Windows 10: Printer not working after RDP logoff

Discus and support Printer not working after RDP logoff in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have Windows Server 2016 working as a print server for networked printers. The remote PC (Windows 10) has the printer and driver installed, and works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by B_Skinner, Aug 7, 2019.

1. B_Skinner Win User

Printer not working after RDP logoff

I have Windows Server 2016 working as a print server for networked printers. The remote PC (Windows 10) has the printer and driver installed, and works perfectly....until it is connected to from a 2nd PC (Windows 7) through RDP. During the remote session, the Win7 PC can print to the printers on the Win10 PC via redirection, but when the session is closed, and the user goes to the physical Win10 PC, the printer will not print, it is greyed out. It has to be uninstalled, and reinstalled before it will print.

Most documents and answers show fixes for printer problems during the remote session, but I cannot find anything on how to correct the issue I am having AFTER the remote session has ended.

What can I do to ensure the printer is available?

Thanks in advance!

:)

B_Skinner, Aug 7, 2019

2. Printer not working

Hi Terry,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

How have you connected the printer to your computer? Is it wired or wireless connection?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Mouse, Touchpad and Printer drivers check if it works for you.
    Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Follow the same steps to uninstall Mouse and Printer drivers.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset, touchpad and Printer drivers.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Giridhar J, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Printer Not Working after Update

Hi Von,

Since your printer is also having an issue after an update, we suggest that you run the Printer Troubleshooter as an initial troubleshooting step. Follow the steps provided in the link on my first response. Also, can you provide us additional details regarding
    your concern. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Which update are you referring to which caused this issue?
    • Which troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Keep us posted so we can further assist you.

Jennifer Bri, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Printer not working after RDP logoff

Printer

Hi Rodrigo,

I am sorry to know that you are having issues with Printer.

What and all steps have you tried so far?

Restart the computer and check.

Also, check for Windows updates.

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

Printer not working after RDP logoff

1. Printer not working after RDP logoff - Similar Threads - Printer working RDP

2. Shared printers in RDP no longer work by mistake: Handle is invalid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shared printers in RDP no longer work by mistake: Handle is invalid: Hello everyone, I'm trying to fix a problem I'm having on Windows Server 2012 R2. After performing some system updates, every printer shared via RDP no longer works correctly because I receive this message: Handle is invalid.Via Event Viewer I get this:"The print spooler...
  3. Shared printers in RDP no longer work by mistake: Handle is invalid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shared printers in RDP no longer work by mistake: Handle is invalid: Hello everyone, I'm trying to fix a problem I'm having on Windows Server 2012 R2. After performing some system updates, every printer shared via RDP no longer works correctly because I receive this message: Handle is invalid.Via Event Viewer I get this:"The print spooler...
  4. inactivity logoff in windows 10 not working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    inactivity logoff in windows 10 not working?: it used to work but this week it hasn't at all,and i don't think i touched the screensaver settings. but i rechecked and its still at "screen saver at 1 min" and sleep at 1 min. but it no longer works now. anyone have an idea? submitted by /u/AdmirableFondant0 [link]...
  5. Local printers not redirecting in RDP connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Local printers not redirecting in RDP connection: My client has a Windows 2011 Small Business Server using Active Directory. Due to COVID-19, they have enacted work from home measures. One of their employees is using RDP to connect to their office computer remotely. Their local computer is Windows 10 and their remote...
  6. Windows Logon & logoff sound is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Logon & logoff sound is not working: I change the sound but when I turn on the device it only plays the default windows sound. Can anyone help me to fix this? Thank you.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-logon-logoff-sound-is-not-working/012e4ff5-c912-490b-962f-078159a528dd
  7. "Automatic Logoff after Inactivity"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Automatic Logoff after Inactivity": Is "Automatic Logoff after Inactivity" a global setting for all users if this setting is enabled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-logoff-after-inactivity/786a9171-6e16-4679-8117-d44d9065a339"
  8. Can't logoff from RDP session because Event Notification service stucks

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't logoff from RDP session because Event Notification service stucks: Hello, When I logoff from my rdp session sometimes it doesn't end and stucks on "Please wait for the system Event Notification service" (on Russian "Работает служба уведомления о системных событиях"). When I try to reconnect via rdp, i get the same screen with same error...
  9. Logon and Logoff sounds not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Logon and Logoff sounds not working.: I've already done the registry changes to make these events show in the sounds / sounds window. Source: How to Change the Windows 10 Logoff, Logon, and Shutdown Sounds in Windows 10 I've assigned the custom sounds to them I've been using in W7 for years and the sounds...
  10. RDP not Working.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP not Working.: Hi all I have Just Upgraded from Windows7. I Remote to Server 2012r2 A lot through a VPN. I haven't been able to connect Since the upgrade. Tried to turn off the firewall still Keep getting the error "Internal Error occurred" It's not a Windows 10 issue because I Know...