Windows 10: Printer not printing thru wifi or direct connection to laptop

Discus and support Printer not printing thru wifi or direct connection to laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; laptop and printer were communicating thru wifi but no longer. I wired printer to laptop directly and still unable to print. Please help, thank... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JamesBurns_829, May 17, 2020.

1. Printer not printing thru wifi or direct connection to laptop

laptop and printer were communicating thru wifi but no longer. I wired printer to laptop directly and still unable to print.

Please help, thank you....

:)

JamesBurns_829, May 17, 2020
  2. tehghey Win User

Cannot connect Win 10 PC to printer with WiFi Direct

Hello. I installed a HP printer model M402dw and turned on WiFi Direct mode. I am able to connect to the printer enough to see it in the WiFi connections list as well as in Available Devices when I try to Add Printer.

I am able to add the printer, send documents, and print with two Windows 7 machines. The process was smooth and easy.

When I try to Add Printer on the Windows 10 machine it asks for a WSP PIN. The printer even receives the signal that the computer is trying to connect via WiFi Direct and shows a PIN on its little LCD screen. When I enter the PIN into the box on the PC, it just sits and spins. Eventually the printer times out and gives up and then a while later Windows also gives up and says "That didn't work. Try again...blah blah...or contact the device manufacturer...etc." And when I click OK to close the window a box pops up with "The argument is invalid."

Can anyone please tell me how to get this to work? Thanks.

tehghey, May 17, 2020
  3. AllanP Win User
    Laptop won't print but PC will

Thanks Jimbo will try your suggestion when I get my PC going again (waiting for motherboard).

AllanP, May 17, 2020
  4. fafa21 Win User

Printer not printing thru wifi or direct connection to laptop

sharing a printer through wifi connection

I'm trying to share a printer (canon mp730) through a wifi network. My computer (windows vista) is connected to the printer directly. The other computer is windows xp.

When I'm working on the xp machine and press "print", it opens a dialog box and form there I select "find printer". When I click on that, it shows me the printer connected to the Vista machine select print, I get a warning message saying "you are about to install a printer driver on your machine...blah blah". I click "yes" on that and then get a message saying that the server for the printer does not have the correct printer driver installed. What to do? It seems like I've got the latest driver for the mp730 installed on both machines.

fafa21, May 17, 2020
Thema:

Printer not printing thru wifi or direct connection to laptop

1. Printer not printing thru wifi or direct connection to laptop - Similar Threads - Printer printing thru

2. Wifi direct printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi direct printer: Before the new update that happened recently, it was nice and easy to find a printer that uses wifi direct. Now I keep trying to find where I can find a printer with wifi direct, and I can't find it. Where can I find those printers?...
  3. Wifi direct printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi direct printer: Before the new update that happened recently, it was nice and easy to find a printer that uses wifi direct. Now I keep trying to find where I can find a printer with wifi direct, and I can't find it. Where can I find those printers?...
  4. Can't Print to WiFi Connected Printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't Print to WiFi Connected Printer: My laptop has been able to print to my Canon TS8100 printer for ages. However, now it refuses, and says it's offline, which it isn't. When I try to print, I get the standard "Printer is offline" box displayed. I am on the same WiFi network as the printer. I've rebooted my...
  5. Cant Install a Wifi Direct Printer

Cant Install a Wifi Direct Printer: Hi Guys I have an HP Pavillion x 360 Convertible 14-dh1 computer with windows 10 and a HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M476 PCL 6 printer. I want to conect my computer to my printer using Wifi Direct Printing. My wifi direct is already setup in the printer. My computer just...
  6. microsoft print to pdf cannot select "print directly to the printer"

microsoft print to pdf cannot select "print directly to the printer": microsoft print to pdf cannot select "print directly to the printer", it's grey https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-print-to-pdf-cannot-select-print/dd76e585-e8d5-41ae-836a-160aa4bfd0d8
  7. Connect to Internet over LAN, but print to Wifi Printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connect to Internet over LAN, but print to Wifi Printer: I have a interesting situation. We work in a large building where I lease a smaller office space. Internet is provided to all of my 4 employees but we are not connected on one "Private" network . The building provides internet thru wired NIC. So we are unable to share...
  8. print direct to printer not available over a network

print direct to printer not available over a network: My old Epson dot printer when connected locally has horizontal white lines if the spooler is engaged. When I set it to print directly to printer it works perfectly. Now I want to connect it to a home network and when I do it prints to spooler and the white lines are back....
  9. New wifi connection, Epson printer won't print!

New wifi connection, Epson printer won't print!: I'm using a Lenovo ideapad 320 and have an Epson Stylus Office BX630FW running Windows 10. I've just changed to a new personal mifi box and can't get the printer to work. Both the laptop and the printer are connected to the same network and I've tried reinstalling the...
  10. Cannot connect Win 10 PC to printer with WiFi Direct

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot connect Win 10 PC to printer with WiFi Direct: Hello. I installed a HP printer model M402dw and turned on WiFi Direct mode. I am able to connect to the printer enough to see it in the WiFi connections list as well as in Available Devices when I try to Add Printer. I am able to add the printer, send documents, and...