Windows 10: Printer not working after latest Windows 10 update

Discus and support Printer not working after latest Windows 10 update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After running a Window 10 update my Brother HL-4040CDN printer no longer prints. I checked with Brother and they said the issue is with the update.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HenrySzczypiorkowski, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Printer not working after latest Windows 10 update

After running a Window 10 update my Brother HL-4040CDN printer no longer prints. I checked with Brother and they said the issue is with the update. Can anyone provide a fix or workaround. Thanks

:)

HenrySzczypiorkowski, Jun 11, 2020

2. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Jun 11, 2020
  4. Printer not working after latest Windows 10 update

Printer not working

Hi Terry,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

How have you connected the printer to your computer? Is it wired or wireless connection?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Mouse, Touchpad and Printer drivers check if it works for you.
    Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Follow the same steps to uninstall Mouse and Printer drivers.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset, touchpad and Printer drivers.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Giridhar J, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

Printer not working after latest Windows 10 update

1. Printer not working after latest Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Printer working latest

2. Printer stopped working with latest Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printer stopped working with latest Windows update: I have an Epson 2650 that was working fine yesterday. Updated to the new Windows Update and the new update that rolled out afterward to evidently fix some other issues from the new update. Now the printer will not work at all. Have tried removing printer and readding,...
  3. Printer Problems after Latest Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Problems after Latest Update: On 1/13/2021, I got a message that I needed to restart my computer after updates KB4535680 & KB4598229 were automatically downloaded. Today I tried to print something & discovered that the Canon printer was no longer listed & the HP Envy printer stopped printing in color....
  4. Brother Printer not working with Latest Windows Update

Brother Printer not working with Latest Windows Update: Windows 10 version 10.0.19042 build 19042 Feature update version 20H, Lenovo Laptop. Brother MFC J985DW. Tried the various out-of-band work arounds, none work and most won't install. This is ridiculous. HELP!! My printer is only 3 years old....
  5. printer not working after windows 10 update

printer not working after windows 10 update: I just down loaded the latest windows 10 upgrade and my printer stopped working printing from the pc I have an HP 700*430qe computer, 12gb ram, 64 bit operation system, windows home 10, version 2004, updated 6/13/2020 windows feature experience pack 120.2202.130.0. I have a...
  6. printer not working after windows 10 update

printer not working after windows 10 update: I just down loaded the latest windows 10 upgrade and my printer stopped working printing from the pc I have an HP 700*430qe computer, 12gb ram, 64 bit operation system, windows home 10, version 2004, updated 6/13/2020 windows feature experience pack 120.2202.130.0. I have a...
  7. BROTHER PRINTER NOT WORKING WITH LATEST UPDATE KILLED IT...

BROTHER PRINTER NOT WORKING WITH LATEST UPDATE KILLED IT...: I have a Brother DCP-195C printer. The printer is a little old but it is supposed to have a windows 10 driver. It was working fine until you released the latest feature update 2004.. Now the printer says error with driver. Installing from brother the driver..it shows as...
  8. Problem with printer after the latest update

Problem with printer after the latest update: The last Windows 10 update (1903) resulted in my printer stopped working and I cannot manage it via Printers anymore . The Manage button comes to nothing. Is it an update bug?...
  9. Printer Problems after Windows 10 latest update.

Printer Problems after Windows 10 latest update.: I have been using a HP LaserJet 3050 for more than 10 years. Worked fine until about 2 weeks ago after an update was pushed out to me. I have tried everything to get this printer back up and working and finally got it to print this morning. Problem is it didn't print what I...
  10. Printers won't work on latest Windows 10

Printers won't work on latest Windows 10: No printers will work on my computer after the large Windows 10 update about a month ago. I've been trying to fix the problem for about a month with an HP wireless printer, Model D 110 and now I just loaded a Canon MG250. Both say they are ready to print and I can't...