Windows 10: Printer Not Recognized by Windows After Upgrade 7 to 10

Discus and support Printer Not Recognized by Windows After Upgrade 7 to 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Getting pretty frustrated by now, but thought I'd try here first to get help. Upgrade went okay, even though plenty of programs won't work now. Being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jeff Peterman1, Feb 4, 2023.

1. Printer Not Recognized by Windows After Upgrade 7 to 10

Getting pretty frustrated by now, but thought I'd try here first to get help. Upgrade went okay, even though plenty of programs won't work now. Being forced to do this; not a fan.Have an HP LaserJet P1102w and an HP desktop computer. The printer is listed as there, I upgraded the driver from HP, but even though I can get to the prompt to print and it says its okay, nothing gets to the printer.Any further suggestions would be very helpful.Jeff

:)

Jeff Peterman1, Feb 4, 2023

2. How can I get Windows 10 to recognize an Unspecified Device as a Printer?

I have installed a DYMO printer, but it is not listed as a printer but only as an Unspecified Device. How can I get Windows 10 to recognize an Unspecified Device as a Printer? All printer troubleshooting steps require it to be listed as a Printer, and
    all Help solutions assume that it can be recognized as a printer.

Shesabigdork, Feb 4, 2023
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 4, 2023
  4. Mussels Win User

Printer Not Recognized by Windows After Upgrade 7 to 10

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Feb 4, 2023
Thema:

Printer Not Recognized by Windows After Upgrade 7 to 10

1. Printer Not Recognized by Windows After Upgrade 7 to 10 - Similar Threads - Printer Recognized Upgrade

2. Printer Not Recognized by Windows After Upgrade 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Not Recognized by Windows After Upgrade 7 to 10: Getting pretty frustrated by now, but thought I'd try here first to get help. Upgrade went okay, even though plenty of programs won't work now. Being forced to do this; not a fan.Have an HP LaserJet P1102w and an HP desktop computer. The printer is listed as there, I upgraded...
  3. Printer Not Recognized by Windows After Upgrade 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer Not Recognized by Windows After Upgrade 7 to 10: Getting pretty frustrated by now, but thought I'd try here first to get help. Upgrade went okay, even though plenty of programs won't work now. Being forced to do this; not a fan.Have an HP LaserJet P1102w and an HP desktop computer. The printer is listed as there, I upgraded...
  4. Windows 7 Copy Not Recognized As Valid After Hard Drive Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Copy Not Recognized As Valid After Hard Drive Upgrade: I have an OEM copy of Windows 7. I had installed it on my computer some time ago, but the old hard drive was beginning to fail, so I purchased an SSD and reinstalled it on that. But whenever I try to activate the copy with the automatic phone service it doesn't recognize my...
  5. Windows 7 Copy Not Recognized As Valid After Hard Drive Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 Copy Not Recognized As Valid After Hard Drive Upgrade: I have an OEM copy of Windows 7. I had installed it on my computer some time ago, but the old hard drive was beginning to fail, so I purchased an SSD and reinstalled it on that. But whenever I try to activate the copy with the automatic phone service it doesn't recognize my...
  6. Printer Not Working after upgrading to Windows 10

Printer Not Working after upgrading to Windows 10: I have a dell printer and desktop,after upgrading to windows 10 printer will not work anymore. I have done all humanly possible including running original disk for my printer. Would love a fix for this,after all we are the ones buying the Windows/Microsoft/Computers products....
  7. Slow printer after windows 10 upgrade

Slow printer after windows 10 upgrade: Ever since my computer did a windows 10 upgrade, my printer prints extremely slow. I have done all the diagnostics multiple times and it still will not print at a normal speed. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. According to the printer website and diagnostics my printer is...
  8. Windows 10 not recognizing printer

Windows 10 not recognizing printer: Hi, Bought a new Acer computer with windows 10 that will not recognize my Canon MF4150 printer. Old computer had 10 on it and printer worked fine. I've added new drivers, and done everything I could find for advise but nothing works. Canon's website says the printer...
  9. Windows 10 not recognizing network printers

Windows 10 not recognizing network printers: This is the problem: whenever I bring my laptop computer turned on (sleep mode or totally on) into my office, automatically detecting my workgroup at the office and connecting to it, and send a document to print, windows sends the message saying that the printer is offline,...
  10. Printer problem after Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printer problem after Windows 10 upgrade: After Windows 10 upgrade my computer "mysteriously" connected to Public and can't use Printer now. Trying to reset to private. How do I do that? Is that a connect solution? Will private setting stop SPAM?...