Windows 10: Printer not printing giving option to print in color once updated to Windows 11

Discus and support Printer not printing giving option to print in color once updated to Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I do not have the option to print in color or print on both sides since I updated to Windows 11. I read a thread which said that it could be a driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JashiraJackson, Jan 25, 2022.

1. Printer not printing giving option to print in color once updated to Windows 11

I do not have the option to print in color or print on both sides since I updated to Windows 11. I read a thread which said that it could be a driver issue. How would I know what driver to change it too?

:)

JashiraJackson, Jan 25, 2022

2. access color printing options for printer

Hello Frank,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that the images printed in Windows are in black and white format.

To be able to assist you better, let us know if you are able to print documents in other formats in color format.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to open the Print dialog box in Windows to access the settings for color profiles used in printer.

• Use the keyboard shortcuts Windows Logo + R to open the Run Command Dialog box
    • Type in the command: shellPrinter not printing giving option to print in color once updated to Windows 11 :printersFolder
    • Right-clicking on the printer and open the printer preferences, where you can choose options such as paper size and layout.

• Select Print color which gives you options for Color or black-and-white (grayscale) prints.

Write to us with the updated information. If you need further assistance, we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 25, 2022
  3. Printer will not print color

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties that you are unable to print in color. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed? (Type winver
      in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • What is the model number of the Printer?
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer (Wired/Wireless)?

Let us try a few steps and check.

Method 1: Run Printer Troubleshooter

1. Click on Start button and then Settings .
    2. Click on UpdateandSecurity and then click on
      Troubleshoot.
    3. Run the troubleshooter for Printer.

Method 2: Update Printer Driver.

We would suggest you to connect the printer to the PC as wired connection, then download and install the
    Firmware & Software Utility driver from HP website.

Method 3: Check Printer preferences.

1. In the software application you are trying to print from, click File, and then click Print.

The Print window opens.
    2. Open the Properties dialog box.

Depending on the software application, the button might be Properties, Options, Printer Setup, Printer, or Preferences.
    3. Depending on your print job, you might consider modifying the following settings:
      • Black and White: If you want to print in black and white only, select the grayscale option.
    4. ​After selecting the print settings, click OK to apply the settings, and then click Print.

You may check: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04648194

Method 4: HP Print and Scan Doctor

We would suggest you to use HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows as
    this will fix printing and scanning problems with HP Print and Scan Doctor, a free tool for Windows.

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 25, 2022
  4. Printer not printing giving option to print in color once updated to Windows 11

Print in color

I've tried this'

but there is no print color to choose!

Change the bellow settings to print in color.

1. Open Devices and Printers by clicking the Start button , and then, on the Start menu, clicking Devices and Printers.
    2. Right-click the printer that you want to use, and then click Printing preferences.
    3. Make your choices, and then click OK.
    4. Under option Print color select color , then the OK button.

ChristinaTracy1, Jan 25, 2022
Thema:

Printer not printing giving option to print in color once updated to Windows 11

1. Printer not printing giving option to print in color once updated to Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Printer printing giving

2. printer not printing colored

in Windows 10 Gaming
    printer not printing colored: I just purchased a new printer HP officejet 3830 won't print color. I don't know why and I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-not-printing-colored/e8b890c2-3a18-41b9-aa02-ac0320f08e3e
  3. printer not printing colored

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    printer not printing colored: I just purchased a new printer HP officejet 3830 won't print color. I don't know why and I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-not-printing-colored/e8b890c2-3a18-41b9-aa02-ac0320f08e3e
  4. printer not printing colored

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Printer not printing giving option to print in color once updated to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer not printing giving option to print in color once updated to Windows 11: I do not have the option to print in color or print on both sides since I updated to Windows 11. I read a thread which said that it could be a driver issue. How would I know what driver to change it too?...
  6. Printer will not print color

Printer will not print color: I have a refurbished HP desktop and an old HP printer that until three hours ago, worked fine. Suddenly, the printer prints, but only in black and white. I've cleaned cartridges and taken the desktop and printer apart and put it all back together. Troubleshooting says...
  7. printer not printing in color

printer not printing in color: I have HP laptop & HP Printer series Deskjet 2650, I'm running Windows 10. The printer is not printing in color a monthly schedule I am printing from a website. I apply color in printer settings and it only prints B&W. I want to be able to print color....
  8. Printer not printing in color

Printer not printing in color: HP Office jet - will not print in color, has full cartridges. removed and reinstalled - not fixed All of the office files are not printing in color. By the way - it will print in color from an iPad. I think it is a Windows issue- HELP...
  9. Printer not printing color!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printer not printing color!: I have an unusual problem? When I print from any App on the HP Pavilion 550-275na it prints in grey scale. If I go to the HP Smart app and do a quality check printout it prints in color? I have also printed from my phone an that prints color OK. I also printed from my iPad...
  10. printer not print in color

printer not print in color: 1 I have a new wireless hp Officejet 3830 working with my lenova ideapad, with most recent windows update on it 2 My printer will only print in B & W/ greyscale, even when document on screen has color on it 3 It will print in color when a document is placed on the screen,...