Windows 10: Printer not working after update KB:4560960

Discus and support Printer not working after update KB:4560960 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Discovered yesterday that my Windows 10 laptop had lost printer functionality with my Brother MFC-240C printer. Files would queue for just a fraction... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KGNM72, Jun 20, 2020.

1. KGNM72 Win User

Printer not working after update KB:4560960

Discovered yesterday that my Windows 10 laptop had lost printer functionality with my Brother MFC-240C printer. Files would queue for just a fraction of a second and never send to printer. Uninstalling update KB:4560960 restored functionality. First Windows 10 update that caused a technical issue for me.

:)

KGNM72, Jun 20, 2020

2. Printer Not Working after Update

Hi Von,

Since your printer is also having an issue after an update, we suggest that you run the Printer Troubleshooter as an initial troubleshooting step. Follow the steps provided in the link on my first response. Also, can you provide us additional details regarding
    your concern. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Which update are you referring to which caused this issue?
    • Which troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Keep us posted so we can further assist you.

Jennifer Bri, Jun 20, 2020
  3. Printer not working

Hi Terry,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

How have you connected the printer to your computer? Is it wired or wireless connection?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Mouse, Touchpad and Printer drivers check if it works for you.
    Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Follow the same steps to uninstall Mouse and Printer drivers.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset, touchpad and Printer drivers.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Giridhar J, Jun 20, 2020
  4. Printer not working after update KB:4560960

Printer not working after update KB 3139907

My wireless printer has stopped working since the last update KB 3139907. I have removed the printer, reinstalled it & updated printer drivers but still not working. There is no problem with the printer, it is working from other laptops in the house. Any
    ideas?

LizaWebster, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

Printer not working after update KB:4560960

1. Printer not working after update KB:4560960 - Similar Threads - Printer working update

2. Problems after installing Updates KB 5012117 and KB 5012599

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems after installing Updates KB 5012117 and KB 5012599: Immediately after installing Updates KB 5012117 and KB 5012599 Office 2019 slowed down and now takes 30 seconds or longer to save a small file in WORD and EXCEL. Restoring to a pre-instal date sorted the problem but when I reinstalled the updates the same problem occurred and...
  3. Problems after installing Updates KB 5012117 and KB 5012599

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems after installing Updates KB 5012117 and KB 5012599: Immediately after installing Updates KB 5012117 and KB 5012599 Office 2019 slowed down and now takes 30 seconds or longer to save a small file in WORD and EXCEL. Restoring to a pre-instal date sorted the problem but when I reinstalled the updates the same problem occurred and...
  4. Problems after installing Updates KB 5012117 and KB 5012599

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. after windows update not working printer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    after windows update not working printer: after windows update not working printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-windows-update-not-working-printer/73679a30-7b0d-454b-84fb-361b7c70df2f
  6. Printer won't work after update

Printer won't work after update: After my most recent Windows 10 update, my HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 won't stay connected to wifi. I've tried uninstalling the printer and re-installing it. Still says my printer is offline....
  7. Programs Can't Be Opened and/or Uninstalled After Updating Windows KB 4560960: "Windows...

Programs Can't Be Opened and/or Uninstalled After Updating Windows KB 4560960: "Windows...: Hi. So, last night I was checking for updates using Windows Update, and unfortunately I decided to update my Windows 10 Education. There were two updates: [ATTACH] and I just instinctively installed them. This afternoon, I was trying to open Remote Mouse a third-party app...
  8. printers not working after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printers not working after update: Computer/programs do not recognize installed printers after installing upgrade. They show in the device manager but do not show up in any program when trying to print....
  9. KB update

KB update: Hello --- if MS fixed/updates a patch (KB entry) will the date for the entry in the patch catalog for the patch get updated to reflect the update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kb-update/878c9bbd-2d03-47a4-9824-d64d4b7e0fc8
  10. Printer previously working now not working after updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer previously working now not working after updates: Using Windows 10 home, fully updated. After recent updates my Xerox printer has ceased to work. I have followed all the usual routines to reinstall the printer etc to no avail. The event message from the printer properties is as follows. Driver Management concluded the...