Windows 10: Printer Not Working after upgrading to Windows 10

Discus and support Printer Not Working after upgrading to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a dell printer and desktop,after upgrading to windows 10 printer will not work anymore. I have done all humanly possible including running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MarieDaugherty, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Printer Not Working after upgrading to Windows 10

I have a dell printer and desktop,after upgrading to windows 10 printer will not work anymore.
    I have done all humanly possible including running original disk for my printer.
    Would love a fix for this,after all we are the ones buying the Windows/Microsoft/Computers products.
    This needs to be fixed as it is causing lots of problems for everyone.
    I have also noticed I am not the only one with this same problem.
    I also believe there is a fix for this,or something can be created to fix this problem for us all.
    People who are severely ill can not afford to have a problem like this,nor can anyone else.
    I also do not think that everyone can afford to go out a buy a new product every 6 months or so.
    This is technology that I know can be fixed by someone smarter than me.
    Our technology can not afford to be behind.
    You create,we buy...when did the customer become the fixer?
    Thank you for your time.

:)

MarieDaugherty, Feb 3, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 3, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Printer not working after upgrade to Windows 10

Hi Spinney,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Printer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Printer. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Printer troubleshooter

For the Unknown device in the device manager, I suggest you to refer the link below and check if it helps.

In Device Manager, OTHER DEVICES has yellow question mark

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Feb 3, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Printer Not Working after upgrading to Windows 10

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

Printer Not Working after upgrading to Windows 10

1. Printer Not Working after upgrading to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Printer Working upgrading

2. Printer Not Recognized by Windows After Upgrade 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer Not Recognized by Windows After Upgrade 7 to 10: Getting pretty frustrated by now, but thought I'd try here first to get help. Upgrade went okay, even though plenty of programs won't work now. Being forced to do this; not a fan.Have an HP LaserJet P1102w and an HP desktop computer. The printer is listed as there, I upgraded...
  3. printer not work after upgrade windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    printer not work after upgrade windows 11: error 0x00000bc4 after upgrade to windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-not-work-after-upgrade-windows-11/91f9f9d2-a6af-4134-9c37-d37707757d14
  4. printer not work after upgrade windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    printer not work after upgrade windows 11: error 0x00000bc4 after upgrade to windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-not-work-after-upgrade-windows-11/91f9f9d2-a6af-4134-9c37-d37707757d14
  5. Printer HP LaserJet 1320 not working after Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer HP LaserJet 1320 not working after Windows 10 upgrade: My HP LaserJet 1320 printer has stopped working after a Windows 10 upgrade. Have tried installing patch KB456723 and reinstalling the print driver but to no effect. Have tried printing a test page from my PC and get an “Operation could not be completed error 0x000007d1....
  6. Slow printer after windows 10 upgrade

Slow printer after windows 10 upgrade: Ever since my computer did a windows 10 upgrade, my printer prints extremely slow. I have done all the diagnostics multiple times and it still will not print at a normal speed. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. According to the printer website and diagnostics my printer is...
  7. Printers not working after October upgrade to Windows 10

Printers not working after October upgrade to Windows 10: I have just upgraded to the October Upgrade (Build 1809 OS Build 17763.1). I have 2 printer/scanners. An HP Officejet HP8600 All in One. Plus a Canon Pixma MG3250. I am running Windows 10 Pro (64bit). Now I can scan into an app via WIA. It says it cannot connect to the...
  8. Printers not working after October upgrade to Windows 10

Printers not working after October upgrade to Windows 10: I have just upgraded to the October Upgrade (Build 1809 OS Build 17763.1). I have 2 printer/scanners. An HP Officejet HP8600 All in One. Plus a Canon Pixma MG3250. I am running Windows 10 Pro (64bit). Now I can scan into an app via WIA. It says it cannot connect to the...
  9. Printer problem after Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printer problem after Windows 10 upgrade: After Windows 10 upgrade my computer "mysteriously" connected to Public and can't use Printer now. Trying to reset to private. How do I do that? Is that a connect solution? Will private setting stop SPAM?...
  10. After upgrading to fall creator, Printer not working

After upgrading to fall creator, Printer not working: Yesterday, I upgrade windows to fall creator and now my HP 1020 Plus printer (2017 Mfg) is not working. I ran the MS troubleshooter but it did not find any problem. 97000