Windows 10: Printer not printing after installation

Discus and support Printer not printing after installation in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, i have windows 10 64bit pro 1903 installed on my computer...i have an HP LaserJet Pro MFP M127fn printer and downloaded the driver+software for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lakshi, Nov 14, 2019.

1. lakshi Win User

Printer not printing after installation

Hello, i have windows 10 64bit pro 1903 installed on my computer...i have an HP LaserJet Pro MFP M127fn printer and downloaded the driver+software for windows 10 64bit and installed on my computer. After installation the printer shows under "printers and scanners" but doesnt print the test page or any other document and the printer shows "idle". I have this pc connected to a network of computers and also connected to other printers on the network and can print on them from my default computer...
    Can anyone help me why i cant print on my installed printer?

:)

lakshi, Nov 14, 2019
  2. Jan123 Win User

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

1. Remove the printer device.
    2. Add a Printer
    3. The printer that I want isn’t listed
    4. Select a shared printer by name
    5. Browse
    6. Select the displayed Machine 1.
    7. Select the displayed Printer.
    8. Next
    9. Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    10. Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    11. Next
    12. Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    13. Detecting TCP/IP Port
    14. Additional Port information required.
    15. Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    16. Next
    17. Detecting the Driver Model
    18. Install The Print Driver
    19. Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    20. Next
    21. Replace the Current Driver
    22. Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    23. Next
    24. Do not share this printer
    25. Next
    26. You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    27. Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Nov 14, 2019
  3. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Nov 14, 2019
  4. Printer not printing after installation

Printer not always printing!

Hi,

Thank you for reply.

I apologize for the inconvenience that you are experiencing.

I suggest you to un-install and re-install printer drivers and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to un-install and re-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type
      “ Device Manager”.

• On the left pane locate
      “Print queues”
      and expand by clicking on it.

• Right on the “printer driver” option and click
      “Uninstall’.

• Restart you PC, once you restart your PC it will automatically install the drivers.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Guru Kiran G, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

Printer not printing after installation

1. Printer not printing after installation - Similar Threads - Printer printing installation

2. installed a new printer but it won't print

in Windows 10 Gaming
    installed a new printer but it won't print: installed new printer but it won't print https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installed-a-new-printer-but-it-wont-print/ba7932ee-38ce-41d4-91da-4f4005b61f61
  3. installed a new printer but it won't print

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    installed a new printer but it won't print: installed new printer but it won't print https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installed-a-new-printer-but-it-wont-print/ba7932ee-38ce-41d4-91da-4f4005b61f61
  4. Printer won't print after installing Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer won't print after installing Windows 11: My HP Envy 5055 All-in-One printer won't print after installing Windows 11. Can anyone help me? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-wont-print-after-installing-windows-11/8284b839-4c0b-441e-93df-a0f7939d5117
  5. Printer won't print after installing Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer won't print after installing Windows 11: My HP Envy 5055 All-in-One printer won't print after installing Windows 11. Can anyone help me? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-wont-print-after-installing-windows-11/8284b839-4c0b-441e-93df-a0f7939d5117
  6. Printers Installed but Won't Print

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printers Installed but Won't Print: I've got a PC running Windows 10 that won't print no matter what printer is connected. The printer is shown in Devices and Printers without any errors but when I try to print anything I get the message saying the job has been sent to the printer but apart from the printer...
  7. Printers Installed but Won't Print

in Windows 10 Support
    Printers Installed but Won't Print: I've got a PC running Windows 10 that won't print no matter what printer is connected. The printer is shown in Devices and Printers without any errors but when I try to print anything I get the message saying the job has been sent to the printer but apart from the printer...
  8. Brother printer not printing after windows 10 install

Brother printer not printing after windows 10 install: Recently istalled Windows 10. I have a bRother MFC-5890CN printer that worked perfectly with Windows 7. I've uninstalled the software and intalled new and during start up got the messages "Installing new softeware" and " Brother MFC-5890CN is installed and ready for ue. I...
  9. print problems after installing Epson printer.

print problems after installing Epson printer.: Does anybody have any idea why when I try to print after installing an Epson stylus PHOTO RX640 on my laptop it keeps going into a save as file mode and will not let me print....
  10. Printer won't print after installing Windows 10

Printer won't print after installing Windows 10: After I installed windows 10 my printer won't print. It shoots out the paper but it is blank. I checked and all the drivers are up too date. I use a Canon MX860 All in one. It worked fine on Vista, 7 & 8. Thanks Russ. 21270