Windows 10: Printer not recognized

Discus and support Printer not recognized in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I install an old printer on a new Windows 10 ThinkPad? The printer is an HP LaserJet 2200. Windows can't find it, even when I tell it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AnneGardner1, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Printer not recognized

How do I install an old printer on a new Windows 10 ThinkPad? The printer is an HP LaserJet 2200. Windows can't find it, even when I tell it to search for an older printer.

:)

AnneGardner1, Jul 7, 2019

2. How can I get Windows 10 to recognize an Unspecified Device as a Printer?

I have installed a DYMO printer, but it is not listed as a printer but only as an Unspecified Device. How can I get Windows 10 to recognize an Unspecified Device as a Printer? All printer troubleshooting steps require it to be listed as a Printer, and
    all Help solutions assume that it can be recognized as a printer.

Shesabigdork, Jul 7, 2019
  3. Network Printer NOT RECOGNIZED!

Hi Laura,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Is your printer is connected to wired or wireless network?

• Are you able to view your printer on your network location?
    I would suggest you to try running Printer troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the
      Search
      area on the taskbar.

• Click on View all on the left panel of the Troubleshooting Windows.

• Select Printer.

• Follow the on screen instruction.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jul 7, 2019
  4. Printer not recognized

Printer

Hi Rodrigo,

I am sorry to know that you are having issues with Printer.

What and all steps have you tried so far?

Restart the computer and check.

Also, check for Windows updates.

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jul 7, 2019
Thema:

Printer not recognized

1. Printer not recognized - Similar Threads - Printer recognized

2. Surface Pro will not recognize multi-function printer as a printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro will not recognize multi-function printer as a printer: One of the Surface Pros in our office will not allow printing to our MFP Sharp MX-3070V. Any time the Surface is connected to the printer, it will only appear as a scanner on the devices menu and is unavailable for printing. We had a similar problem with other Surfaces in our...
  3. Surface Pro will not recognize multi-function printer as a printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro will not recognize multi-function printer as a printer: One of the Surface Pros in our office will not allow printing to our MFP Sharp MX-3070V. Any time the Surface is connected to the printer, it will only appear as a scanner on the devices menu and is unavailable for printing. We had a similar problem with other Surfaces in our...
  4. Why won't Windows 11 recognize my printer as a scanning device?

Why won't Windows 11 recognize my printer as a scanning device?: I set up a Canon MF753cdw printer with my Windows 11 pc. When I view the printer in printers and scanners, I don't have an option to scan. When I try to add devices, no scanner appears. How do I enable scanning on this device?...
  5. Why won't Windows 11 recognize my printer as a scanning device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't Windows 11 recognize my printer as a scanning device?: I set up a Canon MF753cdw printer with my Windows 11 pc. When I view the printer in printers and scanners, I don't have an option to scan. When I try to add devices, no scanner appears. How do I enable scanning on this device?...
  6. my computer does not recognize the printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer does not recognize the printer: my computer does not recognize the printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-does-not-recognize-the-printer/602243fe-3efa-4d92-81a3-749c5c697f1c
  7. my computer does not recognize the printer

my computer does not recognize the printer: my computer does not recognize the printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-does-not-recognize-the-printer/602243fe-3efa-4d92-81a3-749c5c697f1c
  8. Computer will not recognize printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer will not recognize printer: Running Windows 10. Printer is HP DeskJet 750C+. I have drivers from Windows 7. HP didn't update to Windows 10. Printer has worked in the past with these older drivers. Problem is I can't get the computer to recognize the plotter. If I can do that, I can install the drivers I...
  9. Computer will not recognize printer

Computer will not recognize printer: Running Windows 10. Printer is HP DeskJet 750C+. I have drivers from Windows 7. HP didn't update to Windows 10. Printer has worked in the past with these older drivers. Problem is I can't get the computer to recognize the plotter. If I can do that, I can install the drivers I...
  10. Computer will not recognize printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer not detecting epson printer

2. why is my computer not recognizing my epson printer

3. windows not recognizing printer as a printer