functioning/a8e7fa14-7727-438a-9166-df957f4fd39b Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RajnikantShah1, Oct 6, 2022.

1. printer not functioning

dhcppc1 error how to resolve the error?

:)

RajnikantShah1, Oct 6, 2022

2. Issues with printer and other Windows functionalities.

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. I would be happy to assist you.

From the description of the issue, I understand that you are facing the following problems.

• Printer issue
    • Certain functionalities of Windows which do not work properly.

Please refer to the below suggested steps for both the issues and see if it helps to resolve the problem

Issue 1

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

a) Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.

b) Click on Troubleshooting
    tab.

c) Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

d) Select the Printers options from the list.

e) Click Next to run the Troubleshooter.

Additionally, also refer to the below link and see if it helps to resolve the problem.

Link: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...4&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Issue 2

Perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Open the Run Command Dialog Box window started as Administrator.
    • Use the following command to repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.
    • Run this command next to employ the System File Checker:
      Sfc /scannow
    • Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Kindly keep us posted on the status of the issue. If it still persists, feel free to write to us and we would be glad to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 6, 2022
  3. Printer

Hi Rodrigo,

I am sorry to know that you are having issues with Printer.

What and all steps have you tried so far?

Restart the computer and check.

Also, check for Windows updates.

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Oct 6, 2022
  4. printer not functioning

Printer Problem

Hi John,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

Please try the below suggestion provided and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run Printer troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting on the search bar and click on
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on print on
      printer Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Advanced on the Printer troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Printer troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist try the below information provided.

Method 2.

In certain cases installing updated driver won’t work, so I suggest you to uninstall the printer driver and then reinstall the latest driver from the manufacturer website in compatibility mode. Follow the steps:

Step 1.

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type devmgmt.msc in the box and hit
      Enter

• Go to Printer queues and uninstall the
      drive
      r.
    Step 2.

• Download the latest printer driver from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 6, 2022
Thema:

printer not functioning

1. printer not functioning - Similar Threads - printer functioning

2. Surface Pro will not recognize multi-function printer as a printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro will not recognize multi-function printer as a printer: One of the Surface Pros in our office will not allow printing to our MFP Sharp MX-3070V. Any time the Surface is connected to the printer, it will only appear as a scanner on the devices menu and is unavailable for printing. We had a similar problem with other Surfaces in our...
  3. Surface Pro will not recognize multi-function printer as a printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro will not recognize multi-function printer as a printer: One of the Surface Pros in our office will not allow printing to our MFP Sharp MX-3070V. Any time the Surface is connected to the printer, it will only appear as a scanner on the devices menu and is unavailable for printing. We had a similar problem with other Surfaces in our...
  4. Printer function not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer function not working: When I send some to print the print page comes up but will only save to file instead of the option to send to the printer. I checked my printer and it is functioning fine. Any thoughts?...
  5. Printer function not working

Printer function not working: When I send some to print the print page comes up but will only save to file instead of the option to send to the printer. I checked my printer and it is functioning fine. Any thoughts?...
  6. KB5025221 breaks brother multi-function printer's document scanner.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    KB5025221 breaks brother multi-function printer's document scanner.: KB5025221 seems to interfere with brother's DCP-L2540DW printer's document scanner functionality. This was confirmed when the functionality was restored after uninstalling KB5025221. I'm pretty sure scanners and copiers are something that is still used in some office...
  7. Update KB5015684 disabled scan function on HP OfficeJet 4650 printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update KB5015684 disabled scan function on HP OfficeJet 4650 printer: Update KB5015684 installed last night 11/14/22 and today the scan function on my printer gave following error "The HP OfficeJet 4650 series was not found". However, printer will print but not scan. Deleted the update and scan function works again. You need to fix this bug....
  8. Update KB5015684 disabled scan function on HP OfficeJet 4650 printer

Update KB5015684 disabled scan function on HP OfficeJet 4650 printer: Update KB5015684 installed last night 11/14/22 and today the scan function on my printer gave following error "The HP OfficeJet 4650 series was not found". However, printer will print but not scan. Deleted the update and scan function works again. You need to fix this bug....
  9. Update KB5015684 disabled scan function on HP OfficeJet 4650 printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Scanning function on printer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scanning function on printer: My laptop has suddenly stopped recognising my printer for scanning, but does not have a problem printing.Is this something to do with an update, and how do I fix it?...