Windows 10: Printer not showing up in devices and printers

Discus and support Printer not showing up in devices and printers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My printer does not show up in Devices and Printers. However, when I print from my applications, I can find the printer and it works fine. I want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Momo_54, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Momo_54 Win User

Printer not showing up in devices and printers

My printer does not show up in Devices and Printers. However, when I print from my applications, I can find the printer and it works fine. I want to make my printer the default printer, but have no way to do that. Can you help?

:)

Momo_54, Nov 14, 2019

2. New Printer Not Showing in Devices & Printers (But Does Show in Device Manager)

Now I have no printers and Devices and Printers at all, not even a banner (but it still shows in Device Manager).

I have uninstalled all the new Brother printer driver & utilities programs (again) and rebooted (again). I also turned off MS XPS print services from Programs and Features, just in case. In Device Manager, I clicked ‘Show hidden devices’ and found
    three instances of the old printer plus the old Prolific Parallel – USB adapter cable (now returned & refunded). All these were ghosted out but I uninstalled all of them anyway.

I checked ‘spooling’ in ‘Services’ and this is set to ‘Automatic’ (and is ‘Running’).

These posts did not help:

1)

Windows 10 - Epson C88+ not showing in devices and printers

Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to update the drivers for printer in Device Manager:

• Right click on Start button and select
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Print queues, right click on the drivers and click on
      Update driver software.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Step 2: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter
    Step 3: I suggest you to run Printer troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel, select
      Category and then select Large or Small icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View all in the left pane.
    • Select Printer and follow on-screen instructions.

2)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/17420/windows-printer-problems

= ‘Fix printer problems’ on MS Support

I do not understand why I’m having so many problems but am desperate for help – please!

Chris

ChrisOfTheOT, Nov 14, 2019
  3. keakar Win User
    Printer advice

hp printers have the most expensive ink of all printers, the most economical is cannon and epson so i suggest if you looking to keep costs down look at those brands.

that being said it may not have the best print quality if it uses less costly ink.

if keeping cost down is the most important then shop in reverse, find a brand that has cheap replacement ink cartridges then see what printers they are used on. then from that list look to see if you like any of those printers and if they are affordable to you, if not then select another ink cartridge and look at the printers that those are used on. this method will give you the most affordable printer and the cheapest cost of replacement ink.

personally i use the refillable ink cartridges like these: http://www.inkproducts.com/ink-store/catalog/Our-Epson-Refill-Kits-orderby0-p-1-c-4.html

keakar, Nov 14, 2019
  4. Printer not showing up in devices and printers

Windows 10 networked printers not showing in Devices and Printers

New Windows 10 - not an upgrade. I have installed 3 networked printers. If I go to Devices and Printers, they are not listed. Some local printers are listed: Fax, Microsoft Print to PDF, Send to OneNote 2016.

However, if I open Wordpad and select print, I can choose the network printers and I'm able to print to the printer. If I look under Print Queues in Device Manager, the local printers are listed.

In the registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers, the networked printers are listed.
    Any way to get them to show in the Devices and Printers applet?

Cardinal_Biggles, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

Printer not showing up in devices and printers

1. Printer not showing up in devices and printers - Similar Threads - Printer showing devices

2. Printer in device list wont show up in printer list for printing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printer in device list wont show up in printer list for printing.: I successfully add my bluetooth printer to the printer list, and it shows up in the scanner app, but it wont show up as a printer for any of the apps that print, or in any of the other management lists....
  3. Printer in device list wont show up in printer list for printing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer in device list wont show up in printer list for printing.: I successfully add my bluetooth printer to the printer list, and it shows up in the scanner app, but it wont show up as a printer for any of the apps that print, or in any of the other management lists....
  4. Printer in device list wont show up in printer list for printing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Printers showing in Printers & Devices, but not showing in Applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printers showing in Printers & Devices, but not showing in Applications: We have domain users logging in with a roaming profile.Frequently users log in and have their saved printers showing in Printers & Devices, but when they open Word, Chrome, etc. the printers do not show up. If they remove and add the printer, it will show up in...
  6. Printers showing in Printers & Devices, but not showing in Applications

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printers showing in Printers & Devices, but not showing in Applications: We have domain users logging in with a roaming profile.Frequently users log in and have their saved printers showing in Printers & Devices, but when they open Word, Chrome, etc. the printers do not show up. If they remove and add the printer, it will show up in...
  7. printer will not show in devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    printer will not show in devices: I connected a HP 1012 and it shows up under bluetooth but not in printing devices. When I try to add a printer it asks me to sign. When I do I get this error. Request Id: 295fcef3-143f-498f-9831-4fae18c14d00 Correlation Id: 515b26c1-374a-4b30-b55b-c61e117f76a1...
  8. Windows 10 networked printers not showing in Devices and Printers

Windows 10 networked printers not showing in Devices and Printers: I accidently uninstalled all printers in the spool from devmgmt i restarted the spool print with no luck , restart my windows 10 , same problem ?...
  9. Printer doesn't show in printer list; but it does show in devices and printers and I...

Printer doesn't show in printer list; but it does show in devices and printers and I...: As above. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-doesnt-show-in-printer-list-but-it-does/1da057e9-1ad3-4ce7-9c82-89c158686fe2
  10. Printer Not showing up in Devices in settings

Printer Not showing up in Devices in settings: I had a printer that was not functioning properly, so I removed it, planning to reinstall. When I tried to reinstall the drivers, it said the drivers were already there, and recommended using them. I clicked ok. The printer never showed up in my list of printers. I tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. epson 3880not recognized after windows 10 1909 update